Educational

Author Topic: How Aspie is your Fridge?  (Read 489 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How Aspie is your Fridge?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 06:02:05 PM »
i :heart: u!

u d00?  i <3s u 2!  Huggxorz!
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »
I currently share my fridge with 3 other people, and it's not organized at all. It's also smaller than PMS Elle's fridge.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 08:04:33 PM »
Our fridge is not a static item, it is an event, a proceding, concurrently occurring, now, as we speak, presently, that is, whose outcome is yet to be revealed. It sort of resembles my desk actually. It was organized a couple of days ago, but  constant activity has left behind clutter, making the patterns of organization less obvious. But, our pantry is an OCD daydream. There are canned goods organized by frequency of use, boxed goods, like crackers, flavored rice mixes (Zatarains!) and Mac-n-cheese separately shelved with all labels facing properly forward, organized by age since aquisition, pasta organized by frequency of use, one shelf of dry goods, like sugar, salt, various flours and corn meals, but they are organized by size/quantity remaining.

No, it's not all the same things, but it is always the same exact thing of each type that replaces the old supply. Did I mention I do the cooking and that I actually cook, when I'm doing the cooking?

Cabinet shelves are not well organized when you look at them, but as you work in our kitchen, you will notice that I have the cabinet shelves organized into little kits. One door looks particularly unsorted, but it is a cake kit, containing a large mixing bowl, a small bowl for the oils, a flat cake pan and a matching lid, an additional pair of round cake pans, plus a large muffin pan, a bundt style cakepan and a sealing poly cover for a round cake. It just doesn't look like any planning went into it at first. Then there's the meat service and "dealing with leftovers" door - lots of lids and bowls, two decent platters, a gravy boat, two large serving forks and several spoons. The table setup door is very organized looking, at first, with all the utensils shining back at you, but it also contains a mix of "fast" breakfast stuff, dessert bowls, snack service things, kid's unbreakable stuff, like straws, plastic plates and drinking cups, and my molcajete also lives under that utensil shelf.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:46:27 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.