Educational

Author Topic: Prison Break  (Read 522 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Prison Break
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »
And I'm now remembering Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher. Chips, anyone?

Chips, no thank you, not this early in the day.  :M

Ah, yes. The Daily Mail, the little tabloid that could.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 03:29:06 PM »

I did have chips for dinner this evening.
Only fancy it once or twice a year, now was one of those days.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 07:12:24 PM »
The victim’s head was never recovered

All I can think of with that is :zoinks:

DAMN IT!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 11:50:18 PM »

I'm doomed. I had it a few times last month.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 03:54:20 AM »

I'm doomed. I had it a few times last month.

Main thing is to enjoy them when one eats them.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 03:21:50 AM »
I do enjoy them. As a matter of fact, I'm planning on eating chips today.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 08:30:26 AM »
Supposedly there have been sightings of the pair, one sighting now in Pa (Allegheny county).

If they are sticking together, they will end up getting caught.

Rule #1- if you're breaking out of prison with a buddy. Lose the buddy...part ways, and don't tell each other where you're headed.

Rule #2 - you're old life is history, keep it that way. Don't ring up the old girlfriend thinking it might get you some. This means not calling mom to check in (I think she would understand).

Rule #3 - blend in. The whole world is looking for some scared rabbit hiding in a cabin or a hole somewhere. Go to walmart, buy a loaf of bread, some grey hair dye, maybe a cane, smile at the cashier. Make yourself look older, fatter, slower...hot wire the later model pickup or car (not mine, the other one with the dent on the fender), not the new Lexus sitting next to it. Assimilate, and become one of the millions of other people who are invisible in plain sight.

I like to see what mistakes I feel are made that lead to capture.  :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 11:44:53 AM »
Think you are spot on with your list.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 04:27:54 PM »
Yes. The list is perfect.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 04:13:21 AM »
This man knew what he did, and had relatives who could keep a secret.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/daintree-tourism-pioneer-dennis-lee-lafferty-was-us-fugitive-raymond-grady-stansel-jnr/story-fntwpug1-1227410134713
Daintree tourism pioneer Dennis ‘Lee’ Lafferty was US fugitive Raymond Grady Stansel Jnr

Dennis “Lee” Lafferty died in this crash north of Mossman last month.

HE was known as a gentleman conservationist, but this much-loved fixture of Daintree tourism can now be revealed as an infamous American fugitive – a big-time dope smuggler who once faked his own death.

But the incredible past of Dennis “Lee” Lafferty appears to have done little to lessen the respect he earned over 40 years as a tourism operator and environmentalist in Port Douglas.

Lee died for the second time last month, killed after his ute hit a tree on the Mossman Daintree Rd. Three days after his death, a US journalist contacted his wife Janet with details on his true identity.

The man who once spent a week coaxing a frightened and abandoned puppy from the forest has been confirmed as “soldier of fortune” Raymond Grady Stansel Jnr, indicted in a US court in 1974 for smuggling 12 tonne of marijuana.

Stansel was a Florida fisherman who allegedly moved tonnes of marijuana by boat – often hiding it under freshly caught fish – to a barn where it was stored then distributed.

He was arrested, along with more than a dozen others, after authorities discovered millions of dollars worth of the drug in a raid on the Florida barn.

The owner of the barn later had his conviction thrown out after a court ruled the seizure of the drugs was illegal.

Local reports claim Stansel was found with $25,000 cash, the receipts for two $25,000 Rolex watches, unused cheques from a Swiss bank account and a passport showing he’d been in 12 countries during the previous month.

A friend claimed he’d boasted of making $7 million over seven years but continued smuggling “for the thrill”. When a young friend got into legal trouble, he apparently gave her a shopping bag full of money to hire a lawyer.

In 1974, a grand jury indicted Stansel for smuggling the marijuana and he was released after posting $500,000 in bail.

But the following January, when he failed to appear at his trial, Stansel’s lawyer said he had drowned in a diving accident off Honduras.

“Our position is that he did not drown,” Hillsborough County Assistant State Attorney Michael Foster told the court.

He was right. Instead, Stansel, and his then girlfriend Janet Wood, sailed to Venezuela before flying to a series of destinations, eventually settling in North Queensland.

For 40 years, he built a reputation as a gentleman, environmentalist and nature lover.

He established and operated Daintree River Cruise Centre for 28 years. He died on May 26 a much-loved father and member of the Port Douglas community.

A video posted on a friend’s Facebook page showed a man with gentle hands releasing a tiny Blossom Bat he’d found tangled in barbed wire.

“That video, to me, demonstrates the soul of the man,” said Janet, who married Lee before they arrived in Australia.

Lee, a marine biologist, gained the respect of academics who visited him often to cruise the river by his side.

Janet told The Courier-Mail she was contacted by a US journalist three days after the crash asking for confirmation that Lee was in fact Stansel.

She said journalist Lucy Morgan, who had covered Stansel’s escape in the 70s, had received a tip-off six months earlier with his name, location and “many particular details of Lee Lafferty in Australia”.

“Lucy requested an interview with me and after consultation with my family, we decided it best to co-operate, thereby assisting the story of 40 productive, positive years Lee had lived observing, learning and then conserving the environment of his beloved Daintree River,” Janet said.

“Lee earned the respect of the community, botanists, biologists, bird watchers and all his customers as he passionately cruised the river, sharing and teaching and spotting wildlife no-one else could see without his patient coaching.

“He was brilliant. Lee was a good man, a good father to our children and partner. We will miss him.”

Douglas Shire Council Mayor Julia Leu said her, and the community’s, position on Lee would not change.

“For all of us here in the Daintree, it’s certainly news to us,” she said. “I believe we’ll continue to remember him as a gentleman, a pioneer of the tourism industry and someone who was loved by his staff.”

Think that to succeed you have to change your whole life. If you succeed in becoming a good citizen, the outcome is better than it would have been in prison.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 04:52:49 AM »
Australians were born of convict stock. We do certainly know that many of the early pioneers of commerce were either convicts themselves or children of convicts
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 07:29:47 AM »
Dennis got it right. :thumbup:

Re-invent yourself.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 06:41:28 PM »
Australians were born of convict stock.

Americans are born from the wretched refuse of teeming shores.  :viking:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »
One down...one left.

Malone, New York (CNN)—Convicted murderer David Sweat remained on the lam Saturday, with hundreds of heavily armed officers searching vehicles at roadblocks and scouring the dense woods in upstate New York for the now lone escaped inmate.

His prison break partner Richard Matt, also a convicted murderer, was shot dead Friday, one day after his 49th birthday. He was armed.

Since Sweat and Matt broke out of the maximum security prison in Dannemora together -- and appeared to stick together on their flight from the law -- authorities were hopeful they could be right on Sweat's heels after encountering Matt.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/new-york-prison-break/index.html

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 02:53:58 PM »
Mr. Matt gave away his position when the convicted murderer chose to start firing a gun in the middle of the afternoon, during the hunting off-season.  Just before 2 p.m., Matt took aim at a camper and fired, New York State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D'Amico told reporters late Friday. "They thought maybe they had a flat. They got out; they realized they didn't have a flat," D’Amico said.  The campers continued until they reached their campsite eight miles down the road, at which point "they examined the trailer that they were towing and realized that there was a bullet hole through the back of the camper," D'Amico said.

The driver called the police, who then searched a cabin near the road where the camper had been shot at.
  Link

What an idiot they didn't even see him, even if they did  if he had just kept his cool they most likely would have thought him just another camper
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw