Author Topic: Let's play "Disorient the Aspie!"  (Read 780 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Let's play "Disorient the Aspie!"
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 02:49:58 AM »

... or in my case, an asshole, making a statement with his duct tape jacket. I just wish camo duct tape was available, back then.

:laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 02:46:11 PM »
One day one of my classes was moved 30 minute earlier than usual, and I walked in and they were 30 minutes into class and I froze.  I kept figeting forward thinking "I guess I go sit down."  And then fidgeting back, "But does this mean it is my class or a previous class and I shouldn't barge in."  So I was shaking like a fibrillating heart for like 3 minutes until the teacher explained what was going on.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 05:27:10 PM »
One day one of my classes was moved 30 minute earlier than usual, and I walked in and they were 30 minutes into class and I froze.  I kept figeting forward thinking "I guess I go sit down."  And then fidgeting back, "But does this mean it is my class or a previous class and I shouldn't barge in."  So I was shaking like a fibrillating heart for like 3 minutes until the teacher explained what was going on.

i used to find the cutest girl in the class and zero in on her looks.  since i have a hard time remembering faces i figured that i could handle remembering what the cute girl looked like.
that way i always knew when i was in the right class.  now if she skipped the lecture, i couldn't consentrate. wondering if i was in the right class.
Misunderstood.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 10:56:21 AM »
I duct taped the holes where the springs were poking through my mattress one time until I could afford to replace it.  When the springs poked through the duct tape, I added more duct tape on top of the old duct tape.  It was much more comfortable to sleep without sharp springs poking me.  Duct tape is great! 

I dont know what it is with me, but any sprung mattress I get I can feel the springs in. My mother says it is because I am too bony. It is annoying as my current mattress was new in July, but I go to bed and lie there feeling springs digging in everywhere and then I think, jesus, am I that heavy or what

I doubt that your too heavy or too bony.  I have found that getting a foam mattress pad helps out immensely.  After the submarine, I tend to treat myself in the sleep department.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 11:36:25 AM »
I duct taped the holes where the springs were poking through my mattress one time until I could afford to replace it.  When the springs poked through the duct tape, I added more duct tape on top of the old duct tape.  It was much more comfortable to sleep without sharp springs poking me.  Duct tape is great! 

I dont know what it is with me, but any sprung mattress I get I can feel the springs in. My mother says it is because I am too bony. It is annoying as my current mattress was new in July, but I go to bed and lie there feeling springs digging in everywhere and then I think, jesus, am I that heavy or what

I doubt that your too heavy or too bony.  I have found that getting a foam mattress pad helps out immensely.  After the submarine, I tend to treat myself in the sleep department.

i would suggest a select comfort with the pillowtop.

my wife and i have had ours for ten years and its just like the day we bought it.
expensive.  yes.
worth the price?  definately.  especially when you consider the alternatives.

we have a hard time sleeping when we are anywhere but home.  and we wake up exhausted and sore.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 12:06:20 PM »
As far as I'm concerned nothing is too expensive if the bed is just right for the individual needs.  We would rather spend a lot of money for a good nights sleep than on just about anything else.

When we're coming home after travelling, our mantra is, "It's going to be good to sleep in OUR OWN BED tonite!" 8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 12:09:39 PM »
As far as I'm concerned nothing is too expensive if the bed is just right for the individual needs.  We would rather spend a lot of money for a good nights sleep than on just about anything else.

When we're coming home after travelling, our mantra is, "It's going to be good to sleep in OUR OWN BED tonite!" 8)
QFT and +1.
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 02:17:26 PM »
laundry is not a simple thing. the machines are scary, too many buttons. i never know how much washing powder to put in. and laundromats?  oh god, to go to a laundromat all by myself would suck ass. i usually do laundry when i'm wearing my last pair of underwear and have run out of most of my clothes...

that happened to me all the time in high school, god i hated it. brutal.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 03:56:34 AM »

rofl...that sounds like something that would happen to me...a lot of times someone from class will recognize me and say "hi", and i'll have no idea who they are