Educational

Author Topic: Question renaeden  (Read 19671 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Question renaeden
« Reply #480 on: August 20, 2011, 02:03:47 AM »
Could you teach me how to drive properly like a normal person? I am uncontrollable as a driver ... and in a bad way.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #481 on: August 20, 2011, 10:11:13 PM »
I don't know how I could do that over the internet heh. Is it the actual driving you have difficulties with or is it something like road rage?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #482 on: August 20, 2011, 11:22:20 PM »
I don't know how I could do that over the internet heh. Is it the actual driving you have difficulties with or is it something like road rage?
He's a maniac like Toecutter's friend The Nightrider. MACV wants to go after the Bronze!  :police:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2011, 03:14:34 AM »
lol, PPK. Why Bronze? Let's go for Gold instead.

Driving is easy. And I do like to speed. A lot. But not sure if that's counted as road rage.

The problem is when maeuvering the car to fit into certain narrow spaces and in tricky ways (I am ashamed to say parallel parking is something I really need to train myself on).

Anyway, Toyota Crown vs. your normal typical pickup truck. Who wins in a car clash?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #484 on: August 25, 2011, 04:39:16 AM »
Umm, I can't help you when it comes to parallel parking. I had to do it for my driving test and have done it about twice since. And I got my licence in 1996. When it comes to manoeuvering the car in close quarters I am pretty shit as I don't have any depth perception. So I try to give my car plenty of room wherever I go.

I don't think speeding is like road rage. Speeding is speeding. Toyota Crown vs. pickup? I would go the pickup? I haven't seen a Toyota Crown for a long time so I am guessing a pickup truck is bigger.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #485 on: August 25, 2011, 05:12:16 AM »
I haven't done a reverse parallel park since my P's test either. That test I failed. The second one I passed because they got me to do a three point turn instead (they alternated between reverse park & three point turn when testing people).

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #486 on: August 25, 2011, 05:50:28 AM »
Yes, they test similarly here too, I think. Although when I did my test, I had to do all of them, three point turn, parallel park, reverse around the corner, etc. They also tried to trick me by making me drive through two give way signs and then a stop sign. But my mum warned me right before the test to remember to stop fully at any stop sign. Because that is how she failed getting her licence the first time - by not fully stopping. Thankfully I got my licence on my first try. Don't think I could have gone through the anxiety a second time.

Three point turns are definitely better to do than parallel park. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #487 on: August 25, 2011, 10:58:23 PM »
Yes, they test similarly here too, I think. Although when I did my test, I had to do all of them, three point turn, parallel park, reverse around the corner, etc. They also tried to trick me by making me drive through two give way signs and then a stop sign. But my mum warned me right before the test to remember to stop fully at any stop sign. Because that is how she failed getting her licence the first time - by not fully stopping. Thankfully I got my licence on my first try. Don't think I could have gone through the anxiety a second time.

Three point turns are definitely better to do than parallel park. :)

I wish the test forced me to do all sorts of parking. Would've been useful for me in the long run. And that stupid instructor never taught me the intuition behind the parallel parking bit ... just how to simply do it (in almost the same way I parroted history books back in school without understanding anything).

I still remember the day of the test. Just before the test, the instructor had me do a practice drive just to check if I've learned all the basics of driving well. Then came the part where we had to park in a spot to get ready for the test.

The instructor then realized she never had me practice normal parking before (not kidding) ...

Surprisingly, I passed the test on my first go.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #488 on: August 27, 2011, 01:10:12 AM »
Yeah, about the parking - the licencing centre where I went was really easy to park in. When I first got my licence though, I had trouble at shopping centre carparks so I used to park far away from other cars. I think a lot of stuff is learnt after you get your licence.
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #489 on: January 08, 2012, 12:22:27 AM »
How would you like it if I began answering questions in your ask away thread missy?  :police: :hahaha:

P7PSP

« Reply #490 on: January 08, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »
Have you yearned longingly for more questions to answer?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #491 on: January 08, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »
How would you like it if I began answering questions in your ask away thread missy?  :police: :hahaha:
I elaborated on the American dude question then asked about the avatar, so that was a good question I thought. When Sir Les asked how to upload an avatar I thought just to answer him right there as it was convenient.
Have you yearned longingly for more questions to answer?
Not really, as I do so much TMIing that I am no real mystery to anyone. :D
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #492 on: January 08, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »
Umm, I can't help you when it comes to parallel parking. I had to do it for my driving test and have done it about twice since. And I got my licence in 1996. When it comes to manoeuvering the car in close quarters I am pretty shit as I don't have any depth perception. So I try to give my car plenty of room wherever I go.

I don't think speeding is like road rage. Speeding is speeding. Toyota Crown vs. pickup? I would go the pickup? I haven't seen a Toyota Crown for a long time so I am guessing a pickup truck is bigger.

I found this UK parallel parking video and I wonder if you think it's a good one?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #493 on: January 08, 2012, 01:20:22 AM »
It was ok, but if he took that long in real life and in busy traffic, there would be a few other angry drivers to worry about, heh. Guess he needed to do all that explaining though. I did like the practical tips of how many turns of the steering wheel and what things should look like in the mirrors, etc. He should have chosen a more difficult parallel park to make, imo.
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #494 on: January 08, 2012, 01:22:09 AM »
What is the heaviest lift you have done with a forklift?