Educational

Author Topic: OMG Rolf Harris is being charged with 9 pedo offences  (Read 552 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
OMG Rolf Harris is being charged with 9 pedo offences
« on: August 29, 2013, 05:11:43 AM »
I feel like i did when i discovered there is no santa.

:'(  I used to love Rolfy
blah blah blah

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
Re: OMG Rolf Harris is being charged with 9 pedo offences
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:32:28 AM »
I put this off as nothing more than a rumour a while back. Now seeing it on the news itself, fucking hell. :tard:

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »
I feel like i did when i discovered there is no santa.

:'(  I used to love Rolfy
Link?

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 05:41:56 AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rolf-harris-charged-string-child-2235523

By Natalie Evans

Rolf Harris CHARGED with string of child sex offences under probe by Savile cops
29 Aug 2013 11:52

The Australian entertainer, 83, is to be charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four counts of making indecent images of a child
Charged: Rolf Harris Charged: Rolf Harris
Getty

Rolf Harris has been charged with a string of child sex offences, police confirmed today.

The Australian entertainer is to be charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four counts of making indecent images of a child.

The painter was first arrested in November 2012 by Operation Yewtree detectives, the investigation set up in the wake of the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal.

The 83-year-old is accused of the offences between 1980 and 1986 relating to two alleged victims, who were aged 14 and 15 at the time, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

Six indecent assault charges relate to a girl aged between 15 and 16 between April 5, 1980, and April 4, 1981.

A further three charges relate to a girl aged 14 between April 28 and June 7 1986.

Harris, from Berkshire, is also charged with four counts of making indecent images of a child between March and July 2012.

Alison Saunders, chief Crown prosecutor for CPS London, said: "We have carefully considered the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police Service as part of Operation Yewtree in relation to Rolf Harris, who was initially arrested on November 29 2012 over allegations of sexual offences.

"A file of evidence was passed to the CPS on August 12 2013.

"Having completed our review, we have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest for Mr Harris to be charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of a child.

"The alleged indecent assaults date from 1980 to 1986 and relate to two complainants aged 14 and 15 at the time of the alleged offending."

Harris will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on September 23.

The TV star was interviewed under caution on November 29 last year, five days after a search warrant was executed at his Berkshire home but was only revealed as an Operation Yewtree suspect in April.

The inquiry has been run in three strands - claims involving Savile, those involving Savile and others, and those involving others.

Harris is being dealt with under the "others" strand, meaning the allegations have no link to Savile.

The artist, who painted a portrait of the Queen in 2005 and performed at her Diamond Jubilee concert last year, has been a family favourite for decades.

He had his first musical hit Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport in 1960, and continued to enjoy success in the industry, gaining cult status in recent years and performing at Glastonbury festival several times.

He also proved popular as a television presenter, getting his first big break in 1967 when he began hosting his own BBC1 programme, The Rolf Harris Show, before moving on to children's television in the 1980s and then to Animal Hospital, which he hosted from 1994 to 2004.

Harris, who has lived in Bray, Berkshire, for more than 50 years, was awarded an MBE in 1968, an OBE in 1977 and a CBE in 2006, and was made Officer of the Order of Australia in the Queen's Birthday Honours list last year.

blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 05:46:00 AM »
Geez what a derelict. I remember his music when I was a kid.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 05:46:08 AM »
Here is the BBC version, if you prefer  (i don't like the beeb :M)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23880768
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 05:47:44 AM »
I put this off as nothing more than a rumour a while back. Now seeing it on the news itself, fucking hell. :tard:

I know it is a bit bizarre.  Jimmy Savile had it written all over him, but Rolfy was just so ... nice  :(
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 06:16:19 AM »

I know it is a bit bizarre.  Jimmy Savile had it written all over him, but Rolfy was just so ... nice  :(

Jake the peg with his extra leg
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 06:34:47 AM »
seemed so innocent along with that didgeree doo
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 06:37:47 AM »
OMG. I liked him when he was doing Animal Hospital. I thought he seemed like a sweet old man.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 07:23:57 AM »
Why do these paedophiles get away with it their whole lives and only get found out when they are old
Ex: glitter, Sandusky and now this guy.
Sky blue do you know the answer to this?
Misunderstood.

• Constant Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »
Rolf's didgeridoo was always a hit with the kids! :lol1:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 03:05:56 AM »
tie 'me ten year-old down, sport...... :P

Last person I'd ever suspect of being a nonce..well maybe not the last but pretty damn close. Although he hasn't been found guilty has he? being charged with something is NOT the same as having done it. Has to be pretty shit for those who are innocent, that get charged with a sexual offense. The stink will hang around, even if the shit they get covered in is washed off publicly. Someone is always going to be out there wanting to gut him like a fish, maybe even ready to do it, even if he is publicly paraded around by the judge and jury and tattooed with 'in no way a kiddiefiddler'
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

• Constant Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 06:44:47 AM »
They'd have to have some amount of evidence before even charging him with such a thing. A false accusation towards a celebrity is not something you'd want, especially in the courts.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 06:50:36 AM »
Not that I'm accusing him of actually being a pedo, but I don't understand how people see him as looking deceptively nice. Checking his images on Google, he looks quite creepy.