Author Topic: The G.P.C.W.A.E. Booty Call sets sail Aaaaaaaaargh!!  (Read 867 times)

Scrapheap

The G.P.C.W.A.E. Booty Call sets sail Aaaaaaaaargh!!
« on: February 02, 2007, 12:50:24 AM »
Listen up you scallywags!!! The G.P.C.W.A.E. Booty Call is a bout to set sail in serch of plunder and Yer Cap'n is looking for a motley crew to man her!!  :arrr:

We're going to hunt down the H.M.S. Intensitysquared and take her by force of Aaaaaaaarms!  :arrr:

We'll take all the plunder she has!! all her gold, her wenches and her rum!! and then we'll make Admiral Duncvis walk the plank!! :arrr:

If we fail in our mission, we'll just drink a lot of rum and go Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!! all day long.

All sailors who enlist will get: A cutlass, an eye patch, a parrot and a bottle of rum!!!  :arrr:

ALL sign bellow or leave your witnessed maaaaaaaaaark!!  :arrr:

Litigious

Re: The G.P.C.W.A.E. Booty Call sets sail Aaaaaaaaargh!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 02:12:17 AM »
 :o

Graelwyn

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 05:27:59 AM »
I like that new name, and the avatar. Very cool.

Litigious

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 05:31:53 AM »
Scrap has real pirates as ancestors, and so do I, actually.  8)

Graelwyn

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 05:37:25 AM »
That's cool, I recently found out I do actually probably have Welsh ancestry  :green: which might go part of the way to explaining why this Welsh username came into my head so long ago.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 08:07:35 AM »
A distant relative used to build barges on the Thames (why on earth is it pronounced Tems??). I think that is as close to pirating as I get.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Litigious

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 08:12:26 AM »
(why on earth is it pronounced Tems??)

Because English is a weird language. In Swedish most words are pronounced almost exactly as they're spelled. In Finnish literally all words are pronounced like they're spelled.  8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »
Scrap has real pirates as ancestors, and so do I, actually.  8)
must have been all the ancestrial rum that fucked the two of you up.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 10:40:14 AM »
Might be. My grandpa has been a sailor almost all of his life and he drinks a lot of beer, gin, cognac etc. He used to make his own schnapps as well.  :arrr:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 10:41:58 AM »
Might be. My grandpa has been a sailor almost all of his life and he drinks a lot of beer, gin, cognac etc. He used to make his own schnapps as well.  :arrr:

was your ancient grandmother raped?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:48:07 AM »

I don't know, but it's a very weird story. My ancient grandpa was a pirate and my ancient grandma was a captain(!) on a Spanish ship that was captured by Swedish privateers. A privateer was a pirate getting paid by the government for capturing foreign ships and hand them over to the state. It was about 300 years ago. I don't know their names, though, since it's not me that has done the research but a friend of my great grandma's.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 10:51:11 AM »

I don't know, but it's a very weird story. My ancient grandpa was a pirate and my ancient grandma was a captain(!) on a Spanish ship that was captured by Swedish privateers. A privateer was a pirate getting paid by the government for capturing foreign ships and hand them over to the state. It was about 300 years ago. I don't know their names, though, since it's not me that has done the research but a friend of my great grandma's.

so you could have been living in spain today.

are the spaniards as cowardly as the swedes?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 10:57:14 AM »
so you could have been living in spain today.

Si, señor.

Quote from: McJagger
are the spaniards as cowardly as the swedes?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. At least they have a very macho attitude. But the Swedes weren't cowardly 300 years ago, when my ancient grandpa lived. It was one of Europe's great powers from about 1600 to 1700. This is how big Sweden was at its largest extent, 1658. It included all of todays Finland, and Estonia and portions of todays Russia, Latvia, Germany, Denmark and Norway.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »
you guys effed up.

you owned nearly the entire gulf.  how could you have lost that?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 11:24:53 AM »
you guys effed up.

you owned nearly the entire gulf.  how could you have lost that?

Because we were attacked by a coalition between Russia, Denmark-Norway, and Poland-Saxony in 1700. Then our King, Charles XII spent several years trying to defeat all these countries and then stayed several years in Turkey, trying to make the Turks help him against the Russians. When he finally failed doing so, he led an invasion to capture Norway but was shot in the head, probably with a musket ball, on November 30th, 1718. After that Sweden was forced to peace with its neighbours. We lost a lot of provinces to Russia. 90 years later, all of Finland was lost to Russia, when the Russians were allied with Napoleon and Sweden just had to go against both.  :(