Educational

Author Topic: Prison Break  (Read 523 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Prison Break
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »
Two convicted murderers escape from New York max-security prison using power tools and tunneling; leave 'have a nice day' note

In a sensational “Shawshank Redemption”-style prison break, a pair of cunning convicted murderers used power tools and tunnels to escape an upstate maximum-security penitentiary near the Canadian border.

A massive manhunt was underway Saturday after killers Richard Matt, 48, and David Sweat, 34, were discovered missing from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, about 25 miles from Canada, officials said.

The inmates made their extraordinary dash to freedom after faking out guards with makeshift dummies made out of hooded sweatshirts to appear as if they were still sleeping inside their cells. And once officials discovered they were gone, they found a note from convicts telling them to "Have a nice day!"
  Link 

Interesting I wonder how much outside help they got and who got paid off, still a remarkable story and you have to love the note :green: 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Prison Break
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 02:21:35 PM »
:GA:
:gopher:

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »
 :apondering:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »
"Maximum Security" and "power tools".  One of these things seems to be incorrect.  :apondering:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
Was thinking about posting this. :LOL:

Part of me actually hopes they get away with it and can't be found...another part of me wonders what Richard Matt did for a living and who his boss was.

David Sweat, 34, was serving a sentence of life without parole for the 2002 killing of a sheriff's deputy. Richard Matt, 48, had been sentenced to 25 years to life for kidnapping, killing and dismembering his former boss in 1997.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »
another part of me wonders what Richard Matt did for a living and who his boss was.

Rickerson was 76 at the time of his disappearance. His son last spoke to him in the early evening of Dec. 4, 1997, and investigators say he was kidnapped later that night by Matt and Bates.

Matt had worked for Rickerson at his food distribution business, before being fired for stealing and other work-related issues. He reportedly believed that Rickerson kept a large sum of money at his house and that’s what led he and Bates to the home.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/news/local_news/niagara-county-murder-suspect-returned-from-mexico/article_9474d31b-018d-5c75-a98e-af22494811ab.html

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »
Was thinking about posting this. :LOL:

Part of me actually hopes they get away with it and can't be found...another part of me wonders what Richard Matt did for a living and who his boss was.

David Sweat, 34, was serving a sentence of life without parole for the 2002 killing of a sheriff's deputy. Richard Matt, 48, had been sentenced to 25 years to life for kidnapping, killing and dismembering his former boss in 1997.

I for one can feel some sympathy for Richard Matt. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
another part of me wonders what Richard Matt did for a living and who his boss was.

Rickerson was 76 at the time of his disappearance. His son last spoke to him in the early evening of Dec. 4, 1997, and investigators say he was kidnapped later that night by Matt and Bates.

Matt had worked for Rickerson at his food distribution business, before being fired for stealing and other work-related issues. He reportedly believed that Rickerson kept a large sum of money at his house and that’s what led he and Bates to the home.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/news/local_news/niagara-county-murder-suspect-returned-from-mexico/article_9474d31b-018d-5c75-a98e-af22494811ab.html

Spoilsport. :P

I preferred to think he was an IT consultant fed up with his situation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 05:26:37 PM »

I preferred to think he was an IT consultant fed up with his situation.

I had one I used to fantasize about killing...or at least shoving her head in an oven and slamming the door on it a couple of times.

Working in 90 degree heat in a bakery with broken AC over two 350 degree ovens all day with a bitch from hell that would not shut up from the time she hit the door, and didn't know what hell she was doing...

Funny how the strangest thoughts can pop into your mind sometimes. :autism:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 05:39:52 PM »
In January 1998, a man and a boy walking along the Niagara River off Fisherman’s Park made the grisly discovery of the headless, legless torso of what appeared to be an elderly man. Several weeks later, police divers found two legs in about 20 feet of water near Tonawanda Island.

DNA testing has confirmed that the torso and legs are Rickerson. The victim’s head was never recovered.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 12:21:07 AM »
My fantasy about a fed-up IT consultant was less gory.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »
The victim’s head was never recovered

All I can think of with that is :zoinks:

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
:laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 12:48:38 AM »
And I'm now remembering Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher. Chips, anyone?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »
And I'm now remembering Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher. Chips, anyone?

Chips, no thank you, not this early in the day.  :M
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!