Author Topic: Disgusting foods alphabet game!  (Read 1034 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Disgusting foods alphabet game!
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2016, 09:49:36 PM »

"U"
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2016, 09:57:25 PM »

The only thing I can think of that starts with "U" is ugli fruit and to me they taste a bit like a Seville Orange, something that you would use to make a marmalade.
 :clap:

I might have to google to solve this letter, but I will leave it to the "Vs" to carry on.

I might tell you what you are doing wrong again, though and promote universal freedom in palate usage.

:hide:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2016, 10:06:15 PM »

Sorry for not following the rules, but I feel some intervention is in order.

Quit breakings stuff, DirtDawg.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »
Violet Candies
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2016, 01:47:21 AM »
Dried mango strips are lovely and chewy.

One thing I have a tolerateokishnecessary-hate relationship with is onions. On the one hand you NEED them in chilli con carne, other meat mince dishes but I have to chop them up fine enough they melt more or less when cooked, or else pick them out after. Because the texture is..oh my god, its vile.

Pre-cook them separately in a different dish before adding them to your main dish, ONLY after being cooked to your idea of perfection or non threatening tolerance.

... or just do not bother. Shred the bastards in a blender and add only the juiced product as a  flavouring. Use carefully - very strong result.
used to eat whole onions raw but i have matured from my "dare you" days.
i will eat them raw on sandwiches.
py likes them too so our dishes tend to have more than what's called for by the recipe. and i still fry them up and eat them with nothing more than salt.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2016, 01:51:02 AM »
When kids had a cold I would place half an onion next to their bed. A lot of times there would be only brown onion peels left in the morning.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2016, 01:57:31 AM »
Violet Candies
possible winner for the most disgusting. for most other things it is texture. i cannot fathom how anyone could eat anything that tastes like that candy.

Watercress - why would anyone eat it, much less put it in a sandwich?
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2016, 05:31:23 PM »
Violet Candies
possible winner for the most disgusting. for most other things it is texture. i cannot fathom how anyone could eat anything that tastes like that candy.
I absolutely love violet -flavoured sweets, but I can't find any that love me back these days. Might have to resort to attempting to make my own.
I refuse to call them violet candies because
A) that's not proper English, that's  American  :hitler:
B) Three or four times over , I've misread that as "violet candles"  . The first time , I did a bit of a double-take, since I was reading it on "recent posts" where it  it immediately follows "cool whip", "friskies" "play station" and "virgin records"  :LOL: (in "describe your sex life with a brand name" ) Ofc, my immediate thought was "Hey! Violet candles isn't a brand name.. is it?", otherwise I wouldn't have blinked at it .  :LOL:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2016, 12:13:37 PM »
Dried mango strips are lovely and chewy.

One thing I have a tolerateokishnecessary-hate relationship with is onions. On the one hand you NEED them in chilli con carne, other meat mince dishes but I have to chop them up fine enough they melt more or less when cooked, or else pick them out after. Because the texture is..oh my god, its vile.

Pre-cook them separately in a different dish before adding them to your main dish, ONLY after being cooked to your idea of perfection or non threatening tolerance.

... or just do not bother. Shred the bastards in a blender and add only the juiced product as a  flavouring. Use carefully - very strong result.
used to eat whole onions raw but i have matured from my "dare you" days.
i will eat them raw on sandwiches.
py likes them too so our dishes tend to have more than what's called for by the recipe. and i still fry them up and eat them with nothing more than salt.

I pretty much still eat a whole onion raw every day, sometimes only half, depending upon the size.  While some prefer the sweet varieties (I think they just do not like onions) I mmost enjoy the large white southern raised ones - very flavorful. Fortunately, when you can find them here in Indiana, they are the cheapest.
 :dunno:

I just had a Braunschweiger (we have a fabulous deli store a few miles away and I often splurge on the fancy smoked, meats. His are actually made right here and smoked in his own smokehouse and include more liver - for us demanding Americans - than the imported varieties) and hot mustard sandwich with a whole tennisball-sized onion (very modest, but absolutely fabulous, again) and (it just came out this way) three pickled jalapenos (from my own garden from earlier in the year).

I think onions are a great food and no matter how you eat them, just eat them. They are GOOD for you! Adding a little butter while they are cooking adds another dimension to the salt.

I kind of like fresh watercress. Impossible to find in central Indiana.

I can not think of a singlle food that is not a made up thing or a foreign language usage that starts with an "X"  right now, so I will defer to the more experienced culinary palates to continue this thread.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:23:06 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2016, 12:27:49 PM »
When kids had a cold I would place half an onion next to their bed. A lot of times there would be only brown onion peels left in the morning.

Explain, please.

I have heard of using slices of onion in sport shoes to help control athletees foot, but fevers? 

... or what ever? TELL US MORE.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2016, 12:36:57 AM »
xanthia (a cocktail)

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2016, 03:09:31 AM »

Explain, please.

I have heard of using slices of onion in sport shoes to help control athletees foot, but fevers? 

... or what ever? TELL US MORE.

The sulpher containing ingredients in the onion will help unblocking the nose, by the way the mucus membrane reacts on it. So sleeping is easier.
It's a really old home remedy in the Netherlands.

Teary eyes soften the membrane too, like a saline nasal spray.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2016, 04:20:51 AM »
Great solution if you like waking up smelling like hell's own anal sphincter.

I'd sooner go with locally-acting decongestant nose drops any day than stick my head into the vegetable equivalent of the bowels of satan. I've got way more of that stuff than I need and keep getting given more, since I use xylometazoline drops to counteract the nasal congestion due to taking clonidine and the muscle relaxer I use for the issues coming from the nerve damage in my leg.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:30 AM »
Yellow squash, bleurgh. I had to eat it as a kid. Never again.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »
  Zucchini, except in baked goods.  By itself it's all water.  Waste of butter. :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"