Author Topic: Got told I should start posting again  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Got told I should start posting again
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2013, 08:28:56 AM »

Am I still banned? I never actually found out what I was banned.
Oh I was told that I was difficult and pushed the boundaries and was nor affording the moderators respect and that I was not prepared to accept I was wrong and apologise. But not actually what I did that was ban worth or how long my ban was for.

You are difficult and stubborn. It's what I like about you.

You're not a whiny douchebag, though.

I know all those traits are 100% true. The make for a pain in the arse member. Is that why I am banned but did I do something ban worthy. Am I still disliked by the mod team. Is the ban indefinite. Just interested

I don't know what you did; it was ages ago with completely different moderators. There's still a fairly close watch to make sure you don't come back. I don't dislike you but I can't speak for the others. I'm pretty sure the ban is permanent.
Maybe your sockpuppets would stop getting banned if the first thing they did was something other than arguing against how the site is run. :P

You are making it sound like that is all I do when I make a new account there, which is not entirely true. :P
In my defence, if they are going to treat their members (any of them) with contempt or unfairly, then when those members take "them" to task they really ought to put up their hand and say "Fair call" and cop it sweet. I call it constructive criticism. It may may them look like jackasses for the mistakes they made, but if the mistakes are correct, then all good.
I think that occasionally they get people in a moderation or Administrative capacity that treat members they disagree or do not like as a master/serf relationship or employer/employee. Forums are not that kind of dynamic. Whee they do behave like this and get pulled up on it, they ought to be humble and learn rather than ban/delete or hide threads/recreate the narrative. That was something Amy in AFF did and it is not healthy.
I like to think this is all benevolent. In truth I probably really just do it because it is fun.
As far as I can make out, they see me as a person they got rid of probably incorrectly and who every time he came back, had a way of making the forum and Alex and specific Mods  Like Sinsboldly, Quatermass and Lau look like arseholes, without necessarily breaking the rules. Where they censored and warned and banned. They stepped outside of what they ought to do to get rid of me and then I kept coming back and rubbed their faces in it all over and laughed at them. So they made the ban permanent.
You know that I actually had them try to strike up a deal with me?
If I came back and admitted the ban was deserved and apologised publicly and remained on probation for a year without any red flags for my behaviour then I could be reviewed and stay?
Cute huh? Guess what my answer was?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2013, 11:30:19 PM »
Alex himself offered me a similar deal.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »
Then I am in good company knocking him back
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »
It only took me a few hundred posts to be banned. :angel:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2013, 02:14:41 AM »
My first ban did not take me long but my successive bans were quicker

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2013, 08:55:30 PM »
Don't forget about I2, Penguin.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2013, 11:56:03 PM »
My first ban did not take me long but my successive bans were quicker

You smooth-talker you.

- Albert Einstein

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2013, 02:17:26 AM »

I haven't; I've just been having a busier-than-usual 4 weeks.

In other news, the next person that tries to discuss my feelings, or that suggests that affirmations will help with autistic impairments, is getting punched in the throat then boiled alive.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2013, 03:31:34 AM »

In other news, the next person that tries to discuss my feelings, or that suggests that affirmations will help with autistic impairments, is getting punched in the throat then boiled alive.

I sense you really need to talk about this. Don't hide your feelings, it will be better for you if you express them.
 :angel:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2014, 06:00:03 PM »
You are making it sound like that is all I do when I make a new account there, which is not entirely true. :P

Not entirely; but a fair few of your reappearances do seem to be for the purpose of criticising the way things are run.
You make valid criticisms, but they're always going to be jumped on straight away if they're the first thing you do on a new account. Plus your posting style is very distinctive, so it's not hard to know that it's you.

In my defence, if they are going to treat their members (any of them) with contempt or unfairly, then when those members take "them" to task they really ought to put up their hand and say "Fair call" and cop it sweet. I call it constructive criticism. It may may them look like jackasses for the mistakes they made, but if the mistakes are correct, then all good.
I think that occasionally they get people in a moderation or Administrative capacity that treat members they disagree or do not like as a master/serf relationship or employer/employee. Forums are not that kind of dynamic. Whee they do behave like this and get pulled up on it, they ought to be humble and learn rather than ban/delete or hide threads/recreate the narrative. That was something Amy in AFF did and it is not healthy.

I think that the risk of abuse is a danger with any sort of power.
You get even more danger with autistic people; with our tendency to be rigid in our thinking and unable to just admit when we're wrong.

As far as I can make out, they see me as a person they got rid of probably incorrectly and who every time he came back, had a way of making the forum and Alex and specific Mods  Like Sinsboldly, Quatermass and Lau look like arseholes, without necessarily breaking the rules. Where they censored and warned and banned. They stepped outside of what they ought to do to get rid of me and then I kept coming back and rubbed their faces in it all over and laughed at them. So they made the ban permanent.

You know, you could be right there.
I remember that before you got banned you did come across as kind of an abrasive jerk, but I was surprising at the ban because I didn't think you'd done anything ban-worthy.

If I came back and admitted the ban was deserved and apologised publicly and remained on probation for a year without any red flags for my behaviour then I could be reviewed and stay?

"Yes, I am sorry and will be a good boy in future"?

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »

I sense you really need to talk about this. Don't hide your feelings, it will be better for you if you express them.

I am still pissed off at this person.
I can tell people to "think positive" and completely dismiss any real difficulties they may be having as being a result of "negative beliefs". I can haz psychologist job now plz?

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2014, 06:03:10 PM »
In other news, I got told off by The_Face_Of_Boo over at WP for "talking down to people", and all I can say is 'OH MY GOD, THE IRONY".

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »

I am still pissed off at this person.
I can tell people to "think positive" and completely dismiss any real difficulties they may be having as being a result of "negative beliefs". I can haz psychologist job now plz?

Ask PMS Elle for a reference. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »

Not entirely; but a fair few of your reappearances do seem to be for the purpose of criticising the way things are run.
You make valid criticisms, but they're always going to be jumped on straight away if they're the first thing you do on a new account. Plus your posting style is very distinctive, so it's not hard to know that it's you.

I think that the risk of abuse is a danger with any sort of power.
You get even more danger with autistic people; with our tendency to be rigid in our thinking and unable to just admit when we're wrong.

You know, you could be right there.
I remember that before you got banned you did come across as kind of an abrasive jerk, but I was surprising at the ban because I didn't think you'd done anything ban-worthy.

"Yes, I am sorry and will be a good boy in future"?

Nearly...it was "Haha...you're joking, right" Then I launched into an encyclopaedic length mental meandering, if memory serves.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »
How is the boy wonder, anyway?

- Albert Einstein