Author Topic: Just a sweet little old nun  (Read 579 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Just a sweet little old nun
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 03:50:39 PM »
I had a gal ask me for a dollar for some Mc Donald's fries because she said she was hungry so I gave her the dollar. After the fact I realized she was obese.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »
I had a gal ask me for a dollar for some Mc Donald's fries because she said she was hungry so I gave her the dollar. After the fact I realized she was obese.

I'm obese too, but I still need to eat.  I think I'll take a dinner break right now!  :idea:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »

I'm obese too, but I still need to eat.  I think I'll take a dinner break right now!  :idea:

I wonder who'll feel generous enough for a cute weeble. I don't mind a need I buy food for people on the streets like this gal with her 3 kids who was looking for a pediatrician because one of her kids was sick, but some people are really shameless. Like this one time my Italian dad was asked for money for food and he gave this gal these uneaten pizzas from a restaurant that were still good. He caught her throwing them in the trash. Turned out she was a regular panhandler.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »
I wonder how many rosaries she will have to pray for that or will they just have another penguin hit her across the knuckles with a ruler :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 06:08:29 AM »
I wonder how many rosaries she will have to pray for that or will they just have another penguin hit her across the knuckles with a ruler :zoinks:

That made me laugh and spray my computer with spit.  Thanks a lot.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 06:12:27 AM »

People forget.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 07:46:31 AM »
ah, memories of catholic school! they had many forms of torture where i went. these days they'd all have been arrested.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »
ah, memories of catholic school! they had many forms of torture where i went. these days they'd all have been arrested.

I'm surprised how many people of my age group suffered with nuns in school.  Being of the
  post-Vatican II generation, I thought things had changed everywhere.  Having been born to an older
  mother who was an old-school Catholic and a catechist to boot, I'm lucky I ended up in public school.  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 10:19:32 AM »

I'm surprised how many people of my age group suffered with nuns in school.  Being of the
  post-Vatican II generation, I thought things had changed everywhere.  Having been born to an older
  mother who was an old-school Catholic and a catechist to boot, I'm lucky I ended up in public school.  :apondering:

Things have changed. They can't hit you, but they have become very creative about verbal humiliation. Nothing they could be arrested for, but enough to make children feel pretty awful. My mom was just as capable, though, and when they did it to my sister (she wrote a veiled racial slur on the board) my  mom (who had a MS in Education at the time) went in to "talk" to the nun in question. When she got there they told her the nun had sprained an ankle and could not negotiate the stairs to come to the office (one wonders how she got up to the classroom). Besides she was teaching a class. My mom walked right by the office people and up the stairs to the classroom. Everyone in every classroom in that hall heard what she said (they were talking in the hall). The nuns never did anything like that to my sister or to me again.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 10:26:25 AM »
  I'm glad your mother was on your side in that instance.  My own could be difficult to live with,
  but if someone else picked on me, she could be pretty scary in my defense.  Good for our mothers.  8)

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »

My brothers and sisters had already been booted out of catholic school and were in public school by the time I was born so luckily  I ended up in public school also and only had to deal with them for CCD

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »

My mother definitely didn't have anything good to say about them..she didn't have a father at home to speak of, and back then that was a big no-no. 

Both my parents had a shitty home life, and religion just played a part in making it more so. After they got married, they left home and religion was attending flea markets on Sunday...I was free to explore the topic or go to church stuff with my friends, as long as I left them alone about it.  :LOL:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »
The flea market I sell at has the whole church thing covered just in case you want to do both :2thumbsup:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 01:10:26 PM »

My mother definitely didn't have anything good to say about them..she didn't have a father at home to speak of, and back then that was a big no-no. 

Both my parents had a shitty home life, and religion just played a part in making it more so. After they got married, they left home and religion was attending flea markets on Sunday...I was free to explore the topic or go to church stuff with my friends, as long as I left them alone about it.  :LOL:

I think my father attended Mass only out of respect for my mother, but we kids got the full Catholic
  upbringing: Mass every Sunday and holy day of obligation, starting when we were 3 or 4; catechism and
  all the sacraments; Mass attendance required long after confirmation.  I was still going to Mass when
  I was 22 and employed full-time, right up till the Sunday I moved out of my parents' house.   :GA:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:14 PM »
The flea market I sell at has the whole church thing covered just in case you want to do both :2thumbsup:

:laugh: