Author Topic: Do women get the easy treatment....  (Read 6766 times)

The_P

Re: Do women get the easy treatment....
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2007, 01:11:41 PM »
If some anecdote is done correctly, regardless if it is about rape, pregnancy, whatever, then I will laugh at it.

maybe you'd care to explain to me how being raped or losing a child could be funny?

I knew you would take this to heart.

I said it before and I will say it again: Despite how I may feel about some certain issues, like the ones you've listed, I will laugh at fucked-up humour -- be it from a episode from South Park or Family Guy, or from a date-rape joke by the likes of Joan Rivers.

Private Eye has made a light-hearted attempt at humourising paedophilia, and I thought it was funny as fuck, despite the numerous complaints it had from the viewers. But I am not insensitive to this issue because a family member of mine has been sexually abused by one of them.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 01:40:38 PM by Barrywhore »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2007, 01:15:37 PM »
it's not about taking it to heart, it's about wanting to know why you think such things can be funny.  and you still haven't answered the question.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »
Didn't you think the paedophile episode of Brass eye was funny?  It dealt with a subject that most people would think could never be seen as funny, is it that much different?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2007, 01:22:32 PM »
the humour in that was to do with the way in which he was making a serious point, i thought, rather than paedophilia being instrinsically funny per se..  i take your point, though.

The_P

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »
it's not about taking it to heart, it's about wanting to know why you think such things can be funny.  and you still haven't answered the question.

I feel that it is not wrong to make parodies out of what is cruel about this world. We as a nation did the same with Hitler, the racists, the politicians, the disabled, but why must it stop there? Who says that comedy needs to have certain boundaries on certain issues?

No-one here contested when I mocked autistics, calling them "spazes", or when HG mentioned that Robert should be euthanized when he was still sticking up for Omega. I find this hypocritical.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2007, 01:27:02 PM »
the humour in that was to do with the way in which he was making a serious point, i thought, rather than paedophilia being instrinsically funny per se..  i take your point, though.

I can't see how the two subjects in question could be funny, but sometimes you just never know- it is a little crass to mention them in such an offhand way, but I kind of see where you're both coming from with this.

The_P

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »
Didn't you think the paedophile episode of Brass eye was funny?  It dealt with a subject that most people would think could never be seen as funny, is it that much different?

Oh BRASS Eye. Durr... what I was referring to earlier was Ian Hislop's mag. Silly me. :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »
.....on this board.  simply because they have a vagina?

I've brought this topic up before and yes, sometimes they get a free pass, but that isn't different from society in general.

I was thinking about my 4 years in the Marines and all the women I cam across. 3 of them were damn good Marines, 2 of those 3 were former drill instructors.

All in all, I'd say this though, out of a squadron of 130 someodd people with 120 guys and 10-12 women, if you were to pick the 5 most lazy worthless pieces of shit in the unit, 3 of those 5 would be women.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »

Not by me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »

Not by me.

Nor by me..I'm very picky about vagina's as I get older.   :evillaugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2007, 05:47:08 PM »

Not by me.

Nor by me..I'm very picky about my vagina's as I get older.   :evillaugh:

You have more than one?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »
I'm envying him more and more.

ozymandias

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2007, 05:58:44 PM »

Not by me.

Nor by me..I'm very picky about vagina's as I get older.   :evillaugh:

You have more than one?

No, only one, but it is of the highest quality. ;D

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2007, 06:12:15 PM »
i tried before in this thread.  that was a purposeful act on my part.  but it didn't work.  so i can say honestly, that when i do irritate you, it probably isn't purposeful.

now, i have to leave for work!

Ok I see what you mean, that wasn't the thing I thought you'd deny but nevermind

Have a good afternoon!
i am ready for an ass drubbing.  i am considering calling you out over this, because i wish to get to the bottom of it.  that is, unless you think that it would irritate you?
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2007, 06:14:50 PM »
Re-read my post- you said: "so what i hear from you is that you want me soooo bad."
To which I responded with "Like it doesn't cut both ways  :P"

That was the comment I thought you'd deny- are you happy now you made me look a twunt for having to spell it out exactly for you??  >:D