Author Topic: how was your childhood?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: how was your childhood?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 03:09:17 PM »
When was my childhood?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »
When was my childhood?
the time before you grew pubic hair.

is that a decent enough measuring stick for you?
Misunderstood.

richard

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 05:47:54 PM »
My childhood was reasonably good, I think.  My mother was the better parent, IMO.  She had a lot more patience than my dad.  My parents were together until my mother died, then my dad went on living in the house they bought together when I was a baby.  He could not cope with living alone and now he lives in a nursing home.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 05:52:04 PM »
Mine seemed like it should have been fine. My folk's argued a lot (staying together for my sake basically). As soon as I started having loverelationships, I couldn't understand how they could ever have gotten together - AFAIK it was just for the sex. My father always seemed like he had a tremendous temper, and was about to go violent at any time, but I don't think that he really was - I inherited what I thought  he was though. They're both alchies though. Still, I had an absolutely miserable childhood. But, I guess it is just in my nature to be miserable.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 11:43:21 PM »
Erratic. Probable aspie/borderline mother, businessman father... lots of nice swings, on my mother's part, between possessing us, controlling us, raging at us, loving us, ignoring us(me in particular).

Teejay

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 01:37:03 AM »
Okay I guess, although my mother was emotionally neglectful of me and my sister and had her moments, including one time after my dad and his ex wife tried to visit us, she took us with her upstate for a few months.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 02:09:35 AM »
Okay I guess, although my mother was emotionally neglectful of me and my sister and had her moments, including one time after my dad and his ex wife tried to visit us, she took us with her upstate for a few months.

A New Yorker?

Teejay

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 02:13:40 AM »
Oh no, I grew up in Tasmania, Australia

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
  • babbling randomly in a reality near you
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 11:39:38 AM »
I wish I really new what my childhood was like for me. Its all a blank the few things I do rember are stories I am told by other people dose not really add up to a clear picture. Some times I rember scraps they are quickly stuffed back dawn tho. but I could hazard a guess at horrible.

Oh no, I grew up in Tasmania, Australia

oh a tiger boy u still in Tasmania? where?
I have never understood why it should be necessity to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or indeed why it should be necessity to prove it at all - Avon

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 11:40:51 AM »
hell.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Scrapheap

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 01:33:15 PM »
 Well, my father was the better parent, but he did neglect me in childhood. He's where I got the few brains that I do have and my philosophical outlook on life. He was religious, but in a very intelectual sense. Ask him any question about the bible or Christian factions, he knows the answer. He has 2 Masters degrees. One in math, the other in computer science. As brainy and nerdy as he is, I don't think he's AS. He has OK social skills.
 My mother is a different story. She was affectionate to the point of smothering people. She treated me like a pet and I hated it. She's most likely AS (droopy eyelids and poor social skills) along with Borderline personality disorder and Munchausen's disease/severe hypocondria. She's best described as a self-destructive fool. She's also coincedentaly, the Puritan/ Religious Fundamentalst one.

Anyways, I could write a book on this and I'm on lunch break at work now... gota go .....

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »

My mother is a different story. She was affectionate to the point of smothering people. She treated me like a pet and I hated it. She's most likely AS (droopy eyelids and poor social skills) along with Borderline personality disorder and Munchausen's disease/severe hypocondria. She's best described as a self-destructive fool. She's also coincedentaly, the Puritan/ Religious Fundamentalst one.

Anyways, I could write a book on this and I'm on lunch break at work now... gota go .....

Later, after work, I want to know if your mother hurt you when you were little so she could get attention from doctors and nurses.  Or does she just hurt herself?

My dad was the smarter parent and I take after him more than I want to.  My mother had the better social skills, by far.  My dad got annoyed with the photographer at my wedding and rode a motorcycle home while wearing a suit, but at least he "gave me away" first.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »
Well, my father was the better parent, but he did neglect me in childhood. He's where I got the few brains that I do have and my philosophical outlook on life. He was religious, but in a very intelectual sense. Ask him any question about the bible or Christian factions, he knows the answer. He has 2 Masters degrees. One in math, the other in computer science. As brainy and nerdy as he is, I don't think he's AS. He has OK social skills.

did your mother live in a soap opera word?
what i mean is: if there wasn't any conflict/drama she created it.

your mom sounds a hell of alot like my mom.  unfortunately, i took on the need for drama that was influenced from my mom.
Misunderstood.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »
Later, after work, I want to know if your mother hurt you when you were little so she could get attention from doctors and nurses. 
Isn't that Munchausen's by proxy? I read a book about it but I forget it all(sigh).

My parents split up when I was nine/ten. My dad was abusive so my mum left us. Then when he got with his girlfriend and started neglecting two of us (there are four of us, two older than me and my twin, all sisters), me and my second oldest sister (the reason for this being my sister was/is rebellious my nature and I just don't understand brainwashing except the electrical kind) so my mum came and got us in the middle of the night when it was just the two us at home. She also got the microwave but that is another story.

I grew up mostly without my twin sister. A lot of people think this is tragic but I didn't feel close to anyone as a kid. We are getting to know and like each other now, though.

I went to seven different schools. That completely sucked. I don't have any friends from that time in my life. I was bullied and teased everywhere I went. Now I don't care if I am called a retard or whatever. It's like, "Is that the best you can do?"

I wish, time and time again, that I could go back to my school days and redo them with the knowledge I have now. Don't most people?
Either that or have the talent to be able to turn into a bird (a pelican or something of similar size) and shit on the heads of those that annoyed me. Over and over again.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae