Author Topic: Got told I should start posting again  (Read 3807 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Got told I should start posting again
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2014, 04:22:30 AM »

Just today I had my yearly assessment.  I had no idea that it was due  (actually five months late, which I mentioned just before I signed things).

I do not know if I have told you how much animosity I hold for my managers for them having forced me to give up my full time job.

(LARGE story, better at another time)

Today I got a really great assessment which leads to a raise in pay. It is already done. Today was more about reporting the results of my yearly assessment

I found several openings from which to interject my fury. I only took one. I noticed that "my boss"  was assessing me as if I had not gone from full time to part time, fully expecting me to do the same job I did as a fulltimer, but restricted to part time work.

I mentioned that this conversation will be a very SHORT one, because we have been over and over this same shit many times. "You seem to forget that I AM NOW A PART TIME WORKER and all this shit you try to make me take responsibility for NOW falls to THE FULL TIMER, (YOUR FUCKING ROOM MATE, BTW) not to ME!!. I only work part time, now!

I said that I will continue to train him (our new full timer - who is cool and I like him and I want him to succeed, but I have no reason to take his job on anymore.) to the best of HIS abilities, but do not make me responsible for his failures nor accredited for his successes. He is on his own to sink or swim. "I will train him, but to get him up to MY speed in a few months is NOT going to happen.  I have been doing this same job for over six years and I am still learning, as YOU are."

Surely, you understand that taking my job away from me, in favor one infinitely less competent, diminishes my investment in this company, right?

I hear you mate and there is nothing unreasonable in what you said. Don't let them play with your sense of pride and ego
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2014, 06:27:50 AM »
It's disturbing to think that neurotypicals might consider him a spokesman for the autistic community. :zombiefuck:

It's disturbing to think that anyone would take him seriously.

He's a television consultant now.

He consults television sets?

The television sets consult him. :orly:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2014, 05:09:05 AM »
It's disturbing to think that neurotypicals might consider him a spokesman for the autistic community. :zombiefuck:

Now that explains a lot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2014, 05:16:27 AM »

Just today I had my yearly assessment.  I had no idea that it was due  (actually five months late, which I mentioned just before I signed things).

I do not know if I have told you how much animosity I hold for my managers for them having forced me to give up my full time job.

(LARGE story, better at another time)

Today I got a really great assessment which leads to a raise in pay. It is already done. Today was more about reporting the results of my yearly assessment

I found several openings from which to interject my fury. I only took one. I noticed that "my boss"  was assessing me as if I had not gone from full time to part time, fully expecting me to do the same job I did as a fulltimer, but restricted to part time work.

I mentioned that this conversation will be a very SHORT one, because we have been over and over this same shit many times. "You seem to forget that I AM NOW A PART TIME WORKER and all this shit you try to make me take responsibility for NOW falls to THE FULL TIMER, (YOUR FUCKING ROOM MATE, BTW) not to ME!!. I only work part time, now!

I said that I will continue to train him (our new full timer - who is cool and I like him and I want him to succeed, but I have no reason to take his job on anymore.) to the best of HIS abilities, but do not make me responsible for his failures nor accredited for his successes. He is on his own to sink or swim. "I will train him, but to get him up to MY speed in a few months is NOT going to happen.  I have been doing this same job for over six years and I am still learning, as YOU are."

Surely, you understand that taking my job away from me, in favor one infinitely less competent, diminishes my investment in this company, right?

I hear you mate and there is nothing unreasonable in what you said. Don't let them play with your sense of pride and ego

Agreed. I hate it when job definitions change but the expectations aren't affected.

Foolishly, I took on additional responsibilities at work as a Scrum master (think of the concept as being the keeper of the faith for development methodology for programmers, a team leader of sorts). My thinking was to take control over the development processes because the developers we have are too inexperienced and young to handle any of it. I thought, again foolishly, that I would only invest a few hours a week for this.

What happened was that I am now expected to improve those processes, in reality the net results from said developers, while still doing everything I did before, for the same hours and the same pay.

I am stupid.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2014, 03:24:09 AM »
Hi everyone.  :fuckyeahdance: I chose this smiley because I liked the expression.
Welcome back.

Why are you reading old stuff the Highway? That's a joke forum.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2014, 03:30:50 AM »
It's been over six months since that post.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2014, 03:31:50 AM »
Yes, but she's here now and reading old stuff in the highway forum, so am wondering why.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2014, 03:33:38 AM »
Great idea.

Hey, look here too!  :santa:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2014, 03:52:48 AM »
Is that sarcasm? People usually look to see if there's any responses to their old posts or intro threads, so figured this was a good place to get her attention.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2014, 03:54:44 AM »
No, not sarcasm. I thought it was a good idea.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2014, 03:56:09 AM »
Oh, okay. :laugh:

She should come back.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2014, 03:56:58 AM »
She should indeed.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2014, 04:02:39 AM »
yes
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2014, 06:23:53 AM »

It's a very important, symbiotic relationship.  :tv:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2014, 07:33:29 AM »

It's a very important, symbiotic relationship.  :tv:

It's Alex's way of giving back to the community. :santa:

Is that sarcasm? People usually look to see if there's any responses to their old posts or intro threads, so figured this was a good place to get her attention.
No, not sarcasm. I thought it was a good idea.

You could PM her. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.