Author Topic: News from Indiana  (Read 312 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
News from Indiana
« on: March 10, 2007, 06:29:22 AM »
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- The superintendent of Warren Township schools in Indiana will talk to parents next week about allegations that two students had sex in a middle-school class while a teacher was in the room, a spokeswoman said Friday.

Parents and students told the news media, and Associate School Superintendent Dr. Jeff Swennson confirmed this month that two sixth-graders had sex in a class at Raymond Park Middle School in November. The district acknowledged in a statement Thursday that the students "were involved in inappropriate conduct in a lab class last semester" and added that it investigated and took "appropriate action."

On Friday, a spokeswoman said the superintendent would speak about the matter at Tuesday's regularly scheduled parent-teacher-student association meeting at 6 p.m. at the middle school.

Attendees will be able to ask questions, according to the spokeswoman, Myra Borshoff.

Parents of students in the district said they are upset that the school system hasn't revealed how the students were disciplined or whether the teacher was reprimanded.

The scandal broke after an Indianapolis TV news station released an investigative report alleging the incident occurred. Swennson then confirmed that the district had knowledge of the alleged incident, saying it happened almost four months ago in an industrial arts lab with the teacher present.

Swennson said another child acted as a "lookout," disputing an insider’s claim that as many as 13 children may have witnessed the act.

Parents, community members and national talk show host Bill O'Reilly questioned why the school didn't notify parents or acknowledge the situation publicly until now.

"I think that's really bad," concerned parent Julie Nance said. "The teacher was in the room. Where was he? How could kids get by with the teacher there? For the school district to hide it like they did is just wrong."

"I'm not sure that the appropriate discipline was taken," Nance said. "They shouldn't have tried to hide it. If things like that are going on in my child's school, I want to know about it."
Misunderstood.

Litigious

Re: News from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 06:36:20 AM »
There was a guy and a girl fucking on a desk in my mother's class in the late 50's or early 60's, while the teacher was showing a film and the class room was dark. I don't know what happened to them, though.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 06:50:02 AM »
what grade was your mom in?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 06:55:18 AM »

I think the grades are different here, but she was probably 15 or 16 years old.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 07:02:56 AM »

sixth graders are 11.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 07:07:43 AM »

sixth graders are 11.

Ok, that's a little extreme. I know that some girls and guys fucked in my school when they were just 9 or 10, though...but that's Sweden, and it never came to any teacher's attention.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 07:41:36 AM »
i only became interested in boobs when i was in the 7th grade.
i didn't even consider the vagina until i was in the 9th.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 07:55:53 AM »
I was interested in girls from the age of 8, actually, though I wasn't sexually mature before I was 13. I lost my virginity at the age of 22, though.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
A parent here once told Me that girls where getting pregnant at age 9 and 10 in Rapid City. :o
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
I went to school with two eighth graders who got pregnant.  I think they were both fourteen.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »
i am interested that the incident happened several months ago and is only now coming to light.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 03:17:35 PM »
This runs into our other "age of consent" discussion, but this didn't happen in a cultural vaccuum, so we don't have to generalize to kids worldwide.  Even if you'd argue that in other cultures, 11-year-olds can be mature enough to handle sex, I can't see arguing that it's typically the case with 11-year-olds in the U.S.  (Especially since a lot of the world thinks 99% of us are too immature to have kids, give or take 1%).

EDIT:  Does anyone know if this was sexual intercourse or oral sex?  The reason I want to know is it's easier for me to believe that the teacher would have not seen oral sex than actual intercourse.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:21:53 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Scrapheap

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »
EDIT:  Does anyone know if this was sexual intercourse or oral sex?  The reason I want to know is it's easier for me to believe that the teacher would have not seen oral sex than actual intercourse.

It would be harder to see if they were doing it doggy style.  :eyebrows: :bananas: