Educational

Author Topic: Minorities predisposed to commit violent crime  (Read 571 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Minorities predisposed to commit violent crime
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »
A federal appeals judge in Texas is accused of saying minorities are more apt than other groups to commit crime and that complaints of racial bias in death sentencing are a "red herring."

Civil rights organizations filed a complaint against 5th Circuit Judge Edith Jones this week for remarks they say she made at a February speech to the Federalist Society at the University of Pennsylvania Law School about racial bias in death row sentencing.
The groups say the comments are prejudiced and call into question Jones' ability to be an impartial and fair judge.

Jones' law office in Houston said the judge declines to comment on the case.

According to several people present who signed affidavits for the complaint, Jones said:

adly some groups seem to commit more heinous crimes than others.” When asked to explain her remarks, she stated that there was “no arguing” that “Blacks and Hispanics” outnumber “Anglos” on death row and “sadly” it was a “statistical fact” that people “from these racial groups get involved in more violent crime.” By way of example, she asserted as a “fact” that “a lot of Hispanic people [are] involved in drug trafficking,” which itself “involved a lot of violent crime.”

Link

No bias there :zombiefuck:

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Minorities predisposed to commit violent crime
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:38:24 PM »
Im a minority. I dont smoke or drink and have no criminal record. :angel:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:58:14 PM »
Jews are more likely to loan you money for interest?
Misunderstood.

P7PSP

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »
She is right about the preponderance of violent crime being greater in some groups than others. Pretending that things are different does not alter the reality of the situation. http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_03.html In other shocking news males are more likely to commit murder or other violent crimes than are females. As a male I could choose to take offense about that. I choose not too.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:17:11 AM by Cassanova Frankenstein »

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:25 PM »
What are the percentage of minorities in Texas as opposed to whites? I don't care if it is true. I can handle the truth. I won't bawww about it. I don't know enough to make a judgment either way.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

P7PSP

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 11:01:20 PM »
What are the percentage of minorities in Texas as opposed to whites? I don't care if it is true. I can handle the truth. I won't bawww about it. I don't know enough to make a judgment either way.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48000.html

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 11:05:30 PM »
I was not pointing a finger at you in my other post. I know from past experience here @ I2 that some facts appear to be less popular than other facts.

TheoK

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 12:40:58 AM »
Will she get kicked as a judge? In Europe she would have been gone the same day she said it.

P7PSP

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:42:50 AM »
Will she get kicked as a judge? In Europe she would have been gone the same day she said it.
Most likely.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 05:15:47 AM »
Statistically correct or not not a very wise thing for a federal judge to say in a speech. She also likes the death penalty because it helps the executed person make peace with god
“a killer is only likely to make peace with God and the victim’s family in that moment when the killer faces imminent execution, recognizing that he or she is about to face God’s judgment,”

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 06:18:01 AM »
Statistically correct or not not a very wise thing for a federal judge to say in a speech. She also likes the death penalty because it helps the executed person make peace with god
“a killer is only likely to make peace with God and the victim’s family in that moment when the killer faces imminent execution, recognizing that he or she is about to face God’s judgment,”

:facepalm2:

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 06:23:01 AM »
I favor the death penalty because scum like Edmund Kemper, Arthur Shawcross, Kenneth McDuff, Robert Alton Harris and William Spengler are unable to kill again once they are dead. Everyone of them killed, were released, and killed again. As it stands numerous scum like that have been released to murder again. Joran van der Sloot will be able to kill again when he is released from that prison in Peru since he will only be in his mid 50s. Valerie Moore was convicted of 2nd degree murder in 1987 in Washoe County District Court. In late 2006 at age 47 she set fire to the Mizpah Hotel in Reno and killed 6 more people. 

Pedro Lopez was saved from being executed by a local tribe in Peru by a kind hearted missionary who talked the Indians into releasing him to the local police. That kindness resulted in over 100 additional murders. Lopez was convicted of numerous murders after showing the police the remains of 54 victims. Still the kind hearted authorities released him in 1998 after he was declared sane when he was 50 years old. As of 2002 there was an Interpol advisory out to rearrest him for another murder. Good thing that kind hearted Missionary talked those Indians out of killing Lopez in 1978. What Would Jesus Do?  :angel:

P7PSP

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 06:26:18 AM »
Parts I am in a cranky mood today. Sorry if that comes across like a personal attack.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 06:52:29 AM »
She is right about the preponderance of violent crime being greater in some groups than others. Pretending that things are different does not alter the reality of the situation. http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_03.html In other shocking news males are more likely to commit murder or other violent crimes than are females. As a male I could choose to take offense about that. I choose not too.
im sure that socio-economic conditions play a vital role in this. 
I'm sure its not simple skin color.
India has a caste system.  Most all are the same majority. But I bet that violent crimes happen much more in the slums....probably nearly exclusively.

I think that white collar crimes should be prosecuted just s fervently as violent crimes.

She should be kicked of the bench.  S she is supposed to be impartial, these stats should mean nothing to her, let alone come out of her mouth.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »
I favor the death penalty because scum like Edmund Kemper, Arthur Shawcross, Kenneth McDuff, Robert Alton Harris and William Spengler are unable to kill again once they are dead. Everyone of them killed, were released, and killed again. As it stands numerous scum like that have been released to murder again. Joran van der Sloot will be able to kill again when he is released from that prison in Peru since he will only be in his mid 50s. Valerie Moore was convicted of 2nd degree murder in 1987 in Washoe County District Court. In late 2006 at age 47 she set fire to the Mizpah Hotel in Reno and killed 6 more people. 

Pedro Lopez was saved from being executed by a local tribe in Peru by a kind hearted missionary who talked the Indians into releasing him to the local police. That kindness resulted in over 100 additional murders. Lopez was convicted of numerous murders after showing the police the remains of 54 victims. Still the kind hearted authorities released him in 1998 after he was declared sane when he was 50 years old. As of 2002 there was an Interpol advisory out to rearrest him for another murder. Good thing that kind hearted Missionary talked those Indians out of killing Lopez in 1978. What Would Jesus Do?  :angel:

His mum threw him out on the street when he was 8, though. There he was raped by a pedo. 18 years old he got 7 years in prison for car thefts etc. There he got raped again. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is less likely that he would have been the animal that he is unless those things had happened to him between 8 and 18.

The right thing to do against people who are impossible to improve is to let the law-abiding citizens defend themselves. You can't even do that in all of the US and in Europe in principle only in the Czech Republic. The worst thing isn't that the offenders aren't put to death by the state but that the laws prohibit the law-abiding from effective self-defense.