Educational

Author Topic: Got told I should start posting again  (Read 3758 times)

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
Re: Got told I should start posting again
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 02:23:55 AM »
How is the boy wonder, anyway?

Absent most of the time. He drops in every now and then to wave at us from his chariot. The most recent time was to do a poll on which new site layout people liked the best. Completely ignoring all the software bugs and so forth that WP has, of course.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 02:39:13 AM »
I have the opposite problem in real life to you it seems. I am given no slack and at times I need it. I am not going to whine but I am in a very aspie-inapropriate job and it is high in stress and change. Sometimes I need a bit of pressure off or help or more slack and I do not get it. Nor can I ask for it as I was hired without them aware of my condition (I do not think I would have got the job if they knew).
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2014, 03:02:12 AM »
My problem isn't so much that I'm given too much slack as that people keep attributing autistic symptoms to emotional problems.
Then they think they've helped me because they've given me a retarded deep-breathing exercise or something like that.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2014, 03:05:04 AM »
My problem isn't so much that I'm given too much slack as that people keep attributing autistic symptoms to emotional problems.
Then they think they've helped me because they've given me a retarded deep-breathing exercise or something like that.

My, oh my, how terribly patronising. And do you feel all better now, sweetie. The deep breathing made you head and tummy feel better? ;)

Yup punch them in the throat.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2014, 03:06:36 AM »

My, oh my, how terribly patronising. And do you feel all better now, sweetie. The deep breathing made you head and tummy feel better? ;)

That's exactly the advice that one of my friends gave. I appointed him as my new psychologist on the spot.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2014, 03:08:26 AM »

That's exactly the advice that one of my friends gave. I appointed him as my new psychologist on the spot.

You sure they are friends?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2014, 03:12:29 AM »
I remember someone grabbing my arm to help me cross the road after I told them I am autistic. It is hard to know the right people to tell!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »
How is the boy wonder, anyway?

Absent most of the time. He drops in every now and then to wave at us from his chariot. The most recent time was to do a poll on which new site layout people liked the best. Completely ignoring all the software bugs and so forth that WP has, of course.

It's disturbing to think that neurotypicals might consider him a spokesman for the autistic community. :zombiefuck:

I remember someone grabbing my arm to help me cross the road after I told them I am autistic. It is hard to know the right people to tell!

:facepalm2:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2014, 05:09:41 PM »

Start being overly clear in response, speaking slowly and explaining everything. When they ask what you are doing (which they are bound to do if you keep doing this), tell them you thought they were both stupid and ignorant.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2014, 05:10:40 PM »
It's disturbing to think that neurotypicals might consider him a spokesman for the autistic community. :zombiefuck:

It's disturbing to think that anyone would take him seriously.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2014, 06:22:05 PM »

Just be thankful it wasn't one of the guys here.  They would have grabbed your tits or ass and kept you there.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2014, 08:40:34 PM »

He's a television consultant now.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2014, 01:35:22 AM »
I have the opposite problem in real life to you it seems. I am given no slack and at times I need it. I am not going to whine but I am in a very aspie-inapropriate job and it is high in stress and change. Sometimes I need a bit of pressure off or help or more slack and I do not get it. Nor can I ask for it as I was hired without them aware of my condition (I do not think I would have got the job if they knew).

Kind of the same for me, but I am busted. Quite a few up there know about me.

I might lose my job if I was not one of the very best at doing it and completing tasks. What makes me more successful than most is that I "care" about doing my best and my best is pretty damn good.
 :headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »

Just today I had my yearly assessment.  I had no idea that it was due  (actually five months late, which I mentioned just before I signed things).

I do not know if I have told you how much animosity I hold for my managers for them having forced me to give up my full time job.

(LARGE story, better at another time)

Today I got a really great assessment which leads to a raise in pay. It is already done. Today was more about reporting the results of my yearly assessment

I found several openings from which to interject my fury. I only took one. I noticed that "my boss"  was assessing me as if I had not gone from full time to part time, fully expecting me to do the same job I did as a fulltimer, but restricted to part time work.

I mentioned that this conversation will be a very SHORT one, because we have been over and over this same shit many times. "You seem to forget that I AM NOW A PART TIME WORKER and all this shit you try to make me take responsibility for NOW falls to THE FULL TIMER, (YOUR FUCKING ROOM MATE, BTW) not to ME!!. I only work part time, now!

I said that I will continue to train him (our new full timer - who is cool and I like him and I want him to succeed, but I have no reason to take his job on anymore.) to the best of HIS abilities, but do not make me responsible for his failures nor accredited for his successes. He is on his own to sink or swim. "I will train him, but to get him up to MY speed in a few months is NOT going to happen.  I have been doing this same job for over six years and I am still learning, as YOU are."

Surely, you understand that taking my job away from me, in favor one infinitely less competent, diminishes my investment in this company, right?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2014, 11:43:40 PM »

He's a television consultant now.

He consults television sets?

- Albert Einstein