Educational

Author Topic: gay bar wins suit down under  (Read 634 times)

Scrapheap

Re: gay bar wins suit down under
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 09:10:36 PM »
That's likely more words than those people deserve milla,  ;)

You're right, they're practicing their own brand of bigotry, and bigots don't deserve to have any effort wasted on them whatsoever.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 04:29:25 AM »
it's not fair lesbians are turned away. if a bar does that it's a semi-gay bar. also, why turn away all heteros? and what about bis? why can't they turn away those who make trouble regardless of gender or orientation?
I would suspect in removing the girls it then helps to remove bi males really.  For example, you are a gay guy chatting up a guy you think is cute (but who is bi)....cute bi chick comes in, off he goes to chat her up.

There are a lot of gay and lesbian people who are totally ill at ease with the concept of bi-sexual. I also think there are a some gay males who have an aversion to females as they perceive them as competition with cute guys.  A broad statement, but having spent time within some of those groups, I'd say you can definitely see those attitudes at times.

I've found that to be true too- its almost like they think we're just playing at it and in doing so are taking away from their pool of potential partners.  Gay people can have a very dismissive attitude towards bisexuals sometimes.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 04:30:50 AM »
it's not fair lesbians are turned away. if a bar does that it's a semi-gay bar. also, why turn away all heteros? and what about bis? why can't they turn away those who make trouble regardless of gender or orientation?
I would suspect in removing the girls it then helps to remove bi males really.  For example, you are a gay guy chatting up a guy you think is cute (but who is bi)....cute bi chick comes in, off he goes to chat her up.

There are a lot of gay and lesbian people who are totally ill at ease with the concept of bi-sexual. I also think there are a some gay males who have an aversion to females as they perceive them as competition with cute guys.  A broad statement, but having spent time within some of those groups, I'd say you can definitely see those attitudes at times.

I've found that to be true too- its almost like they think we're just playing at it and in doing so are taking away from their pool of potential partners.  Gay people can have a very dismissive attitude towards bisexuals sometimes.
Yep.  So true.
My gay friend turned into a jealous bitch when a bi guy was interested in both of us.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 05:45:35 AM »
a jealous bitch.
lol.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 05:54:19 AM »
Sometimes the rules are never fair.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 05:55:46 AM »
Trust me, I have the photos to prove it...that guy is all over me in all of them!

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 06:17:19 AM »
Trust me, I have the photos to prove it...that guy is all over me in all of them!
Really. :o
Guardian of the Empire