Author Topic: Randomocity  (Read 4880 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Randomocity
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2015, 02:42:38 AM »
 :plus:

If it works, good for you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:29 PM »
:plus:

If it works, good for you.

Thanks.

Oddly, there may be an issue that could possibly interfere with any satisfaction I might take enjoying my "manly fashion statement." 

As it grows in more fully (I think it looks great and I want to keep it, but ...) in my peripheral vision I can SEE it. Sometimes when I look down, I am startled because I think I am about to trip over something, but it is only that I can see my beard.

:GA:
Strange feeling to almost trip over something that turns out to be connected to ones face.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2015, 05:51:57 AM »
http://mashable.com/2015/05/04/poop-beards-study/

Don't read any further if you love your whiskers.

Despite those who take great pride in their facial hair, no amount of grooming can overcome the dirty truth of science. Your beard may contain the same bacteria found in poop, according to a recent study.

See also: The Best Type of Beard for Your Face

Local news station KOAT 7 put facial hair hygiene to the test in a study performed by Quest Diagnostics in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The laboratory took swabs of a handful of volunteer beards and tested them for cleanliness. The results did not bode well for our bearded brethren.

Though some of the samples contained a lot of bacteria that's considered normal, the others were comparable to toilets. John Golobic, a microbiologist for Quest Diagnostics, told KOAT 7 that the lab results revealed the same kind of bacteria "you'd find in (fecal matter)." However, a much larger sample size would be necessary to confirm that the average beard is as dirty as a toilet.

The bacteria revealed won't cause any illnesses, unless you count the kind where you fall ill from locking lips with a toilet. Regardless, it will certainly make potential kissers think twice before smooching some stubble.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2015, 04:25:21 AM »
 :zoinks:

I can see how some people, who are unhygienic from the start can become colonized by bacteria. I am not one of those, however. I bathe every day and scrub my hands often, most especially after using the toilet. Fairly certain I am not introducing bacteria from my anus to my face.

I understand that hair on any part of the body can sport all kinds of infectious pathogens. Hair is warm, absorbent, moist especially close to skin and if one does not practice good hygiene in general, the most likely place to find bacteria, considering that people can not help but constantly handle their hair, IS their hair.

The subject of unclean folds of the body and the dangers of NOT keeping them cleaned very often, we can save for another time.
 :blah:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2015, 06:10:58 AM »
people, who are unhygienic
That was my line of thinking too, the test group of 'a small handful of volunteer beards'. If it's really a common problem with facial hair, then it's a problem with hair on head as well.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2015, 06:16:21 AM »
That was my line of thinking too, the test group of 'a small handful of volunteer beards'. If it's really a common problem with facial hair, then it's a problem with hair on head as well.

IIRC there have been tests on lots of things in bathrooms. No matter how far away from the toilet bowl, as long as it is not as hard and smooth as porcelain or chrome, it will be covered with faecal bacteria.

So, it will be in lots of places you don't want it. Probably in clothing and all kinds of hair and on various spaces of skin. Washing hands thoroughly is what you can do. Because hands are everywhere.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2015, 06:18:50 AM »
Have not been keeping my toothbrushes in the bathroom for years now. Not directly because of those tests on faecal bacteria. But that was a reason not to have them back in the bathroom.

I lived in houses with no toilet in the bathing room most of my life. I liked that a whole lot better. Alas, that is not the case in this house.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2015, 06:51:22 AM »

Yup, any hair is subject to becoming colonized by bacteria,  I am sure. I can only barely imagine how terribly filthy some of the hair on long haired people can tend to be. I have a "nose like a dog" so to speak in terms of some of my sensory issues and I can often smell people (including their hair) from five or ten feet away. I hold my breath and walk away at ninety degree angles, as if I was avoiding a tornado.

:poo:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2015, 07:06:18 AM »
Have not been keeping my toothbrushes in the bathroom for years now. Not directly because of those tests on faecal bacteria. But that was a reason not to have them back in the bathroom.

I lived in houses with no toilet in the bathing room most of my life. I liked that a whole lot better. Alas, that is not the case in this house.

The issue is; just how "airborne"  can things like E. coli become in an environment of super high humidity.

In our house both toilets are in little cubby spaces and I have taught my kids to always close the toilet before flushing. NONE of this typical bullshit about just putting the seat down for the girls, which seems to be the first fight between a man and a woman attempting to co-habitate. I have taught everyone, including MY WIFE to close the damn thing entirely before flushing, not just continue to expect the seat to be down every time she goes in there. It should always be closed!

Not sure how much it helps, but at least some of the "spray" from flushing is not sent directly into the air. I think the little cubby space enclosed around the toilets helps as well.

Seriously, though, how long can E. coli live in a "room temperature"  environment, assuming that it has not hitched a ride on a warm, moist, filthy human being? I suspect, much longer than we would be comfortable knowing.

:tinfoil:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2015, 07:20:31 AM »

The issue is; just how "airborne"  can things like E. coli become in an environment of super high humidity.

In our house both toilets are in little cubby spaces and I have taught my kids to always close the toilet before flushing. NONE of this typical bullshit about just putting the seat down for the girls, which seems to be the first fight between a man and a woman attempting to co-habitate. I have taught everyone, including MY WIFE to close the damn thing entirely before flushing, not just continue to expect the seat to be down every time she goes in there. It should always be closed!

Not sure how much it helps, but at least some of the "spray" from flushing is not sent directly into the air. I think the little cubby space enclosed around the toilets helps as well.

Seriously, though, how long can E. coli live in a "room temperature"  environment, assuming that it has not hitched a ride on a warm, moist, filthy human being? I suspect, much longer than we would be comfortable knowing.

:tinfoil:

But still, the human race is not extinct. And most E. coli bacteria we can deal with. There are these few really nasty ones.
Does not mean that we should not take hygiene serious, just that there is no need to panic.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »
I somehow ended up on photos of tattoos of kids drawings.  :orly:

:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2015, 04:18:49 PM »
I somehow ended up on photos of tattoos of kids drawings.  :orly:

That is really creative :)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2015, 07:47:07 PM »
I think Matthew's dinosaur is especially good.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2015, 12:51:59 AM »
I think Matthew's dinosaur is especially good.  :orly:
Yes, that was the best. I was debating whether it was a praying mantis or a crocodile. Dinosaur is probably what it is.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2015, 03:32:59 AM »
That's *different*.

:GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein