Author Topic: Juggling the feuds..?  (Read 2630 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Juggling the feuds..?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »
once again....people do this to keep you in check.  so as to satisfy their own insecurities.

wanna give them a gig eff you?
don't allow them.

You know what I often want to give them a big fuck you- and I hate the fact that these opinions of theirs have wormed their way into my psyche so much.

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 08:02:27 AM »
I don't usually, that whole narrow-minded attitude turns me cold so I generally try and avoid that type of person
like the plague!

Unfortunately you often have to work with them and that contributed to me walking out of my last job

It got to the stage where I just didn't want to breathe the same toxic air as these people
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:05:23 AM by esme456 »

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 10:05:24 AM »
I couldnt belive Desperate Housewives last night - they were implying that British people have never heard of barbacues !  "you heat the meat over these coals, what?  how barbaric!"

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »
Tom,

i think you understood what i meant when we had that conversation the other day, but i see that certain people here have been unable to resist the opportunity to twist the situation around to make it look like i had sinister motives, so i will just clarify what i meant.

when people on here (particularly those who live outside the UK) make fun of AV members, there are little to no consequences for their actions. whereas, for you to do the same, may have implications in your real life. at the very least, it could cause a tense atmosphere between you and another AV member at a future meet-up and, in the worst case scenario, it could lead to you being physically assaulted at a meet-up - or being banned from attending them, altogether.

the reason why i thought it might be helpful for me to point that out to you is because i have found myself in similar situations, in the past (i've observed and copied other people's behaviour because i thought it was acceptable, only to realise later that i had over-looked the fact that my circumstances are completely different to those who i was imitating. therefore, it had not occurred to me that it would be inappropriate for me  to behave in a certain way, and that doing so would put me in a difficult position). obviously, it's up to you whether you take my advice or not, but i thought it would be in YOUR best interests to take your personal circumstances in to consideration before making negative comments about certain people.

so, i was only expressing concern for your welfare - not mine, or anybody else's.

i will just add, though, that i do think it's highly unlikely that someone would take something so seriously that they'd attack you for it but, there again, sites like AV do tend to attract some unusual characters.  :laugh:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 10:55:50 AM »
but i see that certain people here have been unable to resist the opportunity to twist the situation around to make it look like i had sinister motives, so i will just clarify what i meant.

Who has twisted anything around on this thread?  People have made comments based entirely on the original post, where has anyone claimed you had any motives regarding what you said to Tom?

The_P

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »
but i see that certain people here have been unable to resist the opportunity to twist the situation around to make it look like i had sinister motives, so i will just clarify what i meant.

Who has twisted anything around on this thread?  People have made comments based entirely on the original post, where has anyone claimed you had any motives regarding what you said to Tom?

Indeed.

Paranoia much?

Also, if anyone wants to attack me over some petty squabble I had with complete strangers from a message board at some meet-up, hypothetically-speaking, feel free -- I'd love to see 'em try.

"cam on! 'ave it!"  :fingers:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:05:04 AM by Touchy Ginger Phag »

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 11:06:43 AM »
Duncvis implied that i was trying to make Tom "pick a side," when all i actually did was try to help him avoid inadvertently getting in to trouble:

...Which doesn't mean you have to pick a side mate. Do what you fucking like, and take ownership of your own actions. If they're gonna judge you for hanging out with us thats their problem, not yours, as long as your own conscience is clear.

and i didn't say anything to him about "hanging out" here; it was specifically about the potential repercussions of making certain types of posts about AV members.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:14:06 AM by AntiHeather »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »
Duncvis implied that i was trying to make Tom "pick a side," when all i actually did was try to help him avoid inadvertently getting in to trouble:

...Which doesn't mean you have to pick a side mate. Do what you fucking like, and take ownership of your own actions. If they're gonna judge you for hanging out with us thats their problem, not yours, as long as your own conscience is clear.

Made in response to Tom asking if he could  post here and still keep his friends at AV because he'd been told that some of his posts here could cost him his friends on AV.  Tom had already stated that he didn't believe he'd done anything wrong, but that some of the members of AV thought he had- so what's wrong with pointing out that if people (i.e. those who did have a problem with his posts) judge him they're the ones with the problem.  Did anyone (including Dunc) actually claim that you were the one judging him?  You seem a little paranoid about all this to me.

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »
the whole post was about me, and people who are known to associate with me; there is no mention of general AV members:

One point for you Tom - this isn't the 'Dunc crowd', regardless of what they might think - its Intensity. Home of shitloads of other folk who aren't me, aren't under my secret control (or *gasp* terrified to disagree with me), etc, etc. Most of this bollocks would have been dead and buried if not for the meddling and encouragement of Ascan. Nobody hates RobertN particularly (except maybe Scrapheap, for reasons not connected with Intensity) - and both Omega and Ascan have earned my lasting enmity through their own actions. Which doesn't mean you have to pick a side mate. Do what you fucking like, and take ownership of your own actions. If they're gonna judge you for hanging out with us thats their problem, not yours, as long as your own conscience is clear.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
the whole post was about me, and people who are known to associate with me; there is no mention of general AV members:

One point for you Tom - this isn't the 'Dunc crowd', regardless of what they might think - its Intensity. Home of shitloads of other folk who aren't me, aren't under my secret control (or *gasp* terrified to disagree with me), etc, etc. Most of this bollocks would have been dead and buried if not for the meddling and encouragement of Ascan. Nobody hates RobertN particularly (except maybe Scrapheap, for reasons not connected with Intensity) - and both Omega and Ascan have earned my lasting enmity through their own actions. Which doesn't mean you have to pick a side mate. Do what you fucking like, and take ownership of your own actions. If they're gonna judge you for hanging out with us thats their problem, not yours, as long as your own conscience is clear.

Thank you for highlighting the relevant names I'd have never have been able to read them otherwise ::)   Yes its clear that Dunc was stating that Intensity wasn't 'his crowd'- something Tom said in his OP on this thread and something that has been stated by 'your side' many times in the past.  Its also clear that he's stating that Tom shouldn't be forced to take sides-something which Tom seemed to think he had to do.

The_P

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 11:47:40 AM »
*sigh* Here we go again.  ::)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 11:51:38 AM »

Who did you think would physically assault Tom at an Aspie meet-up over something he said here?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2007, 12:17:13 PM »

Don't worry I think this shite needs putting out of its misery. :deadhorse:

The_P

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »

Don't worry I think this shite needs putting out of its misery. :deadhorse:

Nice one. +

duncvis

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »
Oh fuck off Emoga, I only mentioned you in passing. You're really not worth the time spent explaining my advice to Tom to. So I won't bother. :zzz: