Educational

Author Topic: Do YOU do the unthinkable?  (Read 653 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Do YOU do the unthinkable?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 08:09:52 PM »
in short, NO!

i usually drive about 75 in my daily life.

on a road trip, i like to average about 90.
Misunderstood.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 08:35:39 PM »
The Mass Pike isn't too bad or curvy.  But, thats where I get a lot of truck passing me when I'm doing 75. :o

However my experience with the Mass Pike was that it was crawling with Massachusetts State Police whenever I drove on it.

For the record though, When I was driving, I would keep the Cruise Control set about 2-3 MPH above the speed limit on the highway, but follow the speedlimits rigorously for intown driving. There was the occasion that I made it from downtown Columbia, SC, back home to downtown Charlotte, NC in exactly one hour. The only time I did the speed limit on that trip was hear the Chester/Ft. Lawn SC Exit where I knew State troopers liked to hang out underneath the overpass. --Sure enough two of them were there.

I averaged 90 MPH on that trip. I must also state for the record that I have never broken the triple digit barrier, though I have been quite close on occaision.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26:28 AM »
just make sure that when you are using the cruise control function at 2-3 MPH over the speed limit that you stay all the way over in the right lanes.
thank you very much.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 05:54:04 AM »
I remember a trip St. George UT to Salt Lake City this guy and I drove in a excess of 100 mph. :eyebrows:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 07:51:55 AM »
Yesterday I had to drive in thick snow and freezing rain in the dark both on the highways and later on poorly plowed roads.  I don't think I hit the speed limit once- and nobody was beeping or anything.  The driving conditions were HORRIBLE.  :o
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Litigious

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 09:27:27 AM »
Sounds very much like here when it snows. The thing is, this is a semi-arctic country, so snow is to be expected every fucking year, but both authorities and drivers seem always amazingly surprised each time.  ::)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »
Yesterday I had to drive in thick snow and freezing rain in the dark both on the highways and later on poorly plowed roads.  I don't think I hit the speed limit once- and nobody was beeping or anything.  The driving conditions were HORRIBLE.  :o

Yes, you all have been having horrible weather the past few days.  My husband left Boston on Saturday morning, right after it started, and he was lucky because his flight was one of the few that made it out that morning.

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »
Do You ...drive the speed limit?

These people should be shot for what they did.  :grrr: :evillaugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 01:23:35 PM »
I usually violate the speed limit (as very well known). On an "ordinary" road I usually violate it with about 10 kmph/6mph; on a motorway I violate it with between 10 kmph-30 kmph. Over 30 kmph, they will revoke the license for at least two months and fine me severely; over $500 since October 1th last year (I was lucky to be fined in September, after all). My worst violation of the speed limit was last summer, when I recently had bought my Volvo 850. I drove 200 kmph/125 mph on the motorway, where it's 110 kmph/70 mph.  :angel:

Good lord Lit !!! You can't control yourself with an inline 5 cylinder. What are you going to do if you move to America and get behind the wheel of a 60's muscle car with a 7.0L V-8 ??  :o :o :o

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 05:52:07 PM »
I usually violate the speed limit (as very well known). On an "ordinary" road I usually violate it with about 10 kmph/6mph; on a motorway I violate it with between 10 kmph-30 kmph. Over 30 kmph, they will revoke the license for at least two months and fine me severely; over $500 since October 1th last year (I was lucky to be fined in September, after all). My worst violation of the speed limit was last summer, when I recently had bought my Volvo 850. I drove 200 kmph/125 mph on the motorway, where it's 110 kmph/70 mph.  :angel:

Good lord Lit !!! You can't control yourself with an inline 5 cylinder. What are you going to do if you move to America and get behind the wheel of a 60's muscle car with a 7.0L V-8 ??  :o :o :o

my guess is that he would leave tire marks wherever he went.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »
Goodrear tires, where the rubber meets the...............

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 10:15:02 PM »
The speed limit is actually one thing that many people in Sweden really don't respect at all. People actually often give each other signals with the head lights, so that you know there's a speed control on the road.  8)
People do that here in Australia as well.
I don't do it, the lights on my car are pop-ups, they are too slow to turn on and have people notice them.

If I'm following some cars and they all suddenly slam on the brakes one by one, there's usually a camera ahead.

BTW, I try not to speed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 07:37:27 AM »
The speed limit is actually one thing that many people in Sweden really don't respect at all. People actually often give each other signals with the head lights, so that you know there's a speed control on the road.  8)
People do that here in Australia as well.

Here as well, though you can get in shit for doing it so I usually don't.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 07:48:06 AM »
I loooooooooooove to drive & rarely drive the speed limit, I’m always speeding…..just feels right. The speed limits are set at a mind numbing pace. Always 10 over on the interstates. Fastest I've ever piloted a car was 150mph, that was 85 over the speed limit  :angel:

Yesterday I towed my bike to Columbus, Oh which is the nearest  dealer to me for service (with the exception of Louisville, but I won’t do business with them)
I’ve heard the cops are bad in Ohio,… didn’t think much of it.
On the why up through Kentucky, the whole interstate is doing 75-80 through construction zones marked at 55mph….clearly blatant disregard.

As soon as I cross into Cincinnati, all the traffic drops to 55-60 immediately and stays there. No speeding,…. no one. Very unusual to me. I’m sticking out like a sore thumb so I slow down and begrudgingly join the herd at the mind numbing pace of 60.  :grrr: I get out the city and on I-71 to Columbus. All the trucks are lined up in the right lane, all going 55-60. The left lane is clear of most traffic……it was all very surreal for a while…kinda reminded me of 1984.  No one passed me the whole trip up there. The cops must really mean business in Ohio because I’ve never seen such organized and controlled traffic in my life.  :police:

On the way back as soon I get into Kentucky, everything sped back up to 75-90…..cruised at 95 for a while with another pack of speeders. >:D

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 10:58:32 AM »
As soon as I cross into Cincinnati, all the traffic drops to 55-60 immediately and stays there. No speeding,…. no one. Very unusual to me. I’m sticking out like a sore thumb so I slow down and begrudgingly join the herd at the mind numbing pace of 60.  :grrr: I get out the city and on I-71 to Columbus. All the trucks are lined up in the right lane, all going 55-60. The left lane is clear of most traffic……it was all very surreal for a while…kinda reminded me of 1984.  No one passed me the whole trip up there. The cops must really mean business in Ohio because I’ve never seen such organized and controlled traffic in my life.  :police:

It was kind of like that when we drove through Oklahoma too.  The speed limit signs had "No Tolerance" and nobody drove faster than the speed limit.