Author Topic: delete  (Read 4227 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: delete
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »
Has the admin considered ever setting a post limit before a newb can create a thread (say like a 100 post limit) so they can adjust to the forum? Seems like letting newbs create threads is asking for trouble.

Where would the fun be in that? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »
No worries. You're going to be just fine here. :laugh:

:indeed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2013, 11:46:37 PM »
I'm sad I didn't think of starting a "delete" thread.

:-[
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2013, 11:54:56 PM »
 :hahaha:

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2013, 01:46:01 AM »
I think that completely removing your post is better  -  it makes the other people in the thread look silly  :zoinks:

That's why one always has to quote. Always.  :soapbox: :rollingpin: :spitscreen:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 05:42:14 AM »
I'm sad I didn't think of starting a "delete" thread.

:-[

Perhaps you could post "delete" several times in here. That would make people curious. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Player

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »
Why did you delete your post?

I think it might have come across as trollish so I decided to delete it. It's the kind of thread which I'd consider creating if I was an established regular user of the forum.

Trollish is fun because it makes people talk.

I've noticed there is much trolling and narcissism on this forum. Why do so many aspies troll?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2013, 05:08:48 PM »

I've noticed there is much trolling and narcissism on this forum. Why do so many aspies troll?

Why narcissism is a more interesting question.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2013, 05:26:57 PM »

I think it might have come across as trollish so I decided to delete it. It's the kind of thread which I'd consider creating if I was an established regular user of the forum.

i blame my narcissism on the chicks I've had sex with.  Always telling me how good i am.
Misunderstood.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2013, 05:50:17 PM »

i blame my narcissism on the chicks I've had sex with.  Always telling me how good i am.

I blame your narcissism on skyblue1's constant flattery.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »

Nice troll tactic you've got there, player. Trolling with a little malignant e-diagnosis? I'll bite.

It's not narcissism, dipshit. It's lack of theory of mind.  :hahaha: Narcissists actually understand other people, and use that knowledge with self-serving intent.

Autistics live in their own bubble. What the hell do you expect?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:30 PM »

My guess is that it's an easy way to test conventions.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Player

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2013, 05:52:46 AM »

Nice troll tactic you've got there, player. Trolling with a little malignant e-diagnosis? I'll bite.

It's not narcissism, dipshit. It's lack of theory of mind.  :hahaha: Narcissists actually understand other people, and use that knowledge with self-serving intent.

Lol - the question does come across trollish doesn't it?  :autism:

"Lack of theory of mind" is no excuse to justify it. According to Wikipedia, "Theory of mind (often abbreviated "ToM") is the ability to attribute mental states—beliefs, intents, desires, pretending, knowledge, etc.—to oneself and others and to understand that others have beliefs, desires, and intentions that are different from one's own." Aspies struggle in the real world when you have to apply ToM quickly, as in a live conversation. But on internet forums, when you have time to digest information, you should be able to apply it pretty well. Not all aspies come across as cunts on the net - explain that?  8)

If aspies miraculously became good at ToM in real life, then we'd get different personalities. This forum would probably proportionally have more narcissists and sociopaths than other aspie forums I think. :P

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2013, 06:01:32 AM »

Lol - the question does come across trollish doesn't it?  :autism:

"Lack of theory of mind" is no excuse to justify it. According to Wikipedia, "Theory of mind (often abbreviated "ToM") is the ability to attribute mental states—beliefs, intents, desires, pretending, knowledge, etc.—to oneself and others and to understand that others have beliefs, desires, and intentions that are different from one's own." Aspies struggle in the real world when you have to apply ToM quickly, as in a live conversation. But on internet forums, when you have time to digest information, you should be able to apply it pretty well. Not all aspies come across as cunts on the net - explain that?  8)

If aspies miraculously became good at ToM in real life, then we'd get different personalities. This forum would probably proportionally have more narcissists and sociopaths than other aspie forums I think. :P

So you believe that autistics lack Theory of Mind?

Offline Player

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

So you believe that autistics lack Theory of Mind?

Good question. I accept that it is the scientific consensus. Personally, I don't feel like I lack it but I accept that I might based on my real life social interactions.