Educational

Author Topic: Now listen here, feminism...  (Read 4546 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Now listen here, feminism...
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2014, 11:11:23 PM »
Yes, I fear it's what you meant, which is the problem. You are basically advocating fighting everything at once.

I am indeed. The mere act of unifying would actually make a lot of the "everything" people would be fighting a non-issue, though. I'm not saying everyone has to be the same, but to create a united front of social justice and civil rights.  I say this because we actually are all fighting the same thing, but are being manipulated into fighting one another.

It might work if there only were a select few uncomplicated issues to worry about. *Might work*.

In reality, it's not going to happen because the issues are complex, diverse and frequently contrary to each other.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2014, 09:59:20 AM »
I just quit my job. I love early intervention, but the drama was too much. Actually, the politics were too much. I had idiots who did not know how to do my ob telling how to do it  - me, a proud ODD.

I am now switching to dementia, and I bet I will love this too.The crazier, the better. But I plan to return to helping families of young children within a year.

They actually called the police on me! The police arrived, and within minutes were protecting me from the crazy admins! It was all kind of alien. maybe I will post the story.

Could we get the police report too? along with the OTHER side of the story?

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2014, 08:01:32 PM »

Sure, Pappy. There's always more than one perspective.  :apondering:
I love everyone yet like no one    WTF

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2014, 01:34:07 PM »

Sure, Pappy. There's always more than one perspective.  :apondering:

Pappy, I just got back from seeing my old colleagues. I still have not seen the police report, but of the two who called the police - the one who was manager of my department was replaced. No one knew what happened to the other. She was higher in the hierarchy and based in a different building.

I feel she carried greater responsibility, but this is a place that throws subordinates under the bus.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2014, 01:39:27 PM »
Pappy, I just got back from seeing my old colleagues. I still have not seen the police report, but of the two who called the police - the one who was manager of my department was replaced. No one knew what happened to the other. She was higher in the hierarchy and based in a different building.

I feel she carried greater responsibility, but this is a place that throws subordinates under the bus.

I've worked at places like that. The professional racing industry is pretty damn cutthroat.

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »

I've worked at places like that. The professional racing industry is pretty damn cutthroat.

Not a shocker for people who are competitors. What did/do you do in this industry?

I working in a highly collaborative "helping" profession, and this administration was simply unexpected. The police officer suggested I go to the local employment commission, who suggested I file a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (feds).  I can share their perspective once they process it.  They are the gatekeepers for disability lawsuits.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »

Not a shocker for people who are competitors. What did/do you do in this industry?

CNC Prototype machining, welding, fabrication and R&D work. I worked directly with the crew chiefs and engineers to design new parts for our race cars.

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »

CNC Prototype machining, welding, fabrication and R&D work. I worked directly with the crew chiefs and engineers to design new parts for our race cars.

I hadn't heard of CNC Prototype machining so I googled around and found http://americanmachinist.com/features/machinists-nascar. While different teams may be cutthroat with each other, within your team, you all have gotta be like a well oiled machine. I've seen how pit teams are like dancers to get max efficiency. You have to be artistic and visionary as well as efficient.  It sounds like a great job!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2014, 08:05:50 PM »
While different teams may be cutthroat with each other, within your team, you all have gotta be like a well oiled machine.

That's the theory at least. In reality it doesn't work like that. Everyone wants to be the hero and in order to stand above the rest, it's easier to throw your co-workers under the bus.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2014, 01:50:36 AM »
Hopefully it's a high-tech bus at least. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2014, 01:53:26 AM »
 :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
Hopefully it's a high-tech bus at least. :orly:

Funny enough, we had one of those...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2014, 11:11:08 PM »
Ooh, I love it. +

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2014, 07:26:35 AM »
Yes, I fear it's what you meant, which is the problem. You are basically advocating fighting everything at once.

I am indeed. The mere act of unifying would actually make a lot of the "everything" people would be fighting a non-issue, though. I'm not saying everyone has to be the same, but to create a united front of social justice and civil rights.  I say this because we actually are all fighting the same thing, but are being manipulated into fighting one another.

It might work if there only were a select few uncomplicated issues to worry about. *Might work*.

In reality, it's not going to happen because the issues are complex, diverse and frequently contrary to each other.

Contrary because people want them to be. COUGHallthewhilescreamingforequalityCOUGH
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2014, 11:04:03 PM »
No, contrary because they're *contrary*.

If you try to do everything at once you'll end up failing with everything.

- Albert Einstein