Educational

Author Topic: R.I.P. Eric Medlen  (Read 648 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: R.I.P. Eric Medlen
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 02:07:50 PM »
I find it utterly pretentious to offer condolences towards someone you have no connection with -- especially if it's a dead person.

Why?  You can't feel sorry that someone has lost their friend or loved one?

I don't know how John Medlen felt losing his child, but I know how devastated I felt when I lost my daughter and my mother and I assume that he feels something similar but probably worse, given how it happened.

Scrapheap worked with Eric, and Eric's dad, John Medlen, is his boss.  Attending his funeral and offering condolences is not pretentious.  I think it will make the family feel better to know that the people who attend the funeral cared about Eric.

What I meant was that I, myself, don't like to offer sympathies towards deceased people I don't know through some internet forum. I leave that to the people who actually knew them and cared about them -- like Scrap.

how pea discribed is kinda how i feel.
even in real life i wonder how much sympathy i would have. i have never had anyone close to me die, who wasn't already very elderly.

REALLY?

That's hard impossible for me to even imagine.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: R.I.P. Eric Medlen
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »
three grandparents.
that is it.
Misunderstood.