Author Topic: Interesting Topic P Brought Up  (Read 2770 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Interesting Topic P Brought Up
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »
Guests, guests and more guests. :p

"Hurhur, Peegai is a twat-i-o, olos."
did HG break your heart on a saturday?

are all saturdays tough days for you now?
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »

Eh, I'm just ranting. It's the only way I can get it out of my system.

Honest. :p

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2007, 12:14:19 PM »

ok.

hey did you have class all week this last wee?

how is the catering course going for you?
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2007, 12:16:40 PM »

ok.

Just a Tuesday unfortunately.

It went alright. Am currently looking for some part-time work to fill in them gaps.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2007, 12:18:07 PM »

ok.

It went alright. Am currently looking for some part-time work to fill in them gaps.
maybe something in the restaurant business?
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2007, 12:19:14 PM »

ok.

maybe something in the restaurant business?

I'm a loveable retard, so maybe Ol' Gord will take a liking to me.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »
don't forget to put your 8 incher in your resume.
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »
HG sent me a reply last weekend over the email I sent her last Wed after getting home from voluntary work, which was to do with the fact that I cut her off over this friendship business, as you may all know about it. Basically, she said that I overreacted a bit, but she did apologise for not explaining her friendship hierarchy properly, which I did not expect.

After reading the entire reply, it made me think twice about moving on from her (I ain't quitting a friendship because of one misunderstanding), so I sent her another email suggesting that we should keep in contact, but mostly through emails and occasional IM'ing, so that there will be less chance of us falling out with each other again. She's busy on an important case, so I'm going have to wait a bit for a response on this, which I don't mind. If she doesn't, then that's alright -- I got other friends to focus my attentions on.

Thanks for being there when I needed it though, Mel -- I owe ya one. :)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:41:28 AM by thepeaguy's fan »

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
I'm glad that HG had the humility to apologise, which is more than I can say for some people. Just make sure you keep her at arms length and don't get sucked in again. Concentrate more on making friends locally, in real life. I personally dislike HG, but that opinion was only formed from my experiences with her online. You know her differently, and I'm glad that you and her are on speaking terms again.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2007, 10:53:10 AM »
I'm glad that HG had the humility to apologise, which is more than I can say for some people. Just make sure you keep her at arms length and don't get sucked in again. Concentrate more on making friends locally, in real life. I personally dislike HG, but that opinion was only formed from my experiences with her online. You know her differently, and I'm glad that you and her are on speaking terms again.

Emma never apologized for lying to you for all that time about Ascan, even after I posted that truth thread?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »
We must remember this: Truth is in the eye of the Beholder.
Guardian of the Empire

The_P

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2007, 11:00:13 AM »

It's not like I haven't tried, Robert. I've been to a few social groups, etc, but it just doesn't work out for me because I hardly have anything in common with them. It just means that I'll have to bend over backwards in order to fit in, which I no longer want to do. I want to be surrounded by people who have similar interests to mine and who will accept me for who I am, and not people who will only like you if you apply to their standards.

Unfortunately, I can only find people like that online. If I had better experiences in real-life, I wouldn't resort to making online friendships so much. It's alright for people to suggest that making online friends is a no-no because they're rather lucky to have the friends they got in real life. Very lucky, indeed.

But saying that, I think that Robert is right about keeping your distance from HG.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:19:21 PM by The_P »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
We must remember this: Truth is in the eye of the Beholder.

I disagree.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there are objective truths. 

I don't care how many beholders you have, you can't vote on the sex of a kitten.  It is what it is.

Emma was lying to RobertN.  She may say that her motive for lying was a good one, and we can debate that, but not the fact that she lied to him over a long period of time.

ozymandias

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »

It's not like I haven't tried, Robert. I've been to a few social groups, etc, but it just doesn't work out for me because I hardly have anything in common with them. It just means that I'll have to bend over backwards in order to fit in, which I no longer want to do. I want to be surrounded by people who have similar interests to mine and who will accept me for who I am, and not people who will only like you if you apply to their standards.

Unfortunately, I can only find people like that online. If I had better experiences in real-life, I wouldn't resort to making online friendships so much. It's alright for people to suggest that making online friends is a no-no because they're rather lucky to have the friends they got in real life. Very lucky, indeed.

As much as hate to admit it, most of my friends are online.  Most of My friends IRL are far away and scattered all over the country.  I have people in the town that I'm on friendly terms with and a couple of neighborhood friends that I chat with from time to time and swap favors, house watching, babysitting the dog, helping with yard chores.  The people on Fractalus and a couple on AI and of course here, like Callaway, PI, Odeon, Dunc, etc,.

Most times IRL, I am misunderstood or I do the misunderstanding, so not too many around here.  I'm glad your keeping a degree of friendship with HG as a possibility.  Your friendship will either be stronger or slowly fade away as time goes on.  That is also a fact, many a friend from college has faded away for me.  Priorities, responsibilities change, it's just a harsh fact.  Social groups are ok, but, the one I have been invited to is mostly composed of younger aspies, only one of them I know personally.  She was an aspie from aspergia who lived nearby here in Maine.  She's only 21, nice girl, in fact she contacted me, not I her.  She's just someone who loves to be social.  We've even had her as a houseguest a couple of times.

Maybe one of these days I'll pop by into the social group, just to see what it's all about.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »
But Callaway, what is is done and can not be undone.

We are the Beholders ourselves to the truth or even the deceptions (lies).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:06:49 PM by kevv729 »
Guardian of the Empire