Author Topic: We call in the army....again!  (Read 920 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: We call in the army....again!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
Soldiers helping their own civilians out during natural disasters is much better than many a worse scenario, imho

I agree.  Totally.   I was having a little dig at our govt.  for cutting funds.   They are a valuable resource and come with a variety of skills.

The forces are good with things like this.
Cutting back on lots of middle management would be way more effective than cutting back on the hands that work to keep a country afloat.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
Soldiers helping their own civilians out during natural disasters is much better than many a worse scenario, imho

I agree.  Totally.   I was having a little dig at our govt.  for cutting funds.   They are a valuable resource and come with a variety of skills.

Cutting back on lots of middle management would be way more effective than cutting back on the hands that work to keep a country afloat.

But if they cut back on middle management who will know what form to file to request the proper form to order more forms :zoinks: 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »

But if they cut back on middle management who will know what form to file to request the proper form to order more forms :zoinks:

Reminds me of an anecdote from a Reader's Digest in the 1960's or so.  A soldier asked to destroy some old files (filing cabinets of them were taking up needed space).  The request went up the chain of command and back to him.  The permission was given with the requirement that he make copies of the files before he destroyed them.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »
* Semicolon waits for Hyke to log on.

:hyke:

Only now that I see this thread.

I approve of well trained men saving my relatives.

Muscular men. :eyelash:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 04:36:58 AM »
This was the opportunity for Cameron to show that he really cares.

And he failed in holding up a baby or lamb, still wet from the water.

The army is used for damage control. It is time someone dares to make bold and painful and costly decisions to prevent this happening again and again every year.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 02:49:58 PM »

The army is used for damage control. It is time someone dares to make bold and painful and costly decisions to prevent this happening again and again every year.

Cameron is a stuck up burke.  Pompous blithering idiot.   
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 03:54:19 AM »

Cameron is a stuck up burke.  Pompous blithering idiot.

And it becomes visible to all now. This was an easy opportunity to polish up his image. He looks like a vain man to me, so I am amazed he missed it.

Pity for all the people in the water-soaked areas that he is missing the pressing issue of water-management, and the need for relief.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 05:23:03 AM »
He is very vain.  He changed the side he parts his hair because his 'consultant' told him to.   :wanker:

The only nice thing about him is his wife.  :orly:
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
You guys should bring back Tony Blair. He was entertaining.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 02:59:18 AM »
Yeah, he was.   I don't know if Mr Milliband has the personality to be a PM.
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 01:19:15 AM »
I find that new official portrait to be a bit scary, btw. Don't you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 02:47:10 AM »
Oh is that his official portrait?  Yeah it is a bit scary.  Bloody Hell.   It was pretty scary to see his transformation when he was in office.  It aged him rapidly.  Its the kind of job that would.
blah blah blah

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 03:08:57 AM »

This is England's green and pleasant land!  Children are sailing to school in Somerset  :viking:
We are having the most terrible floods.

So,  who do we call?   The Army.   Again.

My point is the government have made 20'000 of them redundant.  They have been targeted to take the brunt of Public Spending Cuts.   Yet, they  are the most adaptable and capable people employed by the government.   In recent times we called them in when the fire fighters were on strike.   We called them in during the riots.   We called on them to help clear the motorway when we had a hundred plus cars in a pile up.   We call on them whenever the police can't cope.

So now, they are drafted in again to 'do something' (?) with all this flooded water.   

I am hoping that one day the whole of parliament will go down with food poisoning and we can draft in the army to run the country  :viking:

I know that I know nothing about you, but from WHERE are you hailing this insane crapshite?

I live in a country where "The Army"  are NOT subject to Public Spending Cuts. Our five-wide military forces are "financed" and supported by our Federal Government.  There can never be a time when some asinine, uninformed "public" can affect the workings of our military - any five of the Mighty "Arms"  of our military.

Our Military is defined specifically and entirely subject to Federal laws, set down by our constitution, over two hundred years ago.

In all honesty, our "Army Corps of Engineers"  has saved this country from a great number of similar embarrassing moments, built bridges, highways, dams, levees, etc.  All that comes from supporting a "REAL" military.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:11:48 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 03:35:19 AM »

This is England's green and pleasant land!  Children are sailing to school in Somerset  :viking:
We are having the most terrible floods.

So,  who do we call?   The Army.   Again.

My point is the government have made 20'000 of them redundant.  They have been targeted to take the brunt of Public Spending Cuts.   Yet, they  are the most adaptable and capable people employed by the government.   In recent times we called them in when the fire fighters were on strike.   We called them in during the riots.   We called on them to help clear the motorway when we had a hundred plus cars in a pile up.   We call on them whenever the police can't cope.

So now, they are drafted in again to 'do something' (?) with all this flooded water.   

I am hoping that one day the whole of parliament will go down with food poisoning and we can draft in the army to run the country  :viking:

I know that I know nothing about you, but from WHERE are you hailing this insane crapshite?

I live in a country where "The Army"  are NOT subject to Public Spending Cuts. Our five-wide military forces are "financed" and supported by our Federal Government.  There can never be a time when some asinine, uninformed "public" can affect the workings of our military - any five of the Mighty "Arms"  of our military.

Our Military is defined specifically and entirely subject to Federal laws, set down by our constitution, over two hundred years ago.

In all honesty, our "Army Corps of Engineers"  has saved this country from a great number of similar embarrassing moments, built bridges, highways, dams, levees, etc.  All that comes from supporting a "REAL" military.

I think bodie meant that the UK government is cutting back more and more on the military, but, when the UK government fucks up, failing to do anything on water-management, they suddenly think they need to make use of the forces again to clear up governmental mess.
She was not belittling the army, but her government.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 03:43:04 AM »
Yes I was belittling the government.  I have been in the army ffs.  What you said Hyke is exactly right,  and the regiment I was part of 'The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters' is no more.  They were disbanded by the gov. to save money.
blah blah blah