Author Topic: Enter 'Gomez'  (Read 459 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: Enter 'Gomez'
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 07:13:16 AM »
 :lol1:
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 04:04:41 PM »
I vote for Morticia.

Sorry about Fester  :'( ...but so happy you could save Gomez.

Lurch sounds like he can be pretty amazing.  :thumbup:

Yeah credit where it is due.  He went the extra mile.  He is good to me and the urchin  8)
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 01:20:06 PM »
Here he is... my fluffy baby Gomez
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 03:44:48 PM »
Here he is... my fluffy baby Gomez

He looks awesome and adorable.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 05:00:35 PM »
He's an adorable little pirate. :arrr:

I love him. :heart:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 09:54:03 PM »
Gomez looks gorgeous. Lovely shade of grey.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »

We can not have entering without marking.

:poop:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:51 PM »
Gomez looks gorgeous. Lovely shade of grey.

Grey is the color of death. right?

Mine,  very much like yours, I called Midnight, was truly an angel of death. He was stealthy, the color of shadows and he was one of my best friends ever.

He was  a  full on male   and he was a hunter at heart.  No animal he ever caught sight of survived.

I am sure I have told of stories of "BLUE,"  (wish I had pictures of Blue, with all his fur and his eyes and skin and nose and claws and even his gums, all the same color)  the largest cat I have ever owned, twenty eight pounds at his prime (Mainecoon size). He was a feral cat I "rescued"  from the wild as a kitten who grew to be a huge awesome predator and hunter,,,   and quite the player with me. 

There were times when he came at me, clawed me to bleeding on my leg, then I (was strong in my youth)  kicked him half way across the yard. He landed on his feet and was right back at me in an instant, before I could kick again, challenging me again. He was also my friend and an incredible beast, never allowing any power to exceed his powers.  He was a true hunter and mostly ate on his own. 
I really miss that cat! All the times we had "fighting" (ten minutes later I was purring him on my chest and he was happy.)  will forever live as some of my best times of my life.

Blue was an incredible wild/tame (for me - no one else could approach him) cat that will always be one of my favorites.

NOW, Midnight was a total whore. He would love up to anyone who gave him attention. Another cool cat though. He was also a hunter, but begged for our give-outs. He loved every one who approached him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:47:25 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 02:01:12 AM »
Looks very much like our old cat. It was a Blue Russian mixed mongrel (I am guessing yours is too). I am glad you have this new cat and I am sorry you were sad your other cat died.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 04:19:07 AM »
Yes I have noticed that 'grey' cats are called 'blue' in the knowledgeable cat world.  I think pedigree cats are described as blue or smoked.  He does have a bluish tinge in a certain light.  His fur goes lighter around his chin and his paws, almost silver colour.

He is going to have his second injection on friday and the vet will sedate him to have a proper look at his eye.  I am certain he is not in pain but have not made a point of trying to open his eye.  Didn't want to stress him out while making friends with him.   When the vet saw him the first time he felt the same but suggested sedation on his next visit.  One thing we are sure of is he suffered some kind of major trauma.  Maybe a dog attack, or a fox? I really don't know but it pains me to think he has gone through this with no veterinary help.  He is lucky he didn't die from infection.

The vet informed me that you can get prosthetic glass eyes for cats.  :zombiefuck:    At a cost of several hundred pounds.  I might just as well take a few hundred quid from the cashpoint and walk to nearest drain and throw it in.  For it will not enhance the cat's vision or quality of life... but it will look aesthetically more pleasing!  I think I let the vet know, in no uncertain terms, that I shall not be requiring his cosmetic surgery.   (unless of course he can provide a 'borg' style eye attachment  :borg:)  just kidding.  He is a good looking one-eyed cat and I am happy to leave it like that!  However, I will feel happier to have the vet look at it, to make sure he is comfortable and not at risk from infection.  Some of his eye could still be in there,  I really don't know.

He is a happy little one-eyed pirate cat.  He has started to 'chortle' when running down the stairs if i call his name.  It is the cutest noise, ever.  I love him.
blah blah blah

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
Might have been another male cat. They can get into some really ugly territorial disputes. :zombiefuck:

He looks beautiful, one eye and all. :heart:

Hope everything checks out okay for him, he's been through a lot.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:43 PM »
Yeah I agree.  He wasn't a high ranking male member of the cat colony.  Only 9 months old, maybe he pushed his luck.    He didn't seem to hang out with them and never came with them to get food.  He would come alone or with his mum  :'(
blah blah blah

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »
Yeah I agree.  He wasn't a high ranking male member of the cat colony.  Only 9 months old, maybe he pushed his luck.    He didn't seem to hang out with them and never came with them to get food.  He would come alone or with his mum  :'(

I'd like to think he is a powerful warrior who entered into mortal combat with a creature almost his match. He lost an eye, his adversary lost their life. He is  :viking: