Educational

Author Topic: Shit, This is Starting to Hurt!  (Read 710 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Shit, This is Starting to Hurt!
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:32:50 AM »
I got out of the hospital today, and the morphine and all the other crap is starting to wear off. Morphine is not as fun as I thought it would be. Once I came out of it I started throwing up. Mostly spit since I didn't eat anything the day before surgery and then dry heaving. The bed was nice. It must have been one of those memory beds because it would adjust itself to the postion I had been lying down in. I can't say much about the food since they mostly stuffed liquids down my throat. I look like Wesley from Angel after he got his throat slit. The line on my neck should disappear into a thin line after it's healed.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

ozymandias

Re: Shit, This is Starting to Hurt!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:48:08 AM »
Nausea can be one of the side effects coming out of anesthesia.  If it continues, ask your doctor for a strong anti nausea med. 

Hope you feel better!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »

I'm totally out of your loop and I have no idea what happened, but I still empathize.

You had surgery on your neck?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

I'm totally out of your loop and I have no idea what happened, but I still empathize.

Yeah I had the right lobe of my thyroid taken out.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

ozymandias

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 12:16:57 PM »
My sister in law had her thyroid removed a few years ago as a result of cancer.  She's doing fine now! 8)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 12:38:48 PM »

Oh jesus, don't you need those things?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 12:48:22 PM »

I got the other half that seems to be working.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 01:45:44 PM »

That is good. Hope You better soon.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 02:54:11 PM »

That is good. Hope You better soon.

My mom is stopping by the pharmacy to pick up my pain meds, so I'll be feeling a hell of a lot better later on.

The_P

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »
Thought this thread was about anal sex until I read some of it.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 03:00:03 PM »
I'm glad you came through the surgery OK and I hope you feel better soon.  Like Ozymandias said, they have medicine that can stop the vomiting and it works well.  One of these medicines is called Zofran.  I took it and it worked great for me.  Here is a link if you want to see more information about it:

http://www.zofran.com/

You are right about the neck scar.  It will be a tiny thin line after it heals.  My mom had to have her thyroid removed because of cancer and her scar was hardly noticeable after it healed completely.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »
You would. ::)
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 03:05:31 PM »
I'm glad you came through the surgery OK and I hope you feel better soon.  Like Ozymandias said, they have medicine that can stop the vomiting and it works well.  One of these medicines is called Zofran.  I took it and it worked great for me.  Here is a link if you want to see more information about it:

http://www.zofran.com/

You are right about the neck scar.  It will be a tiny thin line after it heals.  My mom had to have her thyroid removed because of cancer and her scar was hardly noticeable after it healed completely.

They gave me something like that at the hospital, but it took a while to kick in. I haven't vomited since last night, so I think I'm in the clear. Now I just have to stop myself from touching it.

Were you with your mom when she had her thyroid removed?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 03:06:23 PM »

I saw Litigous checking out this thread earlier, so I wonder if he thought the same thing.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »

They gave me something like that at the hospital, but it took a while to kick in. I haven't vomited since last night, so I think I'm in the clear. Now I just have to stop myself from touching it.

Were you with your mom when she had her thyroid removed?

No, I was not with her when she actually had the surgery, but I stayed with her during her whole recovery.  

Don't you have a dressing on your incision?