Author Topic: Shit, This is Starting to Hurt!  (Read 708 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Re: Shit, This is Starting to Hurt!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 03:30:40 PM »

They gave me something like that at the hospital, but it took a while to kick in. I haven't vomited since last night, so I think I'm in the clear. Now I just have to stop myself from touching it.

Were you with your mom when she had her thyroid removed?

No, I was not with her when she actually had the surgery, but I stayed with her during her whole recovery.  

Don't you have a dressing on your incision?

No, it's some kind of tape that will come off by itself in a week.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 05:16:19 PM »
I hope you feel better, soon. Good luck with the meds.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 06:12:22 PM »
Hopefully you'll feel better in a few days- my brother had that op and although he felt rough for a few days he was back on his feet pretty quickly.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 07:17:39 PM »
Been there, though not with that specific surgery. I had an anguinal hernia. I was out and walking about, albeit quite slowly four days later. --If you were proscribed opiate painkillers, I suppose you know that you have a ten day window of usage before you begin to develop a physical addiction to them. --If you were not told this, you have now been warned. --I was off the opiates in 5 days, pain be damned.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 08:32:37 PM »
Been there, though not with that specific surgery. I had an anguinal hernia. I was out and walking about, albeit quite slowly four days later. --If you were proscribed opiate painkillers, I suppose you know that you have a ten day window of usage before you begin to develop a physical addiction to them. --If you were not told this, you have now been warned. --I was off the opiates in 5 days, pain be damned.

I don't know what it's classified as but the drug is called meprozine. What's an aguinal hernia?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »
s-pol, you have made over 1000 posts.
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 08:36:20 PM »

Seriously or are you screwing around with the post count? Damn my horrible memory.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 08:37:01 PM »
http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/PrintablePages/Monograph/0,7765,550810|Meprozine|,00.html

Looks like a pretty strong pain medication combined with an anti-nausea medication.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 08:38:40 PM »

Seriously or are you screwing around with the post count? Damn my horrible memory.

Seriously.  You have 68 pages of posts, 1007 of them right now.

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »

I don't know what it's classified as but the drug is called meprozine. What's an aguinal hernia?

It's a hernia in the groin.

Also Meprozine appears to be combination pain killer / anti-nasuea medication. The painkiller used, meperidine is a Narcotic agent.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:06:49 PM by ASpHole »

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 09:11:40 PM »
http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/PrintablePages/Monograph/0,7765,550810|Meprozine|,00.html

Looks like a pretty strong pain medication combined with an anti-nausea medication.

Yeah, it's pretty strong. As soon as I took it it felt like I was going to pass out. At least it's not making me throw up.

Seriously.  You have 68 pages of posts, 1007 of them right now.

Wow, I never even noticed.

Also Meprozine appears to be combination pain killer / anti-nasuea medication. The painkiller used, meperidine is a Narcotic agent.

That sounds absolutely horrid. I hope it wasn't as painful as it sounds.

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »
[quote author=Friar Tuck link=topic=2760.msg117312#msg117312 date=1171509100

[/quote]

That sounds absolutely horrid. I hope it wasn't as painful as it sounds.

[/quote]

Actually it did hurt, as did the bruise that I got last may when I passed out/had some type of seizure in my bathroom last may. With the fall, I stayed out of work for a few days, not having the cash on hand to get it checked out properly by a Doctor. I went to work the next week, still feeling sore, but otherwise doing my duties ( Lumberyard warehouse, loading and unloading wood trim and doors from trucks.) Almost two and a half weeks later, I was carrying two doors when I collapsed in pain. I was taken to the doctor's office where an X-Ray revealed two broken ribs obtained in the fall . --I appear to be quite resistant to persistant pain.