Educational

Author Topic: Fleeing to Canada?  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Fleeing to Canada?
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »
Oh, so anti-Trump people are the only ones guilty of violence and property destruction?

Yes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-president-supporters-attack-muslims-hijab-hispanics-lgbt-hate-crime-wave-us-election-a7410166.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-woman-robbed-hijab-donald-trump-maga-hat-president-supporter-louisana-a7410301.html

Why did you just post this?

Because you were wrong. Or are you saying that they are all lying?

I am saying your lead example is wrong and proven wrong and there are others too.

I think on the whole the anti-Trump ARE the issue. You cannot EVER find a state or moment in time where there are NEVER outliers. Never a time where there are no bigots or vandals or unstable people.

So the "Ha, they are not the only ones" narrative is weak at best and disingenuous at the worse.

The vast majority of the issue is the Anti-Trump rioters. The people like this Muslim girl fabricating stories is not especially helpful either.

I was not wrong Odeon, you are.....again.

Oh, so anti-Trump people are the only ones guilty of violence and property destruction?

Yes

Poor Al. Always ready to look the other way.

This is Odeon logic.

Odeon "Al how can you not be offended by that poor young Muslim girl having her hijab grabbed and her watch and wallet stolen by two Caucasian Trump supporters"

Al "Because it was a fabricated story and the report here proves that she lied to the public but confessed to the police she made it up"

*Smug, condescension* Odeon "Oh Al you just look the other way when these things happen"

Here is the thing, there is no false equivalence and only a moron would think that there is.
Now you MAY and I repeat MAY have equivalency saying "IF Trump had lost you would get the same reaction as you are getting from the Liberals now that Hillary lost" Personally I do not think so because there was not that reaction when Obama won office, but you MAY be right or at least have a reasonable logical opinion.

You may also have a logical and reasoned opinion if you say "Okay OBVIOUSLY most people rioting and being asshats are up in arms over Hillary losing and Trump supporters are all happy and so are not likely to be complaining or do violent acts. Obviously that is going to mean most perpetrators are Hillary backers or anti-Trump people. Having said that, there may be a few cases in the mass where Trump supporters do bad things.

THAT would be a reasonable bet. That is not what you tried to do. You presented this as an equivalency and then backed your proposition with a claim that had already been proven to be wrong and now say I look the other way.

Hard to tell if you are being stupid, ignorant or dishonest. Which is it this time?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2016, 02:32:07 PM »
So anyone who dares criticizes Trump has "a lot to answer for" and are full of shit?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2016, 03:44:16 PM »
So anyone who dares criticizes Trump has "a lot to answer for" and are full of shit?

I would not say so. Plenty to critcise him on. There are certainly a lot of people who do criticise Trump AND have a lot to answer for AND are full of shit.

For example the MSNBC pushing a slimy narrative of (paraphrased)  "Who knows where trump's racist deportation measures will end? He MAY conceivably deport African Americans to Africa" So some African Americans are legitimately terrified. It probably worked in getting them to the ballot box but the people like MSNBC are not now saying "Fuck! Did not work. Hey mate, don't worry about what I said about deporting you to Africa. I was lying. Trump is not going to do that. I just wanted to make sure you voted."
Some people terrified.

So yes the people saying things like that are completely full of shit and do have a lot to answer for.

A lot of the hysteria and false claims are the fault of the talking heads and media and such.

I will tell you another thing. Do not expect Trump supporters to extend the olive branch or try to heal the divide. They are angry with how they have been targeted and maligned and sacked from jobs, attacked. 18 months of that, they are pretty angry with these people that are full of shit and have a lot to answer for. They will exert pressure to hurt the Democratic party and every platform they supported as payback for how they were treated. I think media will start getting a lot of pressure too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2016, 04:49:50 PM »

Did I say that?  But when a parasite like Oliver is focusing on Trump and completely ignoring Clinton because she's a Democrat, a woman and pretends to be for 'equality', when she's a million times worse, shows the kind of trash he is.  But I guess idiots need someone to look up to.  It seems with people like Oliver, because they come from a privileged background and got in the position they did through having Royal connections and famous musicians, they feel they have to be 'left wing' and make out they are against the establishment, and maybe they're too thick to understand, but he's part of the establishment. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »

Yeah, I think that's right.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2016, 12:54:30 AM »

Yes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-president-supporters-attack-muslims-hijab-hispanics-lgbt-hate-crime-wave-us-election-a7410166.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-woman-robbed-hijab-donald-trump-maga-hat-president-supporter-louisana-a7410301.html

I am saying your lead example is wrong and proven wrong and there are others too.

I think on the whole the anti-Trump ARE the issue. You cannot EVER find a state or moment in time where there are NEVER outliers. Never a time where there are no bigots or vandals or unstable people.

So the "Ha, they are not the only ones" narrative is weak at best and disingenuous at the worse.

The vast majority of the issue is the Anti-Trump rioters. The people like this Muslim girl fabricating stories is not especially helpful either.

Yes

This is Odeon logic.

Odeon "Al how can you not be offended by that poor young Muslim girl having her hijab grabbed and her watch and wallet stolen by two Caucasian Trump supporters"

Al "Because it was a fabricated story and the report here proves that she lied to the public but confessed to the police she made it up"

*Smug, condescension* Odeon "Oh Al you just look the other way when these things happen"

Here is the thing, there is no false equivalence and only a moron would think that there is.
Now you MAY and I repeat MAY have equivalency saying "IF Trump had lost you would get the same reaction as you are getting from the Liberals now that Hillary lost" Personally I do not think so because there was not that reaction when Obama won office, but you MAY be right or at least have a reasonable logical opinion.

You may also have a logical and reasoned opinion if you say "Okay OBVIOUSLY most people rioting and being asshats are up in arms over Hillary losing and Trump supporters are all happy and so are not likely to be complaining or do violent acts. Obviously that is going to mean most perpetrators are Hillary backers or anti-Trump people. Having said that, there may be a few cases in the mass where Trump supporters do bad things.

THAT would be a reasonable bet. That is not what you tried to do. You presented this as an equivalency and then backed your proposition with a claim that had already been proven to be wrong and now say I look the other way.

Hard to tell if you are being stupid, ignorant or dishonest. Which is it this time?

You are all of those things, Al. First, the stupid generalisation. Then the ignorant dismissal (did you even read that article?). And finally the dishonest backpedaling.

You're such a sad case.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2016, 02:30:45 AM »

Yes

Yes

This is Odeon logic.

You are all of those things, Al. First, the stupid generalisation. Then the ignorant dismissal (did you even read that article?). And finally the dishonest backpedaling.

You're such a sad case.

Okay you are not saying which you are.

That Muslim girl that was the lead story in the article
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/10/women-in-hijabs-on-2-campuses-say-they-were-attacked-by-men-invoking-donald-trump/

LIE!

That horrible photo of that gay gay that was jumped and hit over the head with a bottle and went to a nearby hospital and needed 5 staples in his head. Its terrible https://www.facebook.com/santamonicapd/posts/1248837835137297

LIE!

That was another one of the half a dozen instances in your Independent article. Are they ALL false? Give me a figure of the number of reports that are real? If you are promoting false reports (and Proven) false reports, I want you to tell me which of the reports ion that article are NOT false claims and how we know that? If not I do not want you being ridiculous enough to think that I would humour articles that are at least a little provably dishonest.

What i suspect IS going on is that there is NO upswing in racial abuse or attacks BUT people (especially Liberal minorities) having lost their political race and feeling a bit disenfranchised AND more importantly, feeling the effects of some ideologically driven fear mongering from the Liberal media and prominent Democrat talking heads, are feeling afraid. Because they are feeling afraid and disenfranchised, they are concocting these threat narratives as a way of coping with and expressing their fear.

Unfortunately a couple of them will get exposed and called on it and they will like false rape claims and any other false claims, make it that much more difficult for genuine claims to be recognised.

You may say, "So you are saying that they are all false? No I am saying bring me an example of the equivalency to what we can prove is coming from the Anti-trump supporters. You bring me a gay guy spreading plum jam over his head and saying he was jumped by Trump supporters and I will bring you http://wtnh.com/2016/11/12/pd-2-arrested-for-beating-up-man-holding-trump-sign/

See the difference?

Now I am not saying for a second that there is absolutely no incidences or evidence of any people who are Trump supporters doing anything wrong but you simply provide me stories in which any that are actually able to be evidenced, are exposed as lies.

I will say it again. There is no equivalence. Trying to pretend there is is dishonest and stupid. As proven above.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2016, 10:32:24 AM »
Sorry, I can't be arsed to read through your effort at the moment. I'm sure it's a fine post, and I know you are very proud of your imagined wit, but considering it's bound to be full of your trademark failed hypotheticals, bigoted assumptions and the par-for-the-course dishonesty, I am going to skip it for now,

Feel free to continue, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »

I will tell you another thing. Do not expect Trump supporters to extend the olive branch or try to heal the divide. They are angry with how they have been targeted and maligned and sacked from jobs, attacked. 18 months of that, they are pretty angry with these people that are full of shit and have a lot to answer for. They will exert pressure to hurt the Democratic party and every platform they supported as payback for how they were treated. I think media will start getting a lot of pressure too.

Where were all these poor mistreated people?

I'll tell you were they weren't, and that was around here.

75% of the rabid nutjobs were verbally attacking anyone who they even thought weren't voting for their new "savior". I spent 18 months staying silent and avoiding my neighbors and ducking behind displays in the damn grocery store just so I didn't have to listen to the "gospel of Trump".

Now it's over thank heavens and they are now gloating, rabid nutjobs.  :LOL:

I hope he does something good, but deep down I will think he's a spoiled, over-privileged blooming idiot until proven otherwise. As for the nutjobs...lets just say this election has been an education as to the morality and beliefs of some of those I "thought" I knew.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2016, 02:31:14 AM »
Sorry, I can't be arsed to read through your effort at the moment. I'm sure it's a fine post, and I know you are very proud of your imagined wit, but considering it's bound to be full of your trademark failed hypotheticals, bigoted assumptions and the par-for-the-course dishonesty, I am going to skip it for now,

Feel free to continue, though.

Shit effort Odeon.

Summarised:

You wished to make some larger point that Trump supporters are somehow comparable in their conduct with Hillary supporters that are going nuts rioting.

To do this you posted an articles that apart from vague non-evidenced hearsay, had two lead stories of violence. One of a poor Muslim girl attacked and robbed by Trump supporters and another of a gay guy apparently bottled at a pub and getting 5 staples in his head in a nearby hospital. YOUR article and YOUR choice to evidence this as a counter to my argument that there is no equivalency in the violence and criminality between the Trump supporters now they have won and Hillary supporters now they lost.

BOTH of those two stories with ANY evidence (or ability to confirm the validity of the stories) have been proved to be fabrications.

It torpedoes your shit efforts. Makes you a clown on top of everything else.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2016, 02:43:26 AM »

75% of the rabid nutjobs were verbally attacking anyone who they even thought weren't voting for their new "savior". I spent 18 months staying silent and avoiding my neighbors and ducking behind displays in the damn grocery store just so I didn't have to listen to the "gospel of Trump".

I hope he does something good, but deep down I will think he's a spoiled, over-privileged blooming idiot until proven otherwise. As for the nutjobs...lets just say this election has been an education as to the morality and beliefs of some of those I "thought" I knew.

See the way I look at it. I remember when the right were fucking crazy. REALLY crazy. Liberals were accepting, open and about considering all things. The right were closed minded and would say shit things.

Now it HAS shifted and the traits found in the Conservatives of Yesteryear are now found in the left and visa versa.

The reason that I can see is it is dependent as to who has power. It has been the Liberal show for a long time. Liberals have been able to push their agendas and therefore not need to entertain other opinions and such. Conservative have had to be less closed shop and more open to discussing and compromising on things.

It is quickly swinging back to Conservatives. It will be getting better for a year or so and maybe good for a couple of years and then slowly it will go too far in favour of the Conservative and they will become the arseholes they were 5 or 6 years ago.
Around this time the moderate and non-judgmental, open, accepting Classical Liberal will return.

At this time I will be calling out the Conservatives and banging the drum for the Liberals.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2016, 01:16:56 PM »
Another two fine posts, I gather. Well done.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2016, 04:36:10 PM »

:plus:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2016, 06:46:24 PM »
No one gonna complain about the fact that Steve Bannon, the former executive of Breitbart will become part of the Trump Admin?