Educational

Author Topic: how was your childhood?  (Read 1794 times)

thegridwelivein

Re: how was your childhood?
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007, 01:47:54 PM »
I'm going to get bored soon.

richard

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »
wahwah

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 03:58:48 PM »
i consider myself to be a keen person.  but i am a dumbass from time to time....read my sig.

sorry about what i said to you the other night starbuline.

How can you verify it's that raped Russian chick?

Not mocking rape victims or anything, so please move on, you little shitheads.
is this irony?

i don't know if it is at all. just taking a stab in the dark.

'twas my first thought, but with the turmoil elsewhere,
there are other possibilities.

Given the posting style, I doubt it.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 03:38:22 AM »
I used to think I had a crappy childhood until I read books by people who were actually abused in their childhood and they put me to tears. I then saw I did have a normal childhood. I had parents who loved me very much and never gave up on me. They were told by the doctors I'd be in an instution by the time I'm 10 and I would never learn how to talk or take care of myself and live a normal life. My mother worked with me everyday with cards with words and pictures on it and saying the words to me to teach me how to talk and I went to a special pre school for kids with development delays and my other took classes so she would learn how to be a better parent with me and teach me things because I was different than a normal child and things that worked for a normal child didn't work with me. She also had to learn how to be visual because I was a visual person. She and my dad had to be very careful how they taught me things because I'd learn the wrong thing such as the time when I thought if you wanted something someone has, it was okay to grab them and hurt them so they will give you what they had in theit hand. My mother only showed me why my little brother was grabbing onto my shirt because I had his rubber bat in my hand and I wouldn't give it to him and he wasn't in trouble for what he did to me so I learned the wrong thing. My parents always knew I had something besides my speech delay but they didn't know what and they knew ADD wasn't the main thing about me and there was something else. The treatment I was getting for it wasn't working and my mother finally took me to a psychologist when I was 11 to find out what I had and she had a list of ten possbilities and it took her a year to figure out what I had. She knew I wasn't crazy and the more she saw me, and the more we talked and the more my parents talked to her about my childhood and the current problems I was having, the list got narrower and she suspected Aspergers and told my Mom that's what I had and she said she wanted a psyhciatrist to look it over so she recommended one and she took me to see him. I can remember they both talked everytime we saw him and I can remember him looking at the tests me, my mother and my teachers took and he would stare at them. I don't remember the day being diagnosed because it was a depressing year for me and I blocked lot of it out.
My parents spoiled us kids with love and fun. They took us to places, went on lot of trips, played games with us, cooked, while there were other kids in the neighborhood who were allowed to bully other kids and they got whatever they wanted, stuff but they never went anywhere because their parents never took them to places and mine did so we were the lucky ones.
My mother also treated my brothers the same she treated me so I wouldn't feel bad thinking there was something wrong with me. She also did visual things with them and she also had my brothers do the same activities I did that was therapy like me taking gymnastics. She made things fun for me so I woulnd't feel I was broken or something. I can remember when she found out I needed occupational therapy because of my dyspraxia and sensory ingretion dysfunction so she struggled looking for a therpist that did my age group but most of them worked with kids up to the third grade and I was in sixth grade then. Then one day, our neighbor across the street knew someone here in Portland who worked with kids in my age range so she recommended her and my mother took me to see her. She held OT in her house and she made things fun so kids wouldn't feel they were abnormal. She had mind games and art activities and she knew how what activities to give her patients to help them improve. It got rid of lot of my sensory issues. I used to hate jeans and I didn't like being hugged and I hated light touch. I used to have poor balance and now it's good but not as quite compare to an NT but good for an aspie or PDD-NOS whaterver you want to call me. Sure I was bullied and taken advantage of and I can remember my parents telling me when i was 6 my friend was using me and I couldn't understand the word 'use.'
I know, kind of long but I could go on but I want to make it short like everyone else. Yes my parents are still together and happily married but my Dad sometimes jokes about he should divorce his wife and marry another pretty young woman who is thin and can have kids so he can have more. My Mom says he is such a jerk.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 04:02:44 AM »
It sucked, but I'm drunk,
and everything sucks, in comparisom/

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 04:51:27 PM »
Well, my father was the better parent, but he did neglect me in childhood. He's where I got the few brains that I do have and my philosophical outlook on life. He was religious, but in a very intelectual sense. Ask him any question about the bible or Christian factions, he knows the answer. He has 2 Masters degrees. One in math, the other in computer science. As brainy and nerdy as he is, I don't think he's AS. He has OK social skills.
 My mother is a different story. She was affectionate to the point of smothering people. She treated me like a pet and I hated it. She's most likely AS (droopy eyelids and poor social skills) along with Borderline personality disorder and Munchausen's disease/severe hypocondria. She's best described as a self-destructive fool. She's also coincedentaly, the Puritan/ Religious Fundamentalst one.

Anyways, I could write a book on this and I'm on lunch break at work now... gota go .....

did your mother live in a soap opera word?
what i mean is: if there wasn't any conflict/drama she created it.

Yes. she was always sabatoging her own life so that she could manipulate others into fixing it for her. Classic Borderline.

My dad used to say of her; "Every chapter of her life could be subtitled "Oh poor Claudia""

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
One more thing, school. Starting kindergarten in California was OK. I had some problems here and there but no worse than some other kids.
 When we moved in '79 to Nebraska, that was a whole other story. I barely set foot on the playground on the first day of school before I was jumped by kids for wearing Levis Jeans. (Levis were from San Francisco and on FAGGITS came from San Francisco)   ::)       ::)       ::)  That was my introduction to midwestern redneck culture. I suffered through 5 years of that hell before moving back to Cali in '84.

High School was very cliquish and that's where I first became noticeably socially withdrawn. I found a group of other misfits to hang out with which made it tollerable.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
Born in Missouri, spent 3.5 years in Pakistan, then the rest of my life in Illinios....

Elementary School was weird being in a self-contained kindergarten classroom the second half of the school year (seeing that I was in a british private school in Murree, Pakistan)

The rest of the five years were tolerable... I was annoying calling this one kid a llama.

middle school 6th grade I was in self-contained

7th through 12th I was able to go through other classes....

The rest of my college career (two semesters in TILSOH, or I mean.... SAIL)

Now I have 7 credits left to my associates.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2014, 03:15:31 AM »
Why did you spend 3.5 years in Pakistan?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2014, 04:20:02 AM »
I had a great childhood. Living in the last house of the village, in the middle of woods provided a great place to be outside. Plenty of books inside made life pleasant too. And two loving parents who saw every kid as an individual, without using standards of how they should be, as long as they tried their best. Dad took us with him on long field working days if he could. Those were great days.

Our house was open for others, but there was always a place to be on your own too. Two of my brothers are capable of having many friends. They could bring the whole bulk of them home, without my parents stressing or what. Funny, they both were not people to have plenty folk around them. But they dealt awesome with invasions.

Secondary school sucked for a few years. But, I did get a few quirky friends there. So, it was not all bad. Stayed a lot with a friend with unconventional kind and brainy parents. That expanded my view on life.

Of course I had tiffs with parents, fights with brothers, and bullying experiences at school. But, home was safe, loving and encouraging. It was good. So, my childhood was great.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Hannah

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »
it was actually fun from what I can remember  :asthing:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »

My parents were missionaries.

Offline Kanesyth

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »
I can't remember much of it, and from the looks of it, I probably wouldn't want to.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds, yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted / Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I find genius / Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »

What insane religion sends missionaries with their kids to a place like that?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »

What insane religion sends missionaries with their kids to a place like that?

I told you guys. God's mum dropped him as a child.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein