Author Topic: Scottish elections  (Read 5585 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Scottish elections
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2007, 02:59:04 AM »
Lit, do you teach history or something?? You'd make a good teacher I bet.

"And that, children, is why Swedes are a bunch of pathetic pussies who deserve to get raped by every other country that would have them."
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Scrapheap

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2007, 03:01:15 AM »
Lit, do you teach history or something?? You'd make a good teacher I bet.

"And that, children, is why Swedes are a bunch of pathetic pussies who deserve to get raped by every other country that would have them."

:flamer:  :laugh:

Litigious

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2007, 03:17:09 AM »
The worst thing is that that is true:(

Scrapheap

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2007, 03:19:27 AM »

You should redeem yourself and invade Finland then.  :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Litigious

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2007, 03:25:41 AM »
The thing with the King dressing in the uniform of Karl is actually a true story, and he had the high gentlemen helping him to take the uniform on(!) It was a great honour in those days to help a King to dress himself. The great Swedish-Finnish poet Runeberg has ridiculed the farce in a famous poem:

"You, Piper, will help Us to get on one of his gloves;
you, Lagerbring, treat the other one the same way thus.
Field-Marshal Toll, your age and honour make you worth,
to fasten around Our waiste his victorious sword."

::)

Litigious

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2007, 03:26:46 AM »

You should redeem yourself and invade Finland then.  :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Yes! And Norway! And Denmark! And the Baltic states! :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2007, 06:27:07 AM »
Finland would kick Sweden's ass if the Swedes ever tried...  >:D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2007, 06:33:44 AM »

And then rape said ass?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2007, 06:38:29 AM »

And then rape said ass?

We'd have to drink some Koskenkorva first, but sure, why not? :green:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline keven

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2007, 06:55:38 AM »
Well that was fun reading. :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »
I was the best at my entire high school at history, according to my history teacher, but I haven't been a history teacher myself, though.  :(

Gustav IV Adolf actually thought that Napoleon literally was Antichrist and that he, Gustav Adolf, was a new Karl XII. Here's a picture of the King posing in Karl XII:s uniform for Field Marshal Toll, Count Piper and General Lagerbring. As you can see, they look a bit confused.  ::)

A picture of the burning Moscow in 1812 as a little comfort in the misery.  >:D

Is Charles XII viewed that well in Sweden? Seems like he more or less ruined the country's power,
and got little or nothing for it. I still think he's great, but not good for the country.

Litigious

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »
I was the best at my entire high school at history, according to my history teacher, but I haven't been a history teacher myself, though.  :(

Gustav IV Adolf actually thought that Napoleon literally was Antichrist and that he, Gustav Adolf, was a new Karl XII. Here's a picture of the King posing in Karl XII:s uniform for Field Marshal Toll, Count Piper and General Lagerbring. As you can see, they look a bit confused.  ::)

A picture of the burning Moscow in 1812 as a little comfort in the misery.  >:D

Is Charles XII viewed that well in Sweden? Seems like he more or less ruined the country's power,
and got little or nothing for it. I still think he's great, but not good for the country.

No, he's not that well viewed, not today, but he was at that time, at least among the ruling classes. It's not politically correct to like him either, because not only did he ruin the country in the end, he also attacked other countries after they'd attacked Sweden. In a country where you're considered a schizophrenic idiot among your "peers" if you want to own a gun for self-protection, it of course is utterly wrong to invade Russia, even if Russia invaded Sweden first. Swedes are poor suckers.

Litigious

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2007, 10:15:16 AM »

This is also very true, I believe.  :(

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »

No, he's not that well viewed, not today, but he was at that time, at least among the ruling classes. It's not politically correct to like him either, because not only did he ruin the country in the end, he also attacked other countries after they'd attacked Sweden. In a country where you're considered a schizophrenic idiot among your "peers" if you want to own a gun for self-protection, it of course is utterly wrong to invade Russia, even if Russia invaded Sweden first. Swedes are poor suckers.

Big deal about fighting Russia. It was the fighting in Poland, and the stupidity of
trying for dramatic actions that was ridiculous. Still, one has to admire a brave fool.

Litigious

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2007, 11:27:29 AM »

Big deal about fighting Russia. It was the fighting in Poland, and the stupidity of
trying for dramatic actions that was ridiculous. Still, one has to admire a brave fool.

What should he have done? Just defended Sweden and then returned back home? Would they've left Sweden alone then? No. And I laugh about the thought that the cowards in charge today would even be able to do anything to stop the disaster.