Educational

Author Topic: Juggling the feuds..?  (Read 2605 times)

The_P

Re: Juggling the feuds..?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »
Oh fuck off Emoga, I only mentioned you in passing. You're really not worth the time...

Not like me. Grease me up, big boy.  :eyebrows:

duncvis

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007, 02:30:17 PM »
Oh behave!  :ghey:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007, 02:52:51 PM »
Tom,

i think you understood what i meant when we had that conversation the other day, but i see that certain people here have been unable to resist the opportunity to twist the situation around to make it look like i had sinister motives, so i will just clarify what i meant.

when people on here (particularly those who live outside the UK) make fun of AV members, there are little to no consequences for their actions. whereas, for you to do the same, may have implications in your real life. at the very least, it could cause a tense atmosphere between you and another AV member at a future meet-up and, in the worst case scenario, it could lead to you being physically assaulted at a meet-up - or being banned from attending them, altogether.

the reason why i thought it might be helpful for me to point that out to you is because i have found myself in similar situations, in the past (i've observed and copied other people's behaviour because i thought it was acceptable, only to realise later that i had over-looked the fact that my circumstances are completely different to those who i was imitating. therefore, it had not occurred to me that it would be inappropriate for me  to behave in a certain way, and that doing so would put me in a difficult position). obviously, it's up to you whether you take my advice or not, but i thought it would be in YOUR best interests to take your personal circumstances in to consideration before making negative comments about certain people.

so, i was only expressing concern for your welfare - not mine, or anybody else's.

i will just add, though, that i do think it's highly unlikely that someone would take something so seriously that they'd attack you for it but, there again, sites like AV do tend to attract some unusual characters.  :laugh:
this, to me, reads like a subtle threat.  mafioso style.  capish?
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »
Nice forum you've got here; it would be a shame if someone rearranged all the threads.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2007, 03:21:06 PM »
Nice forum you've got here; it would be a shame if someone rearranged all the threads.

:laugh:  :plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »
i think the difference is that your history is full of radical class differences.  yet in america, our history is one of mostly middleclass....especially the euro-americans.

Nowhere in the Western world are the differences between "classes" as vast as in your country, AFAIK.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2007, 03:41:02 PM »
Omega, I doubt anyone read Tom's post with so much paranoia as you did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2007, 06:44:31 PM »
i think the difference is that your history is full of radical class differences.  yet in america, our history is one of mostly middleclass....especially the euro-americans.

Nowhere in the Western world are the differences between "classes" as vast as in your country, AFAIK.
the history of america.

the recent seperation is a new phenomina.  america has always, til recently, had a very strong middle class.

the erosion of the middle class is going to be our downfall, i predict.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2007, 07:05:23 PM »
If the American two-job working class ever organises, your political landscape is in for a readjustment.

ozymandias

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2007, 07:24:22 PM »
Are you talking about the UK Purposeful?

Yes- maybe its just the experience I've had but it seems that people are never very encouraging if your try steer away from what is expected of you.

People, my whole life expected me to just curl up and die or live some useless life.  My psycho-mother expected me to be a priest or layperson and take care of her for the rest of her life with no life of my own.  I learned early on to never do what was expected of me, except for specific things like my nursing work or my wife and daughter.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2007, 10:30:33 PM »
the recent seperation is a new phenomina.  america has always, til recently, had a very strong middle class.

the erosion of the middle class is going to be our downfall, i predict.

Naw. Not unless you count poor as dirt subsistence farmers in the middle class. And then, when
industry started taking hold in the US, things were as bad in the cities, as they were in Dickens' London.
The only time that the middle class was really when big labor had a lot of power. For the most point,
the middle class now is larger (percentage-wise) than in most periods of our history.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2007, 02:28:01 AM »
If the American two-job working class ever organises, your political landscape is in for a readjustment.
We're too fucking busy, working our asses off, to give a shit what someone else thinks. Not so much me and my lazy ass, but the typical middle class people I know are struggling and working hard, but most of them are too independant to organize anything with each other. I agree, though, the working stiffs could run most aspects of this country if we could organize. First thing to do is stop allowing ourselves to be controlled and taught what to think by emo PC bullshit twenty four hours per day.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »
Tom,
at the very least, it could cause a tense atmosphere between you and another AV member at a future meet-up and, in the worst case scenario, it could lead to you being physically assaulted at a meet-up.

i think callaway asked this already, but i am curious to know who this other member is....as if we would get an honest answer anyways.
Misunderstood.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2007, 09:03:37 AM »
i dont think she means anyone specific

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2007, 09:17:42 AM »
i dont think she means anyone specific
perhaps she doesn't.  but there had to be some motivation behind the statement.
Misunderstood.