Educational

Author Topic: Ask RobertN anything!!!  (Read 17605 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Ask RobertN anything!!!
« Reply #390 on: June 09, 2007, 12:56:04 PM »
Oh my! That would be especially dirty,
given that your parents are going along.  :laugh:

richard

« Reply #391 on: June 09, 2007, 12:57:49 PM »
roberts a little cutie!! i defintly need to see more pictures :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #392 on: June 09, 2007, 01:36:03 PM »
So, where do you sleep when you are there?  In someone's home?

No. We hire a house. Just like self-catering in the UK. To be honest, I find that question offensive >:(.

???

I am perplexed as to how what I asked could possibly be interpreted as offensive, Robert.

Maybe you are still upset by the Happy Birthday thread, but if you stop to think, I really did you a huge favor in making you aware of the fact that you were being lied to by Emma and Ascan and had been for a long time.  It was a difficult thing for me to do, but it needed doing.  You were able to move on.  If you had not, you would still be stuck being lied to by Emma and you would not have found C.

No. We hire a house. Just like self-catering in the UK. To be honest, I find that question offensive >:(.

I doubt she was trying to be offensive I just don't think she understood what self catering holidays are Robert- it might be a cultural thing.

When you go self-catering Callaway you generally get an apartment (or if you pay more a house) to stay in, but you have to provide your own food-rather than having your meals provided for you like you would in an hotel.

Thank you, Purposeful Insanity.  I have never heard of "self catering" and when I tried looking it up in Wikipedia, I just got Catering.  In the US, when one goes on vacation and stays in a hotel, meals are seldom included except maybe breakfast, although one can eat in the hotel dining room or anywhere else.  I guess if one stays at all-inclusive resorts, then meals are included.  

If one stays at a bed and breakfast, then one stays in someone's home and usually only breakfast is included.

:plus:

(For Purposeful Insanity and Calandale)

You would get a minus this time, if your karma were not frozen, Robert.

I have no idea how what I asked would imply any sort of infidelity.

:mwhaha:

This is my 6666th post!

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.

Justice the founder of my fabric mov'd:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.

Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.

Such characters in colour dim I mark'd
Over a portal's lofty arch inscrib'd:
Whereat I thus: Master, these words import.

Edited to remove C's first name.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 03:06:03 PM by Callaway »

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #393 on: June 09, 2007, 01:43:30 PM »
How did you and the buzzard person meet?

What are your plans for the future?

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #394 on: June 09, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »
No, I am certainly not upset by the "Happy Birthday" thread. That is done and dusted and I'm thankful for what you tried to do.

However, it just seems that you have been picking holes in my words tonight, first in the Jman thread, and now here. Quite frankly, I've got enough going on in my life at the moment without you asking an excessive number of questions about my upcoming holiday. It seemed from my point of view that you were trying to get at me for some reason. I am allowed an opinion here, you know. Just because you helped me overcome a difficult problem in my life recently doesn't give you the right to expect me to agree with every single thing you say about every single issue. If I felt that people were having a go at Jman unfairly earlier, then I have a right to say so and not to expect nit-picking in my personal thread later on in the day.

And just one more thing. How did you find out Buzzard's first name? Did she give you permission to use it publically, because I know that she doesn't particularly want her private details all over the forum when she doesn't know people very well yet. If she gave you permission, fine. If she didn't, I think it may be a good idea to remove it and replace it with her username before too many people see this thread and find out what her real name is.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I seem aggressive, but I've got to be assertive and stand up for myself sometimes. What good I am doing if I can't make my voice heard? :(
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 03:04:04 PM by RobertN »

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #395 on: June 09, 2007, 02:19:48 PM »
How did you and the buzzard person meet?

What are your plans for the future?

We haven't actually "met" yet, but Buzzard contacted me on here about a week ago concerning an issue on AspieVillage. It kind of developed from there.

We are taking things very slowly as that is what suits both of us. We have no specific plans yet. :)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #396 on: June 09, 2007, 02:21:48 PM »
I think you'll find Robert that in the Jman thread she wasn't picking apart your words but simply pointing out why some may have had something to say about the way he'd been with QC.

Look at it this way- you're complaining that Callaway mentioned Buzzards real name- that's personal information that Buzzard might not have wanted posting on the board (although I don't think Callaway did it deliberately), and that is the exact problem some of us had with Jman in the thread you just referred to. 

She's already explained that she didn't know what self-catering mean (and Calandale confirmed it wasn't a word they generally used in the US)- perhaps what you see as her asking too many questions in this thread is just Callaway trying to understand what that meant.  Maybe you're just reading too much into things tonight, I know many of us have times like that.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #397 on: June 09, 2007, 02:24:57 PM »
You do realize that you don't HAVE to answer questions?

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #398 on: June 09, 2007, 02:30:48 PM »
We are taking things very slowly as that is what suits both of us. We have no specific plans yet.

I wasn't talking about the relationship I was talking about you personally.

richard

« Reply #399 on: June 09, 2007, 02:38:37 PM »
You do realize that you don't HAVE to answer questions?
:laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #400 on: June 09, 2007, 03:04:10 PM »
No, I am certainly not upset by the "Happy Birthday" thread. That is done and dusted and I'm thankful for what you tried to do.

However, it just seems that you have been picking holes in my words tonight, first in the Jman thread, and now here. Quite frankly, I've got enough going on in my life at the moment without you asking an excessive number of questions about my upcoming holiday. It seemed from my point of view that you were trying to get at me for some reason. I am allowed an opinion here, you know. Just because you helped me overcome a difficult problem in my life recently doesn't give you the right to expect me to agree with every single thing you say about every single issue. If I felt that people were having a go at Jman unfairly earlier, then I have a right to say so and not to expect nit-picking in my personal thread later on in the day.

And just one more thing. How did you find out Buzzard's first name? Did she give you permission to use it publically, because I know that she doesn't particularly want her private details all over the forum when she doesn't know people very well yet. If she gave you permission, fine. If she didn't, I suggest you remove it and replace it with her username.

Of course you have every right to express your opinion, just as I have every right to express mine.

Likewise, please don't expect me to agree with everything you say, especially when I think that you don't even know what you are talking about.  Apparently you got the story wrong with the Jman and Baby situation.  I know you got the story wrong in the Jman and Quirky Carla situation.

I was curious about your holiday, but if any question makes you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to answer.  I think the problem was that you assumed that I knew what a self-catered holiday meant when I did not.  Why you would interpret that as me getting at you, I can't imagine.  You are assuming animosity that does not exist.

I think Buzzard's first name must be posted somewhere on the board.  If she has a problem with me using it, then I will edit my post.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:40:47 PM by Callaway »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2007, 03:58:37 PM »

Isn't hiring a house more expensive than a hotel?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2007, 03:59:33 PM »
not necessarily.

anyway, read the "what are you thinking" thread - i'm in need!   :(

Offline Buzzard

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
I think Buzzard's first name must be posted somewhere on the board.  If she has a problem with me using it, then I will edit my post.

Callaway, whilst I didnt particular want others to know my real name at present, there seems to be no point in getting upset about it now.  Thank you for editing your post anyway before I came online.  After all, it is only my christian name and its best to keep these things in perspective.

Thank you also to Robert for having my best interests at heart, even if you were a little over enthusiastic in my defence!

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2007, 04:35:48 PM »
Thats OK, angel-face! Its been a long day. :-*

I'm sorry for getting aggressive earlier, Callaway - and thanks for respecting Buzzard's wishes. :)