Educational

Author Topic: drug beginning with Q?  (Read 683 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: drug beginning with Q?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 05:52:59 AM »
If you don't like it you can sell it- it's on the rise as a street drug.

Really why it makes you feel shitty?
That was about my reaction- why the fuck would anyone WANT to be on seroquel?  I guess if you just take it in one dose though it makes you all sleepy and makes alcohol hit harder.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 06:29:28 AM »
Saw a bot looking at this. I didn't take my own advice and started taking Seroquel in 2013 because the hospital doctor told me it would help me sleep. It sure did. The XR version also made me sleepwalk. I also gained 30kgs. I don't take Seroquel anymore as I don't want to gain any more weight and I sleep just fine without it.

Still taking lithium though, which is probably why I am finding it really hard to lose weight now. But I am not gaining more which is a relief.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 08:38:34 AM »
If you don't like it you can sell it- it's on the rise as a street drug.

Really why it makes you feel shitty?
That was about my reaction- why the fuck would anyone WANT to be on seroquel?  I guess if you just take it in one dose though it makes you all sleepy and makes alcohol hit harder.

The sleepy effect wears off after a few weeks. But, those first few weeks it can be there in a scary way. Especially when in a tapering off and on combo with risperidone.
seroquel is the first medication kid of mine will absolutely not forget to take though. It changed the world for her, without the debilitating fatiguing effect that risperidone had on her.
There is a mild weight gain for her, so now she is not underweight anymore.

Remembering threads on seroquel here, I was not happy when it got prescribed to her. Seeing her literally fall asleep on the spot, the first few weeks was very scary. But once she was past that, it has done her lots of good.

Loads of doctors think autistics need antipsychotics. It is autism not psychoticism! So I wouldn't believe your doctor about you being psychotically unwell. She may be just saying that to justify her prescribing you that sort of medication.
In a lower dosage, lots of antipsychotics work as antianxiety medication, when things like citalopram are not enough. Works for lot of people against social anxiety. And it prevents people getting overwhelmed by all kinds of day to day triggers. So makes sense that it is prescribed more often to autistic people. Can imagine that that is why it may help some people with OCD too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 08:39:30 AM »
@ Ren, your story, and mine show how different people can react on the same medication.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 09:08:27 PM »
When I was in hospital and took Seroquel, for the first three days I couldn't get out of bed. It made me very sleepy. Then at home I was only taking it at night before bed and that was ok.

On XR I got up in the night and emptied a shelf of the linen cupboard and put all the towels from there onto the computer chair. When I got up in the morning and saw what I had done, I quickly put everything back before Kayleigh saw what I had done. There were a few other instances where I got up and asked Kayleigh stupid questions, usually about the cat.

Glad I am not taking that anymore. I did ask my GP if I could stop it, he said yes so I did. It also made me hungry all the time, hence the weight gain. I got stretch marks all over because I gained weight fast. 30kgs in about 6 months? Something like that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae