Author Topic: Quite possibly the 2 worst candidates for POTUS.  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: Quite possibly the 2 worst candidates for POTUS.
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2016, 07:48:02 AM »
Yes...quite possible, indeed.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2016, 07:52:07 AM »
It's an indication of the sorry state you are in that someone like Hillary is miles better than the other one in pretty much every way.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2016, 07:56:25 AM »
It's an indication of the sorry state you are in that someone like Hillary is miles better than the other one in pretty much every way.

I know! The Doosh had a rally here last week and this area is loaded with his supporters and her haters. I mean, he is lining his own pockets with campaign contributions by hiring his wn companies to do stuff and they run around saying he can't be bought. No...he's a scam artist, let alone the racist and other shit.

We are fucked...

"Oh Canada...my new home and native land..."
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2016, 11:34:29 AM »

Not sure which world you live in.

Killary is one of the most corrupt and dishonest politicians on earth, she really belongs in Putin's regime.

Trump is just a loudmouthed buffoonish demagogue.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »

Killary is one of the most corrupt and dishonest politicians on earth, she really belongs in Putin's regime.

Hillary has never knocked back a favour for a big enough kickback, nor held a position she was not prepared to kill if it did no longer remain politically advantageous.

I can't get over her helping selling off 25% of US uranium deposits to the Russians.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2016, 12:24:15 PM »

But he already plans and will do far worse than she has done. So you get the loudmouthed buffonery and racism , etc. that then empowers all the racists, etc. to discriminate and hate in addition to him destroying the country, the world economy, and linng his own pockets in the process.

I'm not voting for either, but he represents the worst in humankind.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »

A bigoted, lying demagogue willing to turn your country into a police state. Hillary is an unlikely candidate but she is perfectly capable of doing the job. Trump isn't.

Make no mistake, we have our share of incompetent politicians, but we are nowhere near your current situation. There's also the fact that our idiots have no way of doing as much harm as yours.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2016, 05:19:18 PM »
Deciding on who to vote is complex for me.  The President doesn't wear only one hat.

Deal with friendly foreign nations
Deal with unfriendly foreign nations
Possibly manage a war
Deal with Congress
Manage an economy
Make wise appointments to critical national positions
Deal with natural and terrorist occurrences
etc.

I don't think there's been any president who's been good at everything.  What is important in November 2016 might not be important in November 2018.  It's difficult to make a choice.  Sometimes a liar is the best politician, sometimes arrogance is best.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2016, 07:55:39 PM »

A bigoted, lying demagogue willing to turn your country into a police state. Hillary is an unlikely candidate but she is perfectly capable of doing the job. Trump isn't.

Make no mistake, we have our share of incompetent politicians, but we are nowhere near your current situation. There's also the fact that our idiots have no way of doing as much harm as yours.

We have lots of bombs (and habe used them) and the largest arsenal of military equipment, so...yeah! Pretty fucked up to give the control of a nuclear arsenal to bully who throws temper tamptrums and has the IQ of a cumquat.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2016, 09:58:59 PM »

IS he trying to turn the US into a police state? Big claim. I am guessing like most things, you cannot back this claim up. I bet the very best you can do is some random associations LIKE He wants to deport people who are in US illegally and he does not want to let extremists in. To you I bet that and the dread of what other "crazy things" he is not telling anyone he will do will be enough. It isn't.

Propaganda.

Hey if I am wrong, I look forward to being shown substance. I just feel you have very little substance from which to draw from.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2016, 11:22:32 PM »
IS he trying to turn the US into a police state? Big claim. I am guessing like most things, you cannot back this claim up. I bet the very best you can do is some random associations LIKE He wants to deport people who are in US illegally and he does not want to let extremists in. To you I bet that and the dread of what other "crazy things" he is not telling anyone he will do will be enough. It isn't.

Propaganda.

Hey if I am wrong, I look forward to being shown substance. I just feel you have very little substance from which to draw from.

The first few paragraphs should suffice:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-president-trump-would-threaten-our-constitutional-freedoms/2016/07/13/42b41048-4876-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?utm_term=.61ae643443be

You can either admit that you are wrong or attempt to explain away this.

Or maybe your definition of a police state is different. Hmm. that would explain things.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2016, 02:26:16 AM »

Propaganda.

The first few paragraphs should suffice:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-president-trump-would-threaten-our-constitutional-freedoms/2016/07/13/42b41048-4876-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?utm_term=.61ae643443be

You can either admit that you are wrong or attempt to explain away this.

Or maybe your definition of a police state is different. Hmm. that would explain things.

Absolutely can explain away most of that by two things Donald Trump (as Art of the Deal sets out) is a negotiator. He wants everything out on the table even things that he is not really interested in entertaining. When he concedes the more extreme elements he is left with what he is interested in.

Will Trump interested in rounding up 11 million people? Probably not. He would start with any that have committed crimes and when they are being held in jail use that opportunity to deport them, after having strengthen laws around this. As to illegal immigrants in US doing no crime? They would be on notice. He would tighten regulations to make it difficult for them BUT at the same time someone has to pay for building the wall. His idea of making Mexico pay for it, I understand is predicated on his putting to the Mexican government that illegal immigrants in America contribute billions to the economy in Mexico from payments from America sent back to Mexico by illegal immigrant families (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271455/Revealed-How-immigrants-America-sending-120-BILLION-struggling-families-home.html) . By tightening laws and regulations around this (in terms of required ID and so forth), I understand that he could effectively stem the flow of cash to the point where it may be more beneficial for Mexico to pay for the wall. Now IF this is the case, for this tactic to work, he would NEED a large number of illegal immigrants to remain here.

Politics is about full disclosures or being savvy enough to appear to be fully disclosing everything whilst giving yourself a bit of wiggle room to disavow "misunderstandings". Hardline negotiation requires a different skill set. It requires you to not give anything away and to have everything on the table to barter down to a position that you initially wanted. So I do not imagine for a moment that he wishes to round up 11 million illegal immigrants in the dead of night with guns drawn and door smashed open. But he doesn't want to appear to be backing down from appearing hard on the issue.

He will cut the flow of illegal immigrants to US over the border and the preying of the cartel on the illegal immigrants. He will get rid of illegal immigrants who commit crimes but extraditing them. In doing so he will achieve two things he will both show his supporters that his being tough on illegal immigration is not all hot air and he will dispel Liberal hot air around the police state.

Now as far as Muslim immigration and the constitutionality...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

"(a) Classes of aliens ineligible for visas or admissionExcept as otherwise provided in this chapter, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:.....

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline."

Waterboarding, well it is something that I do not support but is it unconstitutional? I think perhaps even more important is that if US allows that then do they not open the door for others to do it with moral justification. Sure wars should be restricted to killing, wounding and maiming people with bullets, stab wounds concussive and explosive trauma, and shrapnel injuries - not torturing people.

As to whether it could be argued that doing it off US soil which I think was Bush's point, is a different point and I do not know how this challenges the law.

Libel laws are absolutely needing strengthening. I do not think this ought to be a difficult one to consider and it is a false characterisation to say that it is so Trump can sue over things he does not like. It is so everyone will have protection from people lying about them from a position of strengthen and having the person lied about not being able to contest this.

You may not know who Jeremy Glick is. He is the child of someone kill in 9/11. He went on The O'reilly factor touting an unpopular opinion. For which Bill O'Reilly wantonly lied and mischaracterised  and insulted this young man. (Yes it was 13 years ago but it is still a point worth making)

It was not that what Bill O'Reilly did an dhow he treated Glick was immoral, dishonest and nasty. It was all of that but when Glick went to a lawyer and said "Hey can't I sue O'Reilly?" the response was along the line of "No. The reason is that O'Reilly often reacts in these kinds of crazy ways and you would have a battle proving that HE did not believe what he is saying even though it is patently absurd and extreme and ridiculous". In this instance it was Slander rather than libel but the point is the same.

THAT is the reason for needing to tighten poor laws where the onus on proving the case of libel is so extreme that most victims of libel and slander are having to swallow most of what is cast at them from very powerful media.

Explaining away is not too difficult. I want you in light of what I have said to explain this police state of your fertile imaginings and how this would come to be. Don't simply throw biased propagandist articles at me, explain it....yourself. Back yourself.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »
You're trying to explain away what he has said by quoting others and making your own guesses. Weak. But then, why would you even try? You support the man.

Pay attention to the first few seconds:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-i-will-create-deportation-task-force/2016/08/31/42451fc6-6fea-11e6-993f-73c693a89820_video.html

:popcorn:

You are so useless at this,

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2016, 03:04:46 PM »

A bigoted, lying demagogue willing to turn your country into a police state.

By and large, it already is a police state, that's why I left Cali.

Hillary is an unlikely candidate but she is perfectly capable of doing the job.

This is the bitch who told the FBI 39 times that she can't remember what she did as Secretary of State because of a 2012 concussion.

Either she can't do the job or she's lying out of her ass and is so corrupt that she WON'T do the job.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
You're trying to explain away what he has said by quoting others and making your own guesses. Weak. But then, why would you even try? You support the man.

Pay attention to the first few seconds:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-i-will-create-deportation-task-force/2016/08/31/42451fc6-6fea-11e6-993f-73c693a89820_video.html

:popcorn:

You are so useless at this,

Not really. You make some really strange conclusions.