Author Topic: i have given up drinking for good  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: i have given up drinking for good
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »
I agree. But it's a damn hard trip.

As to starting up again, be real careful, CJ,
If you're an alchy, it will grow on you again.
I have tendencies that way, but seem to be
able to take it or leave it, but my dad is unable
to control his drinking without really strict limits.

Scrapheap

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
I'm lucky that I've always been a good moderate drinker.  :angel:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »
I fluctuate so damned much.
Had been drinking way too much
every Thursday. Making an ass out
of myself. Even hurled a bit on the way
home a couple of weeks ago. Damned
bartenders got too used to me.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »
I had a girlfriend who was convinced that we were both alcoholics. Hey, we met in a bar. We got drunk and screwed. They wrote songs about it (Not really. It was a different screwing in the song). We drank a lot together. I was so convinced by her that I went into re-hab and she followed, a couple of days later. I gave it a good go, but none of the stuff they used as examples ever happened to me. I had no way of identifying with the others who were really trying to clean up their fucked up lives. I was like a ringer and I did not belong there. I still stayed sober for about a year. I had known her almost a year, at that point and the shitty thing about her is that she was using cocaine the whole time and I did not know it. That was the real reason she checked in, too, not to get off of booze.

The funny thing is that when I started to drink again, I was in Jamaica. I had been drinking O'Douls non-alcoholic for a couple of months. I was sitting in a beachside bar, watching the sun go down on my first night, there and thinking of ganja. I ordered and the big, jolly rasta-man laughed at me. He asked why I would want an O'Douls, "You're in Jamaica, Mon? Why? Why you come to Jamaica if you want to drink O'Douls?" His argument was convincing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:06:49 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 11:46:34 PM »
i drank 14 beers yesterday and 2 shots of vodka. im suprised i didnt tear my stoumach in half from vomiting. :laugh:
so now the only beer for me? rootbeer. :clap:

Blasphemy !!! you blasphemous blasphemer !!!

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 04:04:08 AM »
I had a girlfriend who was convinced that we were both alcoholics.... I had known her almost a year, at that point and the shitty thing about her is that she was using cocaine the whole time and I did not know it. That was the real reason she checked in, too, not to get off of booze

hell yeah. I wish mine had held up well enough to stay alive. Unfortunately, her poison was Demerol, and it killed her. The only person who might give a shit enough to answer me if I wrote her. Too bad she's fucking dead.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 06:48:02 AM »
Dirt Dawg,
where you more pissed off that she was using cocaine, or holding out on you?
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 07:01:31 AM »
Dirt Dawg,

Hiding something that important from me, fooling me, pwning and owning me, like a bitch. It all came to light, gradually.

... a really willing bitch, was I, too. It was an embarrassing, desparate time, overall.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 07:06:12 AM »

As far as the junk, I have done it several times, myself and I really can't detect that it does much, that I can feel. It makes you numb? Fuck, I'm already numb. Give me something that lets me feel something good. The only good cocaine I know of was played by Eric Clapton.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 07:31:55 AM »
Dirt Dawg,

Hiding something that important from me, fooling me, pwning and owning me, like a bitch. It all came to light, gradually.

... a really willing bitch, was I, too. It was an embarrassing, desparate time, overall.
of course you were a willing bitch.  she was giving you cocaine sex and all the stamina of an 18 year old.
jesus christ, if you look back on the moments, you were quite lucky.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 09:00:39 AM »
Dirt Dawg,

of course you were a willing bitch.  she was giving you cocaine sex and all the stamina of an 18 year old.
jesus christ, if you look back on the moments, you were quite lucky.

Yeah, we had our moments ...

Litigious

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »
I just came from the liquor store. I bought a bottle of Gentleman Jack instead of my usual single malt. Let's see what it tastes like. It costs about $50 here for 70 cl.

richard

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 11:34:56 AM »
hahaha

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 01:43:23 PM »
I just came from the liquor store. I bought a bottle of Gentleman Jack instead of my usual single malt. Let's see what it tastes like. It costs about $50 here for 70 cl.
single barrel jack is better.
gentleman jack is the same as old #7, imho.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »
single barrel jack is better.
gentleman jack is the same as old #7, imho.

It's a little bit smoother, but pretty like #7, yes. We have single barrel to, but you must order it and it costs even more, about $65 for a 70 cl bottle. The old government promised to lower the tax on alcohol, but they never did and then they lost the election.