Author Topic: Rape...20 yrs later? WTF?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Rape...20 yrs later? WTF?
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »

so you either don't think much to my ideas? or didn't read 'em? (not that I could blame you for the latter. Just trying to clarify)

Nope, I read them.

If there is a child, that child is just about grown now and to me that still wouldn't justify it.

...and if he is a serial offender and this is the only concrete evidence they have on him, I would think they would need a lot more than this and it's a rather lame move.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm with IQ here.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »

so you either don't think much to my ideas? or didn't read 'em? (not that I could blame you for the latter. Just trying to clarify)

Nope, I read them.

If there is a child, that child is just about grown now and to me that still wouldn't justify it.

...and if he is a serial offender and this is the only concrete evidence they have on him, I would think they would need a lot more than this and it's a rather lame move.

I read them roo and I am with IQ.

There is a huge difference between how victims of sexual abuse are treated dependant on gender of their attacker and themselves.

In recent times many of the teachers accused of having serially assaulted students are women and their victims boys. When it is men assaulting schoolgirls,  it is seen as rape and pretty cut and dried. When the teacher is female, that all changes, words like "affair" are bandied about and even suggestions as to her fragile mental state and therapy and how sorry she is.this affect the sentence.

It is society's fault.

The other side of this is false accusations. More and more I see the impact in news of false rape accusations against men and the cover false claimant women are given.

I think false claims of rape are close to evil. The defence people make is what woman would do that? The list of reasons is long and the list of women who do is longer. The list on false claimant women being prosecutes is rather short.

I think this is a horrid example of a nasty woman trying to destroy a man's life by destroying his reputation.  He should defend himself and destroy hers.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2016, 05:43:01 PM »
He needs to sue

Definitely.

I think maybe her name should be put on the sex offender list.
As said before, it's rather convenient for her that she claims it stopped when she was seventeen.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2016, 03:35:55 AM »
One thing I want to clarify (not that I think anyone's necessarily taken it this way), whilst my rant is rather long and specific,  I am not saying there are not scumbag men around nor even arsehole misogynist judges who do hurt real female victims of rape, but if I am honest I believe the other side of rape and domestic violence is rarely talked about and often marginalised when it is.

Rape, assault and abuse is terrible regardless of demographic. I think victims need support of society and false claimants need to be jailed. Regardless of gender
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 04:55:47 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2016, 04:02:36 AM »
If there is a child, that child is just about grown now  and to me that still wouldn't justify it.
that was my thought exactly. Old enough to ask  awkward questions, and to get genetic tests done, in an effort to find out the answers for himself. The guy might even be family,  mightn't he?

That's one way of explaining why it might suddenly blow up at this point in time. It's not hard to imagine outraged family pushing the girl into pressing charges; and refusing to believe that she's innocent otherwise; or various similar scenarios.

Maybe she would be the one in the dock, otherwise? As some people have pointed out  alread,  she does appear to be more culpable than he is (if either are culpable) since she was the elder of the two.  Maybe people on his side have made accusations against her, since the truth came out (however it came out)  and counter-accusation was her only realistic defence.

That's just speculation , but still, i find that story a whole lot more credible than that anyone suddenly make an admission that refects so badly on herself, just to be nasty to the other party involved. There's got to be more to it that that.

I entirely agree with the general sentiments expressed  in this thread, but only as generalities. This is an individual case , and we simply don't have enough info to judge that girl, nor anybody else. Not near enough info.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 04:15:19 AM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2016, 03:03:17 PM »
There can be so many reasons why she did it now and nit before.
It's all speculation. I can do that too. Maybe he had become a teacher. Her kid is in his class, and failed to pass the year. Out of spite and bitterness the mother accuses the teacher. Ruining his carreer for ever.

Or maybe she just wanted his parking space. So many possible reasons. All speculation.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2016, 03:10:30 PM »
He needs to sue

Definitely.

I think maybe her name should be put on the sex offender list.
As said before, it's rather convenient for her that she claims it stopped when she was seventeen.
I think here she would have been the one in serious trouble.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2016, 03:45:05 PM »
Or maybe she just wanted his parking space.
:laugh:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »
There can be so many reasons why she did it now and nit before.
It's all speculation. I can do that too. Maybe he had become a teacher. Her kid is in his class, and failed to pass the year. Out of spite and bitterness the mother accuses the teacher. Ruining his carreer for ever.

Or maybe she just wanted his parking space. So many possible reasons. All speculation.

That's the problem. 20 years later all the evidence is gone.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »
It's a bizarre case.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »
It's a bizarre case.

There are some really bizarre people in this state.

I think it's the frack water. :LOL:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2016, 11:38:46 PM »
A North Franklin Township man was arrested early Friday on charges filed by state police for allegedly sexually assaulting a girl over a five-year period more than 20 years ago at a South Franklin Township home.

Richard Eli Barlow, 32, of 166 Milbeck Drive, is charged with two counts of rape, four counts each of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse of an unconscious person, indecent assault of an unconscious victim, three counts of sexual assault and two counts of aggravated indecent assault. He was taken into custody by state police during a traffic stop about 1:30 a.m. Friday at Route 40 and The Road in Canton Township.

The alleged victim told Trooper Thomas Kress the assaults started around July 1993 when she was about 12 years old and continued until about August 1998. She said she was babysitting Barlow.

The alleged victim said Barlow would tickle her feet and armpits when she was sleeping. Then, when she was 13 or 14, she said she awoke to find Barlow having intercourse with her. She also alleged Barlow engaged in other sexual contact with her on more than one occasion when she had been asleep. The alleged victim said the incidents happened multiple times throughout her teenage years.

Barlow was arraigned before District Judge Traci McDonald and placed in Washington County jail on $100,000 bond. He is scheduled for a May 25 preliminary hearing before District Judge Ethan Ward.

Kathie Warco

If you do the math and read it over....the accuser was the "babysitter" she was 12, it started in 1993, making him 9, and went on for about 5 years making her around 17, and him around 13 or 14 when it ended.

How is this considered "rape"??
If anyone should have yelled rape it should have been him.
Sorry, I just don't get it. :P

So let me get this straight, a nine year old boy started raping his babysitter when she was 12 and this continued on until she was 17 so this would make him 14 when it stopped?

Very bizarre. So he is being charged for rape from when he was a teen then.

Also I wonder why didn't she tell the parents about their son's inappropriate behavior and why did she keep baby sitting him? I would have quit and told the parents about it. Usually when a kid does that to another kid, it's a sign of sexual abuse. Nine is pretty young.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2016, 03:16:45 AM »

So let me get this straight, a nine year old boy started raping his babysitter when she was 12 and this continued on until she was 17 so this would make him 14 when it stopped?

Very bizarre. So he is being charged for rape from when he was a teen then.

Also I wonder why didn't she tell the parents about their son's inappropriate behavior and why did she keep baby sitting him? I would have quit and told the parents about it. Usually when a kid does that to another kid, it's a sign of sexual abuse. Nine is pretty young.

Yep, that's one reason why I was wondering if the kids in question might actually be brother and sister. Quitting is not an option then is it? And yeah, ofc, probably one or both parents are abusive themselves.  Case might be just the tip of the iceberg, mightn't it?

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2016, 11:11:49 AM »
I'm so confused about all this

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it