Educational

Author Topic: To those in the UK are you going to 'opt-in'  (Read 2489 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: To those in the UK are you going to 'opt-in'
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2013, 04:16:45 PM »
@Rage.

I like you as a guy, and I don't want to pick a fight with you, or be nasty to you.

But, your views on welfare, the poor, and the needy, make me feel genuinely sick. I would want no part of the society that you seem desperate to see. It would sicken me.
Your ideas are cruel, nasty, and unworkable. I do value freedom, but I would rather lose some freedom, than be part of a society where Im totally free, but people around me are dying of hunger, and curable illnesses.

I believe that people who share your extreme views, are at least as much of a problem for decent society as the "Elites," who you want to beat to death with your bare hands.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2013, 04:25:54 PM »

If you're poor in the US, you're pretty much fucked.

The poor anywhere are fucked. You might be surprised at the level of assistance available to people who fall beneath the poverty line. It's the lower middle class, the ones just barely above that line, who can't catch a break.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
I'd rather be lower middle class than beneath the poverty line

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2013, 04:52:34 PM »

If you're poor in the US, you're pretty much fucked.

The poor anywhere are fucked. You might be surprised at the level of assistance available to people who fall beneath the poverty line. It's the lower middle class, the ones just barely above that line, who can't catch a break.

THIS!
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
Sure some may be junkies, or lazy fedora-wearing arsewipes who do nothing but read Ann Rand
Who's ann rand?  :mischief:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
I'd rather be lower middle class than beneath the poverty line

Most would rather not be poverty stricken and on welfare. The lower middle class are expected to pay as much for insurance as the upper class, car insurance, health insurance, and that can knock the spendable income of some into poverty.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
I've already vented off about the poverty thing in other threads, so I'll try to resist getting into it again here.

Wtf is college good for then? My cousin has a degree in biology aswell, and fucking drives a truck. haha poor guy
I'm so happy I didn't go to university. why with the whole student loan bullshit, and all.

::)

Its almost as if, they overhype the importance of college. they want you to be in debt. without anyway of getting out
I think trade school would be far more valueable in the workplace

Actually education makes you a more powerful thinker, dude. All that math and writing you think you'll never use? You actually do use the concepts and such subconsciously. Believe it or not! :o

Education is always a good thing :agreed:
No, no it's not, really.  Not at what it costs vs. what it provides, depending.

Its almost as if, they overhype the importance of college.
I think the world is finally getting that memo.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
Sure some may be junkies, or lazy fedora-wearing arsewipes who do nothing but read Ann Rand
Who's ann rand?  :mischief:

I think he means Ayn Rand. :toporly:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2013, 06:32:24 PM »
@Rage.

I like you as a guy, and I don't want to pick a fight with you, or be nasty to you.

But, your views on welfare, the poor, and the needy, make me feel genuinely sick. I would want no part of the society that you seem desperate to see. It would sicken me.
Your ideas are cruel, nasty, and unworkable. I do value freedom, but I would rather lose some freedom, than be part of a society where Im totally free, but people around me are dying of hunger, and curable illnesses.

I believe that people who share your extreme views, are at least as much of a problem for decent society as the "Elites," who you want to beat to death with your bare hands.

Take needy out of that. Those that need help would receive it. I don't understand why its such a problem to demand people be responsible.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2013, 06:37:36 PM »
Kick the people who are just lazy out on the street, let them learn their lesson and buckle down, or starve to death. Either way, the burden will be removed.

How are you going to determine the lazy from the ones that are not?.  What about times when there just aren't enough jobs for everyone?

Also, a society which allows people to simply starve to death in poverty is not a healthy one.  Starving people are unlikely to be dismissed and not be in your face are they?  They will turn to crime.  Who will they mug? who will they thieve off?  You may be lucky in that you think you can take care of yourself, but what about 'Auntie Nellie' or some frail, old relative.  Will they be safe to leave their house?  Will they even be safe in their house?  I can think of so many instances where such a society could affect you?  Disease is another one, or infection?  It is not an ideal scenario?

Talking of fairness,  what about the children of these 'lazy' people?  Aren't you condemning them also without any welfare or state benefits?  What have they done wrong, except for having the misfortune of lazy parents.

You don't know how it is, because you've never starved. You've never been homeless. I have. I went through a lazy stage, and I can tell you that its as simple as deciding to be responsible for your own actions and be a positive force in society. I personally have no room in my budget for deadweight.

The children should be taken from people when they show a record of shirking duty and malingering. Simple.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »
Wrong. WRONG. It seems relatively successful because of the wealthy people. The vast majority are stuggling middle class who are now having to use welfare or government benefits just to make ends meet, or poverty stricken zones. TRUTH dude.

If you're poor in the US, you're pretty much fucked. There's some "help" but it's nowhere near as extensive as here or the UK. In fact, I think it should be of a similar level to here, although with more regulations. Sure some may be junkies, or lazy fedora-wearing arsewipes who do nothing but read Ann Rand like it's the word of gospel, eat cheetos and grow neckbeards, but at the end of the day it's useful for you when you really do need it. And trust me, you would need it. Don't talk to me about pride, you'd most likely take it as much as anyone else.

Your way of thinking doesn't really work in terms of running a country. Some aspects have to be controlled and a government is needed for that, especially in today's society.

Wrong again. The poor are better off than the middle class sometimes here. I mean they can literally do no wrong in today's society in the united stated of man/woman children.

you'd most likely take it as much as anyone else

Eat a dick, man. I've been in situations where I needed it before. I've lived under a fucking bridge. I would rather die than accept -that- kind of help.
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »

The education itself I mean

I wouldn't say going to university and paying your fees etc is always a good thing

The way things are going, I'd probably advise my brothers against it, depending on whether they were working towards a specific career or not

Education itself is always a good thing tho (that includes self education)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »

I wouldn't say going to university and paying your fees etc is always a good thing

The way things are going, I'd probably advise my brothers against it, depending on whether they were working towards a specific career or not

I agree. Obtaining wisdom = good.
I will never stop...

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2013, 05:55:37 AM »

(as a very broad/generalized statement that deserves all sorts of qualifiers I don't have time to give it):  Assuming it's legitimately education, and not some kind of brainwashing, then yes.  :P
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »

(as a very broad/generalized statement that deserves all sorts of qualifiers I don't have time to give it):  Assuming it's legitimately education, and not some kind of brainwashing, then yes.  :P

I know another Brit who would agree.

I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.