Educational

Author Topic: My battle with graffiti addiction  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: My battle with graffiti addiction
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
I think fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims should be put out on some island with plenty of guns - plenty  :angel:

Only if they all agree to it.  No one has the right to force that decision on them.  :M

:plus:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

TheoK

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
In the 1960's most Swedish cities were destroyed by idiots - adult ones. Century old buildings were destroyed. Except for my high school philosophy teacher I have never heard anyone wanting them to get punished for it. But kids spraying the ugly buildings and other structures they erased instead should be  :facepalm2:

Here is a 17th century house in Stockholm destroyed without any reason in the 1960's  :grrr:

They should have livened those walls up instead of bringing them down. :zoinks:

So as usual it's right when the state does it, like destroying cultural values. I guess it's OK if the state destroys your house for building a motorway too.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
Lit, I understand what you are saying about destruction of old buildings. 

However, cities change.  The buildings of the past aren't necessarily suitable for today's needs.  The old building you (collective you, not personal) want to keep may have replaced an even older building that had some significance or use.  As much as I love old buildings I reluctantly realize that progress is here to stay. 

Lest you think I'm being argumentative, I prefer buildings to people.  A building just seems more reliable than people, in general.  And I prefer old homes (separate rooms for separate functions, woodwork, the comforting creaks) to newer homes.     
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

TheoK

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »
Et ego, Victoria Regina!  :agreed:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »
A nice mural on a plain grey building wall is far better to look at than the ugly plain wall any day of the week.

Unfortunately there are far too many "artists" who merely spray to mark their gang territory.

I suspect the majority of tags are punk kids pretending to mark their gang territories. Here, they're all like that, since we have no gangs :D Instead, they'll just be tag crews tagging their pointless signatures around.

I don't mind either way.

I'll always add 20 years to Odeon's age from now on, he is an old, angry grump! :D

So your walls are up for grabs, then? :P

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2013, 03:55:18 PM »
In the 1960's most Swedish cities were destroyed by idiots - adult ones. Century old buildings were destroyed. Except for my high school philosophy teacher I have never heard anyone wanting them to get punished for it. But kids spraying the ugly buildings and other structures they erased instead should be  :facepalm2:

Here is a 17th century house in Stockholm destroyed without any reason in the 1960's  :grrr:

So as usual it's right when the state does it, like destroying cultural values. I guess it's OK if the state destroys your house for building a motorway too.

Eh?

Did you actually read my response?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »

Eh?

Did you actually read my response?

Oh, I thought you were joking.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, 08:12:20 AM »
I *was* joking, but I also didn't say I was in favour of tearing it down.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »
In Uddevalla there is lots of graffiti. This guy even dedicated his Dayviews page to it :toporly:

Graffitifoeshoe

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:33 AM »
 :thumbdn:

Ugly and pointless.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »
I should take photos of the two bits of graffiti on the walls around here. Very ugly indeed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Biggest Dick on the Board
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2013, 04:04:00 AM »

Will make graffiti float right off the wall.
t͕̬̱̣̻he̘̳͍̯͇ͥ̾ ͇̉̋ĥ̖ͣi̘͕̙v͉̆̉e̠͓̐̔ ͕͍̺̝̑͛ͪṃ̯̳͙͗́i̓͑͌̿ͥ̐n̯͉̥̘͚͎̹ͮ͑̏ͤd̙̗̫̓ ̟̝̼͌̉́͑rͦ̋͗̃̐͛e̪̅p͂r̯̙̙̿e̳̟͔͔̼͍̪̅ͪͬ̔͛́̚s̰͈̭̞̭̥̃̐ͤ̽ͤĕ͕̹̙͒͆͒̍n͈̠̣ͪ̇ͩ͆ͩͅṯ͍̟͕̮͆̑͛̐͛ị̭̟̮̍̆ͥ̂̈́̅n̯͙̯̝̗͑͐̓g̻̠͊̂́ͤ ̂̄̒͌ͮ̐́̄̈̿̈ͫp̦̜͇̝̈͌̈ͭ̐̌s̜̼̪̪͍̩y̑ͪ̏ĉ̤͉̆h̹̫͖̱͙͉͙ȍ͐̅t͚̝ị̺̳ͮͬͬ̀ͅc͖̭͖̣̱͂͊̆ ̰̤̞̬̠̳̇ć̻̱͙͎̘̲̰hȃ̩͔̿̎͂̂̚o̦̱̩ś̹̗̥̤̝ͅ,̫͚̥͎͚͇͓͗ͬͪ͆ ͥ̃̌̀̉̈́h̋̾͛͗e̜ ͚̥̞̫̠ͫͮ͛̿c̈o͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬm̠̩̣ͧe̮ͯͪs̳̞̘͇͎̳͉̈́̃͂ ̞̎ͯh̖͚́̈̑̓̋ë̟̻̼̩́ͧͩ̎͛ ̯̲̖͕̖̘͉c͕o̻̝̰͓̙ͯ͋̃̊̈́͂̏m̬̩̃e̯͆̆͒ͩs̲ ̜͔̭͎s̼̟̰͉͈̅̒͂̎̿ͤo͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬo͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬn͈̠̣ͪ̇ͩ͆ͩͅ

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2013, 05:13:26 AM »
I am not sure we can get that in Australia. Be good if we could.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

TheoK

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2013, 05:26:04 AM »
:thumbdn:

Ugly and pointless.

Are you 70 years old or what?

I can't say that I think it's fabulous, but the ugly concrete shit that they usually spray on doesn't get uglier because of that.

TheoK

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2013, 05:52:15 AM »
This Roman graffiti is world famous. "May those who love prosper; let them perish, who cannot love; let them perish twice who veto love ."  :M