Author Topic: Another Aspie suicide  (Read 1506 times)

Scrapheap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Another Aspie suicide
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:20:13 PM »
i am very interested in the ravages to the brain.
wtf is that?
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 11:51:32 PM »
It is to bad that She committed suicide and father Burt Bacharach and mother Angie Dickingson lost there daughter. Even I have come very close of doing Myself in too. Even earlier posted this link here. It is to bad She could not learn to Live in the end. As individuals are very hard on Ourselves like I was very hard on Myself back then. We are always harder on Ourselves than others in the end. I now I was very hard on Myself back then. I fought Myself from life and death back then in the end. Maybe Mcjagger that can give You a parcel answer it is very hard to know what was truly in Her mind and Her Mind-set when it was done. It can only be understood between Her and God in the end.

http://www.midco.net/news/read.php?ps=1016&id=14668831&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 11:56:52 PM »
Well spoken, Kev.
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:05:55 AM »
This might be in incredibly poor taste, but all I have to say is at least this one didn't kill anybody while she was goin' down.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
Well spoken, Kev.
Thanks, it is even very hard even for Me to talk about suicide since even I have been very close Myself. I don't try to understand it but I have lived it coming very close to doing it Myself.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 03:27:06 PM »
Love the sentence about "Ravages to the Brain"! almost sounds as if they think death is the best thing for us, and merciful euthanasia is the kindest thing that can happen to an aspie.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
Love the sentence about "Ravages to the Brain"! almost sounds as if they think death is the best thing for us, and merciful euthanasia is the kindest thing that can happen to an aspie.

QFT

driftingblizzard

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:37 PM »

QFT
QFT?

driftingblizzard

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 11:32:20 PM »
Bacharach Daughter Commits Suicide
Jan 5, 9:27 PM EST

The Associated Press

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Nikki Bacharach, daughter of Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickinson, committed suicide, the songwriter and actress said in a statement Friday.

Nikki Bacharach, 40, suffered from Asperger's Disorder, a form of autism. She killed herself Thursday night at her condo, said Linda Dozoretz, a spokeswoman for the family.

"She quietly and peacefully committed suicide to escape the ravages to her brain brought on by Asperger's," the statement said.

Nikki Bacharach died of suffocation using a plastic bag and helium, said Mike Feiler of the Ventura County coroner's office.

Born prematurely in 1966, Lea Nikki Bacharach studied geology at Cal Lutheran University, but could not pursue a career in the field because of poor eyesight.

"She loved kitties, and earthquakes, glacial calving, meteor showers, science, blue skies and sunsets, and Tahiti," the statement said.

Nikki Bacharach was the only child of Burt Bacharach, 77, and Dickinson, 75, who were married from 1965 to 1981.

It was the second marriage for both Bacharach, the Oscar-winning composer of "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head," and "What the World Needs Now is Love," and Dickinson, star of the film "Dress to Kill" and the TV show "Police Woman."

Bacharach has three children from other marriages.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 11:36:18 PM »
Bacharach Daughter Commits Suicide
Jan 5, 9:27 PM EST

The Associated Press

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Nikki Bacharach, daughter of Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickinson, committed suicide, the songwriter and actress said in a statement Friday.

Nikki Bacharach, 40, suffered from Asperger's Disorder, a form of autism. She killed herself Thursday night at her condo, said Linda Dozoretz, a spokeswoman for the family.

"She quietly and peacefully committed suicide to escape the ravages to her brain brought on by Asperger's," the statement said.

Nikki Bacharach died of suffocation using a plastic bag and helium, said Mike Feiler of the Ventura County coroner's office.

Born prematurely in 1966, Lea Nikki Bacharach studied geology at Cal Lutheran University, but could not pursue a career in the field because of poor eyesight.

"She loved kitties, and earthquakes, glacial calving, meteor showers, science, blue skies and sunsets, and Tahiti," the statement said.

Nikki Bacharach was the only child of Burt Bacharach, 77, and Dickinson, 75, who were married from 1965 to 1981.

It was the second marriage for both Bacharach, the Oscar-winning composer of "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head," and "What the World Needs Now is Love," and Dickinson, star of the film "Dress to Kill" and the TV show "Police Woman."

Bacharach has three children from other marriages.

Since when has it been a "disorder", most Aspie's are very orderly.  And I didn't know A-S could ravage my brain! :o

She probably did it because she was so misunderstood by her parents.  Exspecially after the "World Needs Now is Love" song....     

driftingblizzard

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 11:37:12 PM »
Seriously though, I am saddened that the world lost another talented and interesing Aspie....

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 11:39:41 PM »
It has been a disorder since people assumed that syndrome and disorder are interchangable.  The common definition of either term is "fucked up".

Why are you assuming she was talented or interesting?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 11:43:08 PM »
remember the violent kid they had on the dr. phil show?
Misunderstood.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 12:00:12 AM »
It has been a disorder since people assumed that syndrome and disorder are interchangable.  The common definition of either term is "fucked up".

Why are you assuming she was talented or interesting?

I didn't assume it, I deduced it:

"She loved kitties, and earthquakes, glacial calving, meteor showers, science, blue skies and sunsets, and Tahiti
,"

She was smart enough to know that Helium is an inert gas that in an enclosed area could cause suffocation.  So I figured she was smart.
And her studies are varried and interesting.  I personally have been fascinated with the night sky, meteors, sciences, sunsets and remote areas of the globe, so to me, she was extremely interesting.  Would like to have met her....realy. 

But fair enough, maybe she wasn't talented, I probably used the wrong word in that sense.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 12:14:12 AM by driftingblizzard »