Author Topic: Revenge or Not?  (Read 693 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Revenge or Not?
« on: August 11, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »
In the horrible situation that someone you love has been raped or viciously attacked so that they have a permanent injury would you take revenge on the person responsible?

Although it would give me a great deal of immediate personal satisfaction, I'd probably not seek revenge.  I'm not about to spend time in prison for killing a scuzzball.  I'm worth more than that. 

Even more importantly I feel I would be deserting the person I love.  Even though it would be damn hard I would choose to be there for them, consoling them, whatever.  Damn hard.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Revenge or Not?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »
Can't say. I think revenge in this kind of situation would usually be based on how you reacted in the moment. Emotionally, you're gonna be angry. I dunno how I would deal with that anger. I have a feeling I wouldn't react violently unless the rapist/attacker was right there in front of me when I found out, or soon afterwards. But I don't know how much of that would be down to me making a conscious decision not to take revenge.

If you make a rational choice, obviously the right one is to focus on the person who's been raped/attacked, rather than on seeking revenge yourself. But emotions can sometimes overrule things like that when something this bad has happened, so I can't say for sure. I would hope I would have the self control though.

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »
If I could get away with it, I would most likely kill the person in cold blood. Probably slowly torture them first.

I'm the same for burglers, muggers etc. - If I had a gun, I'd shoot to kill without thinking much about it.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 05:13:29 PM »
Would hope that the courts would take care of it

Have to admit if it happened in my house,

they would be dead

Or I would be

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
In the horrible situation that someone you love has been raped or viciously attacked so that they have a permanent injury would you take revenge on the person responsible?

In that situation, then yes. I would get someone to destroy that person for me.

I doubt if I would take the risk of hiring someone to kill them, but I would get people to constantly hospitalize them.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »
If I could get away with it, I would most likely kill the person in cold blood. Probably slowly torture them first.

I'm the same for burglers, muggers etc. - If I had a gun, I'd shoot to kill without thinking much about it.

(Tangential to the discussion)  I don't remember the detail, but just this week (in Houston?) a woman ran down and killed someone who was carrying a gun. She saw him approaching a group of teenagers.  However, he was carrying a innocuous gun like a dart gun.  Rash decision, bad outcome. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 05:17:24 PM »
When caught in the act, I would be fierce, no mercy, anything to help the one I love.

But, afterwards, what is revenge going to do? I would want them to get punished, and taken away from society so that they would not harm someone else, but, no need for personal revenge. Not for the sake of the victim either. I would feel like abandoning the one I love, like QV wrote.

The revenge sensation hardly ever comes over me, and the times it did, it was soon gone.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
If ever faced with such a situation, I would hope I wouldn't stoop to the level of the wrongdoer. It's a really hard thing to hypothesize; people never really know what reaction extreme circumstances like that can produce.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
When caught in the act, I would be fierce, no mercy, anything to help the one I love.

But, afterwards, what is revenge going to do? I would want them to get punished, and taken away from society so that they would not harm someone else, but, no need for personal revenge. Not for the sake of the victim either. I would feel like abandoning the one I love, like QV wrote.

The revenge sensation hardly ever comes over me, and the times it did, it was soon gone.
nice post

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »

I doubt if I would take the risk of hiring someone to kill them, but I would get people to constantly hospitalize them.

Why not do it yourself?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 05:58:23 PM »

Why not do it yourself?

Im 5 foot 2, and a girl.

If someone raped, or viciously assaulted someone, it's unlikely that they could easily be beaten up by me.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »

Why not do it yourself?

Im 5 foot 2, and a girl.

If someone raped, or viciously assaulted someone, it's unlikely that they could easily be beaten up by me.

God created man; Sam Colt made them equal. ;)

Have confidence in your abilities, Butterflies. :viking:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

TheoK

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 06:09:49 PM »
If I could kill or mutilate them and getting away with it: absolutely. If it were my mother or someone else very close I might do it even if I couldn't get away with it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »

Although it would give me a great deal of immediate personal satisfaction, I'd probably not seek revenge.  I'm not about to spend time in prison for killing a scuzzball.  I'm worth more than that. 

Even more importantly I feel I would be deserting the person I love.  Even though it would be damn hard I would choose to be there for them, consoling them, whatever.  Damn hard.

Yes and I would be brutal
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 10:55:33 PM »
No shit.

I wouldn't have any ethical, moral or personal reasons not to crucify a rapist, or drip concentrated acid into a barrel full of dilute acid, slowly increasing the strength (and probably temperature), with them restrained within, drop, by drop, by drop, feet first, over as long a period as proves survivable with medical attention.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.