Author Topic: Just say no!  (Read 4708 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Just say no!
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2007, 07:49:54 AM »
on that subject of asking someone out.  what about fair play.  why should the onus be on the man a bulk of the time to initiate getting together?

I'd agree with that if only if it wasn't for the fact that in my experience some men don't like it when a woman asks them out, they seem to wonder what's wrong with her if she does.
Men like a challenge?
Men like the thrill of the chase?
PI...surely that's game playing?

That's the point I was making in my early question to McStud.  There's game playing going on from both sides yet women are the ones that get called dishonest cunts because of it.
You know what though...the boys here get all funny about it and yet the girls here are probably the ones least inclined to do it...but we get attacked for it.
I'm going to have a Bag the Ball Owners thread...where we bitch our asses out about guys!
the bag the ball owners thread is a good idea.

but the rest of your statement was hippocritical.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
sorry peeps, but sex rarely happens naturally.  society tells people that they have certain roles to play in the mating game.

Yes it does- so why put most of the blame on the woman's head?
because men are way less complex.  it only seems fair.

men are more honest.  a girl always knows what a man wants.  unless they are the emo guy, who is simply looking for a relationship.  ut then again, he is likely to be really looking for in house pusssy.
You are so romantic when you talk so sweetly.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »
men are more honest.  a girl always knows what a man wants.  unless they are the emo guy, who is simply looking for a relationship.  ut then again, he is likely to be really looking for in house pusssy.

If a woman wants the fancy dinners, flowers, chocolates, free drinks, etc- isn't she also being honest in that she wants a male who could provide for his family if the relationship gets that far?

(please note I don't believe that the onus should be on the male to provide but I know a lot of people do feel that way- both men and women).

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »
on that subject of asking someone out.  what about fair play.  why should the onus be on the man a bulk of the time to initiate getting together?

I'd agree with that if only if it wasn't for the fact that in my experience some men don't like it when a woman asks them out, they seem to wonder what's wrong with her if she does.
Men like a challenge?

That's the point I was making in my early question to McStud.  There's game playing going on from both sides yet women are the ones that get called dishonest cunts because of it.
You know what though...the boys here get all funny about it and yet the girls here are probably the ones least inclined to do it...but we get attacked for it.
I'm going to have a Bag the Ball Owners thread...where we bitch our asses out about guys!

Sure, like all my statements.  Thanks baby.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 07:53:22 AM »
sorry peeps, but sex rarely happens naturally.  society tells people that they have certain roles to play in the mating game.

Pfft!

this coming from someone who claims they respect honesty.

do you know nothing about what most men want?
i am sure that calandale will come on here with a different party line, but that is his way.

what is wrong with sex?
what is wrong with wanting it?

also, i can assume that the divorce rate is a result of too many emo guys wanting that in house pussy.  but once the in house pussy gets old(er), you still have to have something in common.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2007, 07:54:59 AM »

If a woman wants the fancy dinners, flowers, chocolates, free drinks, etc- isn't she also being honest in that she wants a male who could provide for his family if the relationship gets that far?

(please note I don't believe that the onus should be on the male to provide but I know a lot of people do feel that way- both men and women).
yes they are, if they let the guy know that they aren't really interested in him that way, first.  because the woman certainly knows what the man wants.  why else would they go through the trouble....to have an intelligent conversation?
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2007, 07:55:45 AM »

Men like a challenge?

you have done your fair share of attacking....generally unprovoked.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2007, 07:56:38 AM »

Pfft!

i am sure that calandale will come on here with a different party line, but that is his way.

what is wrong with sex?

also, i can assume that the divorce rate is a result of too many emo guys wanting that in house pussy.  but once the in house pussy gets old(er), you still have to have something in common.
Can you actually read posts or are you so full of your own self righteous opinion that you forget to see what others say?
Can you stop putting words in my mouth?  Did I ever say I wasn't up for being honest about what I want?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2007, 07:59:02 AM »

yes they are, if they let the guy know that they aren't really interested in him that way, first.  because the woman certainly knows what the man wants.  why else would they go through the trouble....to have an intelligent conversation?

Could it be though that the women are actually interested in a guy that way, but because he isn't being completely honest from the start (by trying to charm her rather than acting like himself) her attraction wanes once the false front wears off? If people were honest about who they are right from the start don't you think that both parties would be more likely to get what they want? 

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2007, 07:59:20 AM »

Men like a challenge?

Are you going to keep on this line again, because it's old now.  Really old.  You were throwing all women into the same basket and I defended the statement by saying most of the women here weren't like that anyway so it's hard to be attacked for it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2007, 07:59:59 AM »

Pfft!

what is wrong with sex?

Can you actually read posts or are you so full of your own self righteous opinion that you forget to see what others say?
Can you stop putting words in my mouth?  Did I ever say I wasn't up for being honest about what I want?

my bad.  that read as a dig to me.

are we back at the communication breakdown part of our discussion, yet again.

if i read you wrong then i apologise.
the rest of my statement stands.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2007, 08:02:19 AM »

Men like a challenge?

Are you going to keep on this line again, because it's old now.  Really old.  You were throwing all women into the same basket and I defended the statement by saying most of the women here weren't like that anyway so it's hard to be attacked for it.
i disagree.  i really don't know most of the women here to accept that what you said is true.  neither do you.

however, i would agree that most of the women here CLAIM to not be that way.

but my real lifes experience has told me that is not likely.  then again, it could be that i am from southern california....the phoney capitol of the world.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »

Pfft!

what is wrong with sex?

my bad.  that read as a dig to me.

are we back at the communication breakdown part of our discussion, yet again.

if i read you wrong then i apologise.
the rest of my statement stands.
I thought it was a general discussion myself.  I was teasing about the crassmess of the in house pussy statement...why do you jump down on me and no-one else?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2007, 08:04:20 AM »
i disagree.  i really don't know most of the women here to accept that what you said is true.  neither do you.

but my real lifes experience has told me that is not likely.  then again, it could be that i am from southern california....the phoney capitol of the world.

One quick question because I really have to log off now.

Do you think I'm putting on an act when I claim not to be that way??  (self-obsessed I know, but its something that I've been accused of before so tough shit).

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2007, 08:07:01 AM »

One quick question because I really have to log off now.

Do you think I'm putting on an act when I claim not to be that way??  (self-obsessed I know, but its something that I've been accused of before so tough shit).
PI, i have gotten to know you better than most of the people here.  maybe all the people.

you have shown amazing consistency.  i don't see you as someone who puts on an act.  though sometimes you are controlled by your insecurities, which holds you back a bit.
you are one of the best people i have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Misunderstood.