Educational

Author Topic: European cowardice against foreign (immigrants) rapists - PC at its best...  (Read 8246 times)

Litigious

Re: European cowardice against foreign (immigrants) rapists - PC at its best...
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »
Because most are--those of us without the racist tendencies don't consider a coloured face on TV to be a problem.

No, I asked why there are more people of foreign origin on TV than out in the real world.

Quote from: odeon

The debate isn't forbidden--you are free to start one without fear of persecution (another reason to why many refugees come here). We, on the other hand, are free to ignore you. Ain't democracy and free speech great?

I would get jail for saying in public that most gang rapists are of foreign origin, even if it's true. Sweden doesn't have freedom of speech. The US have, though.

Oh, and I'd love to see some (serious) statistics on your claims.

Count. You can count the number of people of foreign origin on TV. About 1 person of 5 in Sweden is a foreigner, not 5 of 10 or 4 of 6.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 04:11:00 PM by Litigious »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »
Actually, it helps more if you tell us what you quote. Your post wasn't immediately after Dragoon's--in fact, there were no less than seven posts between your post, and Dragoon's. Good attributions are necessary if you want to achieve believability.

It also helps to have a point.

My point was that for people who aren't blindfolded  by politically correctness, it's obvious that some minorities are over-represented by certain crimes and that there are some people who share my opinion on the right to self-defence worth it's name.

It's not about political correctness, Litigious, it's about respect for other people. I think it's sad that you don't understand it.

i have always believed that you must give respect if you expect to recieve respect.  but that goes both ways.
one can sit by idly all day long and watch events in horror, and then give respect to the disrespectful to their faces.  however, i choose to call people out if i think they are wrong.
for instance; many muslims in sweden appear to be incorrect, if not politically but in the respect sense of the word.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2006, 05:12:50 PM »
<Watching Ricky Gervais take this piss out of political correctness.>
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2006, 06:22:30 PM »
Because most are--those of us without the racist tendencies don't consider a coloured face on TV to be a problem.

No, I asked why there are more people of foreign origin on TV than out in the real world.

Why do you ask? Given your earlier posts, your question isn't exactly innocent.

Quote from: Litigious

The debate isn't forbidden--you are free to start one without fear of persecution (another reason to why many refugees come here). We, on the other hand, are free to ignore you. Ain't democracy and free speech great?

I would get jail for saying in public that most gang rapists are of foreign origin, even if it's true. Sweden doesn't have freedom of speech. The US have, though.

Cheap rhetorics, and you know it. You are perfectly free to say it in public, without fearing jail. You do need to have some statistics handy, though, or have a libel case in your hands. Oh, and the US have libel laws, too.

As for freedom of speech and the US, have a look at the Patriot Act.

Oh, and I'd love to see some (serious) statistics on your claims.

Count. You can count the number of people of foreign origin on TV. About 1 person of 5 in Sweden is a foreigner, not 5 of 10 or 4 of 6.

:LMAO:

Surely, you can't be serious? Have you kept score? Throughout the programming of half a dozen Swedish channels, or more, depending on exactly what you count as Swedish television? Simultaneously? How, exactly, do you go about this?

Admit that your statement is pure speculation, or show me some statistics. Don't bother if the above is all you can offer, 'cause it's laughable.

I can see why you prefer not to go public with this, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2006, 06:24:20 PM »
If the guys in charge feel really secure that multiculture is the best thing, why don't they let the people decide whether they want it or not?

They do let the people decide. It's called "election". Guess what? You lost.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2006, 06:45:06 PM »
Why do you ask? Given your earlier posts, your question isn't exactly innocent.

If that's done on purpose, and I can't see how it isn't, the ones who did it aren't exactly innocent either.

Cheap rhetorics, and you know it. You are perfectly free to say it in public, without fearing jail. You do need to have some statistics handy, though, or have a libel case in your hands. Oh, and the US have libel laws, too.

It's not cheap rhetorics. It's not a libel case saying it about an entire ethnic group (even if statistically proven), it's a "hatecrime". Yes, the US have libel laws, but not for ethnic groups but for individuals. The Patriot Act doesn't restrict what you might say about crimes amongst minorities, does it?

Surely, you can't be serious? Have you kept score? Throughout the programming of half a dozen Swedish channels, or more, depending on exactly what you count as Swedish television? Simultaneously? How, exactly, do you go about this?

Admit that your statement is pure speculation, or show me some statistics. Don't bother if the above is all you can offer, 'cause it's laughable.

No, it's easy. About 20% of the population are immigrants. When there was an article in the paper of a kindergarten in my neighbourhood, where the immigrant ratio is much lower than nationwide, for example, there were 6 girls on a picture. 4 of them were of Middle Eastern origin and were standing in the foreground. And that's not a single coincidence. That can be seen all the time in newspapers and on TV.

Why should I go public with this? No one cares. Otherwise, this would have been brought up by someone else long time ago.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 06:48:09 PM by Litigious »

Litigious

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2006, 06:46:50 PM »
If the guys in charge feel really secure that multiculture is the best thing, why don't they let the people decide whether they want it or not?

No, we all did. Maybe you'll understand that in 10 or 20 years.

Litigious

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2006, 06:58:39 PM »
There are links to BRÃ…:s statistics about this on Fjordman's blog, by the way. Unfortunately, they want you to pay for this report: http://www.bra.se/extra/search/?limit_textfields=&mod=&module_instance=2&boolean=and&action=search&search_string=a+&none=&config_fields=&config_year=

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »

It's not cheap rhetorics. It's not a libel case saying it about an entire ethnic group (even if statistically proven), it's a "hatecrime". Yes, the US have libel laws, but not for ethnic groups but for individuals. The Patriot Act doesn't restrict what you might say about crimes amongst minorities, does it?

Regarding the Patriot Act: We were talking about freedom of speech. I've set my comment about it in bold, above.

The "hate crimes" you're talking about deal with something else entirely. I maintain that you are indeed free to say what you want, and that you are using cheap rhetorics. Cheap because you don't actually reference specific laws or even cases, you just comment on what you assume will happen. You postulate that you will go to jail, and from that, you build your "case" stating that Sweden lacks freedom of speech.

I'm not buying it, and I doubt that anyone else will, either.

As for this:

Yes, the US have libel laws, but not for ethnic groups but for individuals.

You'd better have a look at some of the class action suits in the US in later years.

No, it's easy. About 20% of the population are immigrants. When there was an article in the paper of a kindergarten in my neighbourhood, where the immigrant ratio is much lower than nationwide, for example, there were 6 girls on a picture. 4 of them were of Middle Eastern origin and were standing in the foreground. And that's not a single coincidence. That can be seen all the time in newspapers and on TV.

Why should I go public with this? No one cares. Otherwise, this would have been brought up by someone else long time ago.

It's either that, no-one cares (which probably means that the majority are more open-minded than you are), or that you've simply gotten it all wrong.

To prove your assumption about the over-exposure of foreigners on national media, you bring up one newspaper article? You don't tell us what it was about, why that particular kindergarten was displayed, what the immigrant/Swede ratio was, etc, etc, etc. I wanted proof, statistics, anything. Surely, you can at least offer some statistics from an SD demographic? Did you check the other pictures in that newspaper? What were those articles about? Etc.

You feared our supposed lack of free speech, but now you won't speak your mind because nobody cares? Try to be consistent.

No, we all did. Maybe you'll understand that in 10 or 20 years.

The people decided, they cared, you lost. Face it. There's nothing to be afraid of.

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »
I'm sure you haven't even looked on Fjordman's blog or his links. He's probably not a nazi, since he's got Jewish friends in the Netherlands collecting most of his articles.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »
http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02/muslim-rape-epidemic-in-sweden-and.html

I'm sorry, but nowhere in this article can I find statistics on the ethnicity of rapes in Sweden. There's some for Denmark and Norway, but nothing for Sweden. There is the mentioning of a well-published, and brutal, case on four foreign men and a 13-yo girl in Motala, but no statistics. Fjordman extrapolates from Denmark and Norway.

I'm sure you haven't even looked on Fjordman's blog or his links. He's probably not a nazi, since he's got Jewish friends in the Netherlands collecting most of his articles.

Of course I've looked at his blog. I just don't buy his skewed use of statistics by extrapolation as readily as you do. And no, I don't think he's a nazi. He is, however, a bigot and most likely a racist, and if you read some of his material, you'll find that he considers being Muslim a disease, supports isolating Muslims at universities and in business, and generally uses an argumentation akin to the Nazi propaganda against the Jews in the twenties and early thirties. I don't really consider his opinions worthy of a serious discussion.

However, he does scare me. Won't you be sorry when people like him turn their attention to those evil, criminal, Asperger's sufferers and their apologists?

Here's a blog that brings down Fjordman. I don't agree with everything he says but it's interesting, nevertheless. In particular, do read some of the comments... http://eteraz.wordpress.com/2006/09/05/fjordmans-tired-tropes/

And speaking of freedom of speech in America: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15983.htm

Finally, documenting islamophobia: http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2006, 12:47:50 PM »
Concerning islamophobia, muslims seem to do themselves absolutely no favours when it comes to people's perceptions of them.  People didn't just wake up one day as islamophobes, and events such as the muslim responses to the Danish cartoons can only reaffirm people's beliefs about them.  If that sort of violence and chaos can come from a handful of poorly drawn cartoons in an obscure Danish newspaper, what carnage would have resulted if The Life of Brian had been about Muhammed, rather than Jesus?  It's like they set out to prove our worst fears about them, so that when someone published some cartoons to test the muslim reaction, that reaction was "You insult our religion?  YOU DIE!!!"; not exactly something that instills confidence that people's fears were unfounded.

Some pictures of the muslim protests after the Danish cartoons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

On February 4, 2006, the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Syria were set ablaze, though with no injuries. In Beirut, the Danish Embassy was set on fire,[44] leaving one protester dead.[45] Altogether, at least 139 people were killed in protests,[46] mainly in Nigeria, Libya, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Several death threats and reward offers for killing those responsible for the cartoons have been made,[47] resulting in the cartoonists going into hiding.[48]. Four ministers have resigned amidst the controversy, among them Roberto Calderoli and Laila Freivalds.[49] In India, Haji Yaqoob Qureishi, a minister in Uttar Pradesh state government announced in February 2006 a cash reward of Rs 51 crore (roughly about US$11 million) for anyone who beheads the Danish cartoonist who caricatured Prophet Mohammad.

Not great PR for the 'muslims are peaceful and misunderstood' camp.  (On a side note, notice how all those placards from the london protest look the same?  Guess someone set up a stall or something, kind of like how all those Danish flags conveniently turned up around the world for crowds to burn.)  I'm sure that the majority are perfectly peaceful, but muslims seem to have a sizable hardcore contingent, ready and willing to take extreme measures against critics of their religion and culture, and that, to me, is cause enough for concern.  If any other group behaved this way, I'd be worried by them too.  Perhaps I'm mistaken, and muslims really are no worse than any other group; I'm entirely open to the possibility, but I've seen no evidence so far that that's the case.

Btw, how many people heard about the painting "Imitation of Christ", where Jesus was depicted surrounded by gay men engaged in sexual acts?  Anybody recall the reaction it produced?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imitation_of_Christ_(painting)
http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2006/s1565242.htm
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2006, 12:59:09 PM »
Those paintings were actually made by a Swedish artist, if we think about the same paintings. There were some lame protests, but nothing at all compared with the reactions on the drawings in Jyllandsposten. No death threats against the artist as far as anyone knows. Not even extreme Christian fundamentalists in midwestern US or the Catholic church protested as far as I know.

Scrapheap

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2006, 01:18:11 PM »
Concerning islamophobia, muslims seem to do themselves absolutely no favours when it comes to people's perceptions of them.  People didn't just wake up one day as islamophobes, and events such as the muslim responses to the Danish cartoons can only reaffirm people's beliefs about them.  If that sort of violence and chaos can come from a handful of poorly drawn cartoons in an obscure Danish newspaper, what carnage would have resulted if The Life of Brian had been about Muhammed, rather than Jesus?  It's like they set out to prove our worst fears about them, so that when someone published some cartoons to test the muslim reaction, that reaction was "You insult our religion?  YOU DIE!!!"; not exactly something that instills confidence that people's fears were unfounded.

Some pictures of the muslim protests after the Danish cartoons:

:agreed: