Educational

Author Topic: i have given up drinking for good  (Read 1124 times)

richard

i have given up drinking for good
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »
i drank 14 beers yesterday and 2 shots of vodka. im suprised i didnt tear my stoumach in half from vomiting. :laugh:
so now the only beer for me? rootbeer. :clap:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: i have given up drinking for good
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:35:14 PM »
Bullshit!

... to the thread title.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

richard

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:36:45 PM »
no it is true. i thought i was going to die last nite :laugh: :P
i came to close to going to hell. maybe next time devil

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:44:36 PM »

Many have made themselves that promise and kept it only until the poisons are fully metabolised.

Hurts, though doesn't it?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 02:47:08 PM »
That's nothing. I could drink half a litre of whisky (almost a pint) in a few hours when I was younger.  8)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 03:16:27 PM »
Nah. You'll give it up for a couple weeks, and then, like all of us, just ease back into it.

Litigious

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »
 :agreed: :plus:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 04:56:11 PM »
That's nothing. I could drink half a litre of whisky (almost a pint) in a few hours when I was younger.  8)

You sound like me, Tig. I can't drink much either. Half a liter is nothing, though, compared to some heavy drinkers I've seen in music, even some famous ones. I've seen a drunken EVH chug most of a pint of Jack Daniels on his way to the stage, and almost play guitar afterwards.
In my twenties I split a 750mL bottle of Ron Rico Oro Especial with a buddy and my result was the same as Richards ... Never, again!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »
i used to finish a gallon of jack daniels with two friends.

i gave up drinking so long ago i forget how long it's been.  and have only drank about once per year since then....maybetwice.

though i gave up smoking weed only 5 months ago.  and i don't miss it.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »
I remember seeing Joe Walsh pretty damned fucked up on stage though.

I used to drink damn near a liter of Vodka in a couple hours, but I learned
that it wasn't a good idea. Didn't have to be useful the next day (or ever)
back then.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »
I almost never drank more than one beer when I was working a stage show, until all my gear was back in the truck. If I drink more than that my ears change too much to trust.
Tom Petty is another stumbler that I've seen pass out on stage and he fell and got a nasty cut on his mouth. Canceled the following two weeks of shows, too. I was pissed, because I didn't get paid.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 05:26:40 PM »
You work sound, I take it?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 06:28:25 PM »
Yes, in the seventies and eighties. Lots of travel, lots of hard work, lots of shows (one year I did over three hundred dates), lots of money, lots of women, not enough savings or frugalty. The nineties and up 'til almost two years ago, photography was my next hobby interest, turned career. My retirement may have to be watered down by getting a job, soon, though.

richard

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
i am serious!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 07:27:50 PM »

Hey, Richard, the longest I've gone was almost five years, which ended just three weeks ago. I can tell you that when I stopped drinking everyday (only a couple of beers, usually), I felt so much better, I can't describe it. Sober feels so much better than any alcohol tastes or than any buzzy headache I ever got. Right now I am experimenting, again, but I don't want to get back into "daily medication" with alcohol.

I may be the first to doubt you, but I'll also be the first to recommend sobriety. I feel stronger when I'm sober and I don't mean muscles - I mean coping ability.