Educational

Author Topic: Now listen here, feminism...  (Read 4366 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Now listen here, feminism...
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2014, 08:17:05 AM »
I remember the speech. Didn't realise it had to have a name to be remembered.

Duh! Titles and looks are more important than content.  :tard:

The name and content were intimately connected, actually.  :facepalm2:
I suck at remembering titles. Content and gist of books and articles are what I remember.

The title of the speech, was "He for She". The title pretty much sums up the philosophy behind it, and I am sure you can guess why I was pretty exasperated with what she had to say.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2014, 02:14:35 AM »
Because you can't stand it when people express opinions you disagree with? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2014, 07:33:45 AM »
Actually, what really amused me is she did a token effort, saying her male friends, once they turned 18, could not express emotion when they were upset (which sounded suspiciously like they simply did not show emotions LIKE HER and in a way that she did), and how men suffer from high incidence of Depression and suicide....and with this token "reach out" to male concerns....went on to say that to make things better for them they should support women.

FUCK THAT!

WEFORWE ? How about we all support each other? Doesn't THAT sound like equality?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2014, 08:07:54 AM »
Actually, what really amused me is she did a token effort, saying her male friends, once they turned 18, could not express emotion when they were upset (which sounded suspiciously like they simply did not show emotions LIKE HER and in a way that she did), and how men suffer from high incidence of Depression and suicide....and with this token "reach out" to male concerns....went on to say that to make things better for them they should support women.

FUCK THAT!

WEFORWE ? How about we all support each other? Doesn't THAT sound like equality?

Sure does to me.  ;)

Course. That's how it always has to be with these ideologues, though. There always has to be a superior and lesser, and in the case of the "new" feminism men are supposed to be lesser. Every single campaign is undergone with the goal of moving women to the forefront and standing on the backs of men.

This is why I just tell feminist flat out to shut the fuck up and then walk away when they start quoting the dictionary when I ask them what they thing feminism is.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:12:47 AM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2014, 12:35:04 PM »

FUCK THAT!

Because you know her, and her male friends, and that's how you know what she actually meant? Support each other is fine, I guess, for as long as everyone does it your way. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »
This is why I just tell feminist flat out to shut the fuck up and then walk away when they start quoting the dictionary when I ask them what they thing feminism is.

So this is where supporting each other ends? Weak, Rage, weak.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »
Support is easy if you only have to support those whose opinions you agree with.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2014, 02:41:42 PM »
Mykeru's latest video on the subject.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2014, 12:25:11 AM »

FUCK THAT!

Because you know her, and her male friends, and that's how you know what she actually meant? Support each other is fine, I guess, for as long as everyone does it your way. ::)

What exactly is my way?  Interesting retort but it kind of misses the point entirely, doesn't it? HEFORSHE is necessarily males supporting females not requiring females supporting males. Like the support from males will through osmosis derive benefits to their well being.

Similarly I do not pretend to know anyone else's emotional capabilities or limitations or expression, nor do I have to in order to have made the statement I did.

Everyone has emotions and expresses them differently. If as an 18 year old girl she found her 18 year old male peers did not she their emotions like her and her 18 year old female peers.....so what?

I do take issue with her calling this a problem in the same way it would be a problem if an 18 year old had issue in the way 18 year old girls expressed emotion and cited it as a social problem.

Of course were this to happen that boy would likely be criticised for being ignorant and sexist and females rightness express emotion however the Hell they wanted would be the battlers.

But when Emma does it she gets a standing ovation and is seen as sensitive to male needs.

See the problem?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2014, 12:26:55 AM »

There's no way I'll spend 24 minutes watching this. Sorry.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2014, 12:35:33 AM »

FUCK THAT!

What exactly is my way?  Interesting retort but it kind of misses the point entirely, doesn't it? HEFORSHE is necessarily males supporting females not requiring females supporting males. Like the support from males will through osmosis derive benefits to their well being.

Similarly I do not pretend to know anyone else's emotional capabilities or limitations or expression, nor do I have to in order to have made the statement I did.

Yet you imply something else, above.

Everyone has emotions and expresses them differently. If as an 18 year old girl she found her 18 year old male peers did not she their emotions like her and her 18 year old female peers.....so what?

I do take issue with her calling this a problem in the same way it would be a problem if an 18 year old had issue in the way 18 year old girls expressed emotion and cited it as a social problem.

Of course were this to happen that boy would likely be criticised for being ignorant and sexist and females rightness express emotion however the Hell they wanted would be the battlers.

But when Emma does it she gets a standing ovation and is seen as sensitive to male needs.

See the problem?

No, I don't. You're basing your argument on a strawman.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2014, 12:37:22 AM »

So this is where supporting each other ends? Weak, Rage, weak.

Bad form, I know, replying to your own post, but seeing I mixed your post and Al's, I feel I have to point out my error.

I now realise no support was intended on your part.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2014, 10:59:20 AM »

There's no way I'll spend 24 minutes watching this. Sorry.

Mykeru's videos are worth the time.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »
They need transcripts. I would read a transcript.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »
They need transcripts. I would read a transcript.

:facepalm2:  This isn't Atheism+, perhaps you should ask them to transcribe it.   :orly:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=13