Author Topic: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student  (Read 8922 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »
So the argument as to why people should have guns is that other people have guns... ::)

Yes, it sounds paradoxal, but the thing is that guns will never completely go away from this planet. Therefore, decent people should always have the right to have guns, to be able to defend themselves against criminals and power-abusing governments. You see, the criminals and governments will never give up their guns voluntarily. Gun laws just disarm honest and decent people. But you and Odeon don't seem to realize that.

Quote from: QuirkyCarla
The more people that own guns, the more people will get hurt by guns. You said yourself you would have pulled a Columbine if you'd had the means. How productive would that have been? All violence does is spread more hate and pain, and the less violence there is, the better off the world is.

The world would have been a few bullies shorter. That's a good thing in my book. Surely the bullies' parents would feel hate and pain, but did they ever care about my pain, even if they knew about it? No.

And guns aren't ever going to resolve that.

Maybe not, but pacifism certainly won't. The USA didn't become an independent nation by some cowards sitting and talking peacefully to the Brits.

Gun laws make it harder for everyone to get guns, including whack jobs who want to shoot up their schools. Why should bullies be punished by death? The punishment should fit the crime. And why should humans have the right to play God and decide who lives and dies?

I'm not talking about pacifism here. The honest truth is guns aren't doing the US any good, right now. Look at how corrupt it is right now, with Bush and his minions in power.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2007, 05:52:19 PM »
If guns get taken away, more focus will be on some other weapon.  I think non lethal force should be used instead if the need for protection arises, at all times.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Litigious

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2007, 06:01:34 PM »
Gun laws make it harder for everyone to get guns, including whack jobs who want to shoot up their schools.
That's where you're wrong. I tell you again and again that European criminals get guns illegally easier than law abiding people get guns legally. Do you think that I'm simply lying to you or what is it that you don't understand? Yes, the stupidest criminals won't get hold of guns, but for the smarter ones--the really dangerous--it's a piece of cake. Do you find that in order? How can something be easier to get for a criminal that isn't supposed to have it at all than a law abiding person, who at least is allowed to have it on certain conditions, if even restricted? Don't you see a contradiction here? Don't you see that gun laws don't and can't work the way they're supposed to?

Why should bullies be punished by death? The punishment should fit the crime. And why should humans have the right to play God and decide who lives and dies?

The bullies destroy the minds and spirits of their victims, their self esteem, often their whole future. They don't care if their victims are mentally "dead" inside. Why do you pity the evil guys?

I'm not talking about pacifism here. The honest truth is guns aren't doing the US any good, right now. Look at how corrupt it is right now, with Bush and his minions in power.

Ehrm, GWB didn't make up your right to keep and bear arms, your Founding Fathers did.

Litigious

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
If guns get taken away, more focus will be on some other weapon.  I think non lethal force should be used instead if the need for protection arises, at all times.

That would be great, but sometimes non lethal force won't do.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2007, 06:31:45 PM »

That would be great, but sometimes non lethal force won't do.

Excuse me, I am worried about lots of things now, so I mess up. 
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

ozymandias

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2007, 06:39:56 PM »
"Common sense, is not very common.  It is in fact quite rare."  --Voltaire ::)  And you people make about as much sense as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!  Fucking emo's............on both sides!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2007, 07:56:14 PM »
Violence is cowardly, especially when you use a weapon. If people are going to be violent, they should at least use kung fu or something. Even that is cowardly though. The world would be much better off if guns had never existed. Since they do, I think the best we can do is just have stricter gun laws. The screening the US has obviously isn't good enough, since a lot of crazy people and murderers are still passing them and acquiring guns legally. The more guns a country has, the more gun-related deaths. Look at New Zealand. They have what, like 4 deaths a year due to gunshot? That sounds like better protection to me.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2007, 08:06:36 PM »
Ok, and aliens are going to come kick our asses with guns and we
Violence is cowardly, especially when you use a weapon. If people are going to be violent, they should at least use kung fu or something. Even that is cowardly though. The world would be much better off if guns had never existed. Since they do, I think the best we can do is just have stricter gun laws. The screening the US has obviously isn't good enough, since a lot of crazy people and murderers are still passing them and acquiring guns legally. The more guns a country has, the more gun-related deaths. Look at New Zealand. They have what, like 4 deaths a year due to gunshot? That sounds like better protection to me.

How many other weapon deaths do they have?

Spread your legs woman!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2007, 08:15:54 PM »
Gun laws make it harder for everyone to get guns, including whack jobs who want to shoot up their schools.
That's where you're wrong. I tell you again and again that European criminals get guns illegally easier than law abiding people get guns legally. Do you think that I'm simply lying to you or what is it that you don't understand? Yes, the stupidest criminals won't get hold of guns, but for the smarter ones--the really dangerous--it's a piece of cake. Do you find that in order? How can something be easier to get for a criminal that isn't supposed to have it at all than a law abiding person, who at least is allowed to have it on certain conditions, if even restricted? Don't you see a contradiction here? Don't you see that gun laws don't and can't work the way they're supposed to?

Why should bullies be punished by death? The punishment should fit the crime. And why should humans have the right to play God and decide who lives and dies?

The bullies destroy the minds and spirits of their victims, their self esteem, often their whole future. They don't care if their victims are mentally "dead" inside. Why do you pity the evil guys?

Ehrm, GWB didn't make up your right to keep and bear arms, your Founding Fathers did.

litigious, the columbine kids among (a lot of other crazy people) have gotten guns legally in the US and caused harm. And don't give me that crap about bullies destroying mind and spirits of their victims. That's only if the victims let them. Killing the bullies will do no good. They can't learn their lesson if their dead. It's better to find other ways to make them miserable, if you're the kind of person who does that.

Bullying is something just about everyone faces. If every bully was killed, there wouldn't be many people left. Furthermore, by killing bullies, people are just stooping to the level of the bullies, if not even lower. By letting bullies destroy your spirit, by plotting to do harm to them, you are letting the bullies win. Not to mention plotting people's deaths or even just wishing it on people isn't healthy. And I don't "pity the evil guys", I just think they deserve to learn their lesson another way.

I don't really regret what my bullies did to me as much as how I reacted because of it. I shouldn't have listened to them, and I shouldn't have let them bring me down. I do think that I'm stronger now because of my past though.

You misunderstood what I meant about the Bush thing. I know the founding fathers are the ones that gave the US the right. My point is that having guns hasn't protected the US from Bush.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »
Ok, and aliens are going to come kick our asses with guns and we

How many other weapon deaths do they have?

I don't know, but it's easier to hurt somebody with a gun than another weapon.

Scrapheap

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2007, 09:23:34 PM »
......The honest truth is guns aren't doing the US any good, right now. Look at how corrupt it is right now, with Bush and his minions in power.

Vocabulary word for QuirkyCarla: Non Sequitur

Scrapheap

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2007, 09:27:54 PM »

You're far easier than that, Scrapheap,......

My sex life has nothing to do with this!! :evillaugh:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2007, 11:15:58 PM »
......The honest truth is guns aren't doing the US any good, right now. Look at how corrupt it is right now, with Bush and his minions in power.

That wasn't a non sequitur. The people who are pro-guns have stated that they need guns in case the government gets out of hand and they need to fight it. Seeing as no one has done this even with all the damage the Bush administration is causing, the guns haven't done any good.

Scrapheap

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2007, 11:58:16 PM »

That wasn't a non sequitur. The people who are pro-guns have stated that they need guns in case the government gets out of hand and they need to fight it. Seeing as no one has done this even with all the damage the Bush administration is causing, the guns haven't done any good.

This has 2 large holes in it.

Having guns to fight an oppresive Gov. is ONE of MANY reasons to own a gun. What the Bush Admin has done is bad, but not to the point of armed insurection. That would be reckless to fight the Gov. at the drop of a hat like that. Can you provide something besides shrill histrionics to back up the claim that we should?? If not, why are you bothering making this point..... it's just a red herring. It's an inapropriate course of action to any reasonable thinking person.

Second, the Americans who DO own the guns don't oppose him nearly as much as those who don't. Why are you bitching about the fact that those who DO have guns aren't doing what Queen, Lord God QuirkyCarla want's them to?? If you want them to go after Bush, you know how the saying goes, If you want something done, you have to do it yourself. ::)

Really that's a silly argument....you were better off with a non sequitur.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2007, 02:11:00 AM »
Lit, do you really think that was what Columbine was about? You're a sad case. Read up on Wikipedia.

The guns used by Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were illegaly obtained. How does this prove any point at all??

Did you actually read it? Lit was implying bullying as a cause.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein