Educational

Author Topic: What do you eat for Christmas, you punks?  (Read 2013 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What do you eat for Christmas, you punks?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 03:22:15 PM »
We eat a lot of turkey. Not just for the holidays, either, but all year long at different times. I made one for Easter and Thanksgiving, of course, but four others this year, also.

For Christmas, we usually have ham, then New Year's feast we have pork tenderloin. Last New Year's, we had a beef ribeye roast, but I don't do well with beef as I used to ... delicious, but hard to digest. Other red meats are fine, but not beef.

This year's Christmas dinner will be baked, sugar cured ham, augratin potatoes, candied yams, green bean and mushroom casserole, cranberry muffins, fresh baked whole wheat bread, then for dessert, fruit salad, apple pie, pumpklin pie, banana cream pie, (everyone gets their favorite!) I make the pies and muffins the day before, bread is from a bread machine (yes, I still use one) and everything else happens that morning. My wife will help with the main meal preparation, since she rarely gets to cook, anymore ... her still working and me being a "kept man" and all. :laugh:

We may be po' but we eats good an' we has comfy beds ... an' good tunes ...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:26:25 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 03:57:09 PM »
Here's to all us "kept" men! :laugh:  My wife is an excellent cook, but, her time and energy are limited as the "breadwinner".  So I do most of it.  But, when she does get to cook, she throws me out of the kitchen.  Like tonite, she's making homemade Maine style clam chowder. :green:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »

I used to think I was doing her a favor by doing all the cooking and so forth, but I have learned that to leave some of the 'fun' for her to do. I'm actually a more well rounded cook, but she has her specialities that should be world famous, by now, but I'm not telling anyone.

I love Maine style chowders!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 04:13:02 PM »
Beef Tenderloin aka Filet Mignon for the wife and myself, veal filet for Amber (she's not into the steak thing, but, loves veal), rice, squash, green beans or asparagus.  Dessert is Yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting.

As for Turkey, I don't like it, it takes too long to cook as opposed to a roasting chicken and the chicken tastes better (to me).  I can't even remember the last time I had turkey for the holidaze.

I should go up to Maine for Christmas. ;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 04:17:22 PM »
I forgot to mention earlier, I'm going to try to make tamales again, this year. I've tried several times and there's always something, not quite right, about the texture of the massa. I hope that the old wives tale, that you must be a grandma to make good tamales, is not true. I do enough fooling Mother Nature, as it is.  :laugh:

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 04:26:49 PM »
My mom is like that too Carla, she thinks most Itallians are lieing cheating stealers.  Its mainly because of her x husband, and maybe something to do with trauma.  She never got dx with a trauma disorder.  Yeah, so instead I live out her traumas including her bipolar disorder.  The thing is, I can stop acting bipolar, unlike my  mom.  Its just a defective coping strategy to make everyone who is stimulating  my trauma stop, and  the people at south shore said the same thing.  I truly agree with that too. My mom is cause so I must identify with my captor.  My captor is my mom.  I am exaggerating, but trauma is so tough.  I would be called that, however, when being traumatized by a hostage situation.  I act like my mom when I date, along the lines of cock tease.  I am much nicer than her.  Oh god I am natural, a person who lacks experience and is good at it.
took the extra o out of t

Baked ham.. gross!  Too salty! Its Bad for one's health and its just gross with too much salt

I used the right form of to.. so ha hah.  I tried this time, so STFU!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:37:07 PM by fluorescent »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 04:29:41 PM »
People need to stop dissing Italians.  :grrr: I'm only 1/4 Italian, but still...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »

Baked ham.. gross!  Too salty! Its Bad for one's health and its just gross with too much salt

We're baking a sugar cured ham ... not salty. Either way, I think it's more the other preservatives (nitrites?) that may collect in the liver, too long.

Go ahead and clue me.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 04:58:51 PM »
People need to stop dissing Italians.  :grrr: I'm only 1/4 Italian, but still...

One fourth is more than enough to cause you to be hot blooded. I will have to remember that trait of yours. My Italian is only one eighth and it's tempered nicely with a mongrel mix of many other European ethnicities.

*breaks into song, thinking of QuirkyCarla*

'Hot Blooded' ... check it and see...

ozymandias

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 07:07:26 PM »
Beef Tenderloin aka Filet Mignon for the wife and myself, veal filet for Amber (she's not into the steak thing, but, loves veal), rice, squash, green beans or asparagus.  Dessert is Yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting.

As for Turkey, I don't like it, it takes too long to cook as opposed to a roasting chicken and the chicken tastes better (to me).  I can't even remember the last time I had turkey for the holidaze.

And welcome you would be! ;)  Tenderloins come 2 to a pack or you could enjoy the veal.  Lightly sauteed with an Italian bread crumb coating.

One Xmas I made Veal Oscar, which is sauteed with asparagus spears covered with a hollandaise sauce and lightly sprinkled with shredded crabmeat!   :green:

Litigious

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 07:09:18 PM »
I want to taste Maine lobsters. Really fresh, good cooked lobsters are marvellous.  :P

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

One fourth is more than enough to cause you to be hot blooded. I will have to remember that trait of yours. My Italian is only one eighth and it's tempered nicely with a mongrel mix of many other European ethnicities.

*breaks into song, thinking of QuirkyCarla*

'Hot Blooded' ... check it and see...

:laugh:

And welcome you would be! ;)  Tenderloins come 2 to a pack or you could enjoy the veal.  Lightly sauteed with an Italian bread crumb coating.

One Xmas I made Veal Oscar, which is sauteed with asparagus spears covered with a hollandaise sauce and lightly sprinkled with shredded crabmeat!   :green:

The tenderloins sound good. I was craving steak today.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 07:36:50 PM »
How about a Christmas story? Cool stuff!

As Christmas approaches, a virgin mother is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her offspring.
She's Flora, the Komodo dragon.

(Someone tell me if the link works for them. It works for me because it's already in my browser cache, but can you see it?)

duncvis

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 07:43:46 PM »
Woah. Another reason why Komodo dragons rock.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 07:49:25 PM »
No kidding! Anything that can kill you with it's bite is bad ass, but if it can kill, just because it has a nasty mouth, without injecting poison, that's really making a statement.

That story is also another reason why we, dicks, need to respect females, in general.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:51:18 PM by DirtDawg »