Author Topic: To those who watch anime...  (Read 547 times)

thepeaguy

To those who watch anime...
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »
Do you either prefer the dubbed version, or the original Japanese version with subtitles included? Feel free to state your reasons why you've opted for that particular preference.

My mate, Corey, brought this up earlier on AIM.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:25:56 PM by Queen Drahma »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: To those who watch anime...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
Dubbed, because 1. I'm lazy and 2. I'm not always looking at the screen if I'm watching a movie alone (I might be om the computer or doing my nails or something).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

thepeaguy

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
Dubbed, because 1. I'm lazy and 2. I'm not always looking at the screen if I'm watching a movie alone (I might be om the computer or doing my nails or something).

You lazy rhino who varnishes her... *ahem*..."nails".

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 01:44:57 PM »
I do my nails once a week (once every couple for toenails) and I don't paint.  I just make sure they're short and smooth so I don't pick at them, and buff/shine them for aesthetics.  I can't defend the latter part beyond saying that I'm a chick, but the former part is a practical thing to do if you have OCD and/or contact lenses.

thepeaguy

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »
I do my nails once a week (once every couple for toenails) and I don't paint.  I just make sure they're short and smooth so I don't pick at them, and buff/shine them for aesthetics.  I can't defend the latter part beyond saying that I'm a chick, but the former part is a practical thing to do if you have OCD and/or contact lenses.

Why are you telling me this?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 02:24:08 PM »
:P

thepeaguy

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »
:P

All I did was attempt at some bizarre humour, and then you tell me about your fucking nails. Why do I need to know about it?

If you like, I'll give you a random in-depth explanation on why I scratch my bollocks most of the time.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »
OK, I'll explain, since you seem to have not been asking a rhetorical question:  You seemed to be saying that it was impractical to do my nails, that I polished my nails, and/or that I wasn't actually talking about doing my nails.  I choose to correct these implications.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »
Well I do know that in either case, if I go from subbed to dubbed or dubbed to subbed, the second always seems less satisfying than the first.

But overall I like subbed better with japanese audio, because all american voice actors sound like they are reading from a childs story book.  They can never GET INTO the role.  They can never be serious.  They all sound like they are reading from paddington bear.  That being said, dubbed hentai is fuckin' hilarious.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

thepeaguy

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »
OK, I'll explain, since you seem to have not been asking a rhetorical question:  You seemed to be saying that it was impractical to do my nails, that I polished my nails, and/or that I wasn't actually talking about doing my nails.  I choose to correct these implications.

Summary time: You said that you're lazy, I randomly called you a "lazy rhino" (don't ask), and then I went on about nails but rhinos don't really have nails like we do because they have odd-looking feet (don't bother correcting me; I know that I'm no zoologist, I'm just a tard on disability), and then you started to educate me about your nail hygiene -- that's where I got lost and thought that you used your woman powers to confuse my pretty, little mind.

thepeaguy

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 02:45:36 PM »
Well I do know that in either case, if I go from subbed to dubbed or dubbed to subbed, the second always seems less satisfying than the first.

But overall I like subbed better with japanese audio, because all american voice actors sound like they are reading from a childs story book.  They can never GET INTO the role.  They can never be serious.  They all sound like they are reading from paddington bear.  That being said, dubbed hentai is fuckin' hilarious.

Have you ever watched Night Shift Nurses, by any chance?

I got a kick out of the power-games that came with the sex. (I only watched demos, though.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:47:53 PM by Queen Drahma »

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 02:48:39 PM »
Nah, i've only seen a few moving hentais.  To this date, i've only watched hentai movies at other peoples houses for a party and we wanted to giggle a lot.  For my personal use, I use doujinshi's, and individual pictures.

thepeaguy

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 02:49:33 PM »
Nah, i've only seen a few moving hentais.  To this date, i've only watched hentai movies at other peoples houses for a party and we wanted to giggle a lot.  For my personal use, I use doujinshi's, and individual pictures.

I never, ever been to a hentai party before.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »
It wasn't a hentai party, it was a mixed rum drink party.  I just have some sick twisted depraved friends.

thepeaguy

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »
It wasn't a hentai party, it was a mixed rum drink party.  I just have some sick twisted depraved friends.

'k.