Educational

Author Topic: Weird Ability  (Read 214 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Weird Ability
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:22:11 PM »
I have no idea why, but myself and all of my immediate family members have the ability to make people forget about us. Not just ignore us, but completely forget that we're even in the room. It usually doesn't bother me because I have eavesdropped on some interesting conversations before, but it can be annoying when it happens at restaurants. We get a shit load of free appetizers and credits, but it bothers me because I can never figure out why. It doesn't matter if it's quiet, loud, slow, busy, if we blend in, or if we stick out. It always happens. The Pizza Hut manager was surprised when our order got forgotten about last night, and we were so calm. It made her feel bad when we explained to her that this always happens.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Weird Ability
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »
That's really interesting.  I wonder why they forget you.  If I am somewhere with my daughter, that never happens.  She is very memorable.

The_P

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:30:51 PM »
I have no idea why, but myself and all of my immediate family members have the ability to make people forget about us. Not just ignore us, but completely forget that we're even in the room. It usually doesn't bother me because I have eavesdropped on some interesting conversations before, but it can be annoying when it happens at restaurants. We get a shit load of free appetizers and credits, but it bothers me because I can never figure out why. It doesn't matter if it's quiet, loud, slow, busy, if we blend in, or if we stick out. It always happens. The Pizza Hut manager was surprised when our order got forgotten about last night, and we were so calm. It made her feel bad when we explained to her that this always happens.

Maybe it's run by white supremists?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »
It's pretty intermingled down here in Georgia, and I rarely run into rude people let alone racists in restaurants(that I know of).
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

The_P

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »
It's pretty intermingled down here in Georgia, and I rarely run into rude people let alone racists in restaurants(that I know of).

Cool.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 03:09:42 PM »
That's really weird.  I have to wonder if you guys are just generally very nice, quiet and passive, which would put you low on the priorities of people who are serving you at the same time as loud, bossy people.  Other than that, no idea what could cause it.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »
That's really weird.  I have to wonder if you guys are just generally very nice, quiet and passive, which would put you low on the priorities of people who are serving you at the same time as loud, bossy people.  Other than that, no idea what could cause it.

It varies between my family members. They can be loud, quiet, passive, and my mom and I are the only ones people normally call nice. I think only close friends and family would ever call my brother and dad nice.