Author Topic: Nothing worth mentioning is happening in Baltimore Maryland.  (Read 356 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Nothing worth mentioning is happening in Baltimore Maryland.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 06:22:19 PM »
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,23089.0.html
It's not stupid people; it's very intelligent people, paving the road to a nationalized police force.

Which would be a horrible idea the only people who would benefit are the feds and at the expense of the states and local governments.
Nationalizing the police would make law enforcement personnel simply another government branch of armed services; like another military force but with a different focus. Right now, the government might have a difficult time imposing martial law on the entire country, though no so with a national police having standardized training and directives of the federal government. Good idea or bad, do see it happening regardless and the platform of racial tension is an extremely intelligent way to promote the first stages. First start with the most dissatisfied, then it will take a different turn with the media not only focusing on police brutality of minorities, but rather misconduct in general, to affect the attitudes of the rest of the public. The current administration's agenda of a national police standard isn't a new idea, but the actual implementation certainly is new. Something clicked for me yesterday. About a month ago, was thinking to myself, haven't noticed a traffic cop in months. The ones who sit by the side of the road with their radar going, the ones who patrol around neighborhoods and business areas just patrolling, the ones with the random person pulled over on the side of the road for whatever reason, haven't seen one in months, not one. That's the contact and perspective the general public have with the police, as serving the purpose of monitoring the public, watching and waiting to catch someone doing some petty something wrong. Thinking the tides are turning.

It's not just the imposition of martial law that would be easier, but any type of federal law or regulations  that the states don't want to take the time an money to enforce could be fast tracked at the whim of who ever is in power.  Federal law enforcement could be ordered to make pot arrests in states where it was legal then prosecute under federal law.  As to the argument that it would help with any of the racial or brutality problems I just don't see how, it would still be the same cops and unions just different bosses who would not be under direct control of the local governments.  Adding additional bureaucracy only tends to make things worse except for the box checking pencil pushing bureaucrats
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 06:52:48 PM »
As to the argument that it would help with any of the racial or brutality problems I just don't see how,
Absolutely agree, just saying it's a brilliant and ingenious public manipulation tactic. That level of government control is scary and easy to see the negative for the average citizen and city/state governments. Though don't see as being able to do anything other than observe and think about conspiracies and how interesting it is such large numbers of people are swept along by such things. The magnitude of idea is almost mind boggling to me. It's creating an enormous armed government force with almost no real cost or work; it already exist, it's already manned, armed, and fully operating; just a matter of implementing the standardizations and levels of control; just a matter of dangling grant money in front of mayors; mayors sign up and that makes it the public's choosing. There seems to be an underlying goal to raise the public respect of police officers to equal that of soldiers, trusted and honored protectors and servers, and the general public will think it's all grand as long as they don't come knocking on the door. Can you see it, Parts? 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »
As to the argument that it would help with any of the racial or brutality problems I just don't see how,
Absolutely agree, just saying it's a brilliant and ingenious public manipulation tactic. That level of government control is scary and easy to see the negative for the average citizen and city/state governments. Though don't see as being able to do anything other than observe and think about conspiracies and how interesting it is such large numbers of people are swept along by such things. The magnitude of idea is almost mind boggling to me. It's creating an enormous armed government force with almost no real cost or work; it already exist, it's already manned, armed, and fully operating; just a matter of implementing the standardizations and levels of control; just a matter of dangling grant money in front of mayors; mayors sign up and that makes it the public's choosing. There seems to be an underlying goal to raise the public respect of police officers to equal that of soldiers, trusted and honored protectors and servers, and the general public will think it's all grand as long as they don't come knocking on the door. Can you see it, Parts?

Yes I see it , it's been going on for awhile 911 gave it a huge push making them all  'heroes' even if all they ever did was write parking tickets for twenty years then retired.  I have also noticed  grant money showing up locally too,  after reading a story about money being given out to enforce the texting while driving laws I have noticed cops have been sitting near the end of my street looking down the main road with binoculars trying to catch people.  Also notice how most new cop cars all have the same look it's due to the requirements of the Homeland security grants that helped pay for them.  There is a lot of interesting stuff in Radley Balko's column in the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/radley-balko
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 10:23:01 PM »

Yes I see it , it's been going on for awhile 911 gave it a huge push making them all  'heroes' even if all they ever did was write parking tickets for twenty years then retired.  I have also noticed  grant money showing up locally too,  after reading a story about money being given out to enforce the texting while driving laws I have noticed cops have been sitting near the end of my street looking down the main road with binoculars trying to catch people.  Also notice how most new cop cars all have the same look it's due to the requirements of the Homeland security grants that helped pay for them.  There is a lot of interesting stuff in Radley Balko's column in the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/radley-balko
What makes it seem the most unavoidable, now that it's started, is the idea doesn't have a political slant in either direction. Could see it as appealing to any party in power, and certain to be perpetuated by any president in the next election. It can't be promoted as a racial issue forever though. It makes sense to believe there's negative racial bias in law enforcement, but crime statistics also make it sensible to understand why that's the case. So the white cop can't be the bad guy forever, in order for the idea to work for everyone, it has to be the police in general, and there's probably a lot more of that to come in the media. That's why that task force paper only touches on the issue of minorities a little bit, it's more about happy joy-joy improving community relationships with law officials and citizen. Look at the angry unhappy people, look at what this hand is doing, while the other hand builds an insurmountable army. I can lead a nation with a microphone~Flobots